2010-2011 NBA thread: One LeBron To Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge game by Kurt Thomas last night (22, 9, 5). The guy has really filled in nicely with Noah out.

Why is it that you keep talking sh** about Cleveland? They are already down. Why beat them further?

my concern really is for Scott...he's a good coach and being in Cleveland is going to hurt his reputation and legacy down the line

he only signed a 2 year deal there, so I could see him leaving after this season

Huge game by Kurt Thomas last night (22, 9, 5). The guy has really filled in nicely with Noah out.

I like that when Noah comes back. The team will be deeper, & stronger.:up:

Because he didn't go to Chicago? Isn't that why you have the "Quitness" in your avatar? Sense? It makes none to me.

That is what people would like to believe. Feel free to believe that as well.

my concern really is for Scott...he's a good coach and being in Cleveland is going to hurt his reputation and legacy down the line

he only signed a 2 year deal there, so I could see him leaving after this season

Makes sense. Especially since Phil is leaving LA after this season. Byron Scott needs to figure out how to get out of Cleveland, & go to LA.

if i'm Byron Scott, I quit at the end of the season, screw the 2nd year of the deal

Yeah, I do agree with Lebron on one thing. They do need to reduce some teams. Cleveland should probably be one of them.

Go down to about 25 teams. There are so many teams with owners that have no intention of doing anything with them. Maybe if there is a threat of deletion. Owners will start to actually be competitive again.

Contraction

Cleveland
Toronto
Memphis
Charlotte
Portland - maybe
one of the California teams....Clippers or Golden State

Contraction

Cleveland
Toronto
Memphis
Charlotte
Portland - maybe

You can't contract Portland or Golden State, those teams have too much history. There's three NBA championships between them and some all time greats had a lot of success there.

I'd say Denver and Sacramento are better candidates.

and when was the last time either of those teams produced ANYTHING?? this is a "What have you done for me lately" world

Portland maybe, because there really isn't any other pro sports franchise in Oregon....Id try to contract teams that have other sports teams in that city or state

and when was the last time either of those teams produced ANYTHING?? this is a "What have you done for me lately" world

Portland maybe, because there really isn't any other pro sports franchise in Oregon....Id try to contract teams that have other sports teams in that city or state

No, in sports the history of the game is also important. There are other teams with less history that are or have done just as bad that could be contracted.

Contraction

Cleveland
Toronto
Memphis
Charlotte
Portland - maybe

Toronto and Memphis can shoot to the top of that list. The only ones I really wouldn't agree with are Cleveland and Portland. Typically, the cities support those teams.

If Cleveland is the discussion right now, I was watching Gametime last night and saw the Cavs upcoming schedule. Feb. something they play the Washington Wizards who are still looking for their first road win of the season. If the Wizards don't grab a road W by then, and Cleveland is unable to beat one of the monsters they're up against until then... I would actually watch that game, I think it would be quite entertaining.

Say, why hasn't Threadbot assassinated this thread yet?

I'd can Memphis and New Orleans. If they can get a sale done soon, I'd be tempted to spare the Hornets, only to jettison them to Seattle. Charlotte would be next on the block.

I'd also be looking into the ability of the league's competition committee to force Donald Sterling the hell out of Los Angeles.

I never understood why Byron agreed to the gig before knowing whether or not LeBron was re-signing. Kinda a big deal. Tom Izzo knew what the play was. There are worst things than an analyst gig for another season or so until something better pops up.

yea...I'm thinking Dan Gilbert charmed Byron into thinking LeBron was staying

I'd love to have Byron coaching the Knicks, he's a much better motivator than D'antoni is

D' Antoni looks like the Sheriff from Squidbillies.

yea...I'm thinking Dan Gilbert charmed Byron into thinking LeBron was staying

I think most think that's what happened. It'd hard to imagine that Byron would willingly step into that situation (especially when Phil's status in L.A. was still up in the air at the time).

Oh please, whoever takes over is gonna be one of Phills deciples. Scott never stood a chance of getting that job.

Byron had to have been convinced that Lebron was staying. Outside of just loving to be a head coach (and the paycheck) there could not have been much appeal to that job. That's got to be a tough gig night in and night out.

D' Antoni looks like the Sheriff from Squidbillies.
I don't what in the Nellie Nautiloid Squidbillies is, but if it has room for a guest spot casting for Mr. Pringle, D'Antoni should get the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"