360 controller on a PC?

is it possible to use a 360 controller for pc? if so how?

slug said:
is it possible to use a 360 controller for pc? if so how?

Just get the wired 360 controller and plug it into the USB.

Also M$ is going to start selling a bridge to connect wireless controllers and the wireless racing wheel to PC's soon.

lars573 said:
Also M$ is going to start selling a bridge to connect wireless controllers and the wireless racing wheel to PC's soon.

THE 'VISION CAM' IS ALSO SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH A 'WINDOWS' PC (LIKELY 2000/XP OR NEWER)........BUT ONLY AS A WEBCAM, I THINK.

That might give me a reason to buy it. Lacking a internet connection near my 360 like I do.

WhatsHisFace said:
This is the best PC controller ever.

Amen to that. I literally play everything with this controller now.

Is it really that good? I've been thinking of getting it for a while now but never came around to it. Is it plug and play or do you have to install drivers? Oh and how's it's compatibility with the games?

SouLeSS said:
Amen to that. I literally play everything with this controller now.

WHEN I FINALLY GET MY NEW PC (WHEN THEY FINALLY GET THE BUG-FEST, 'VISTA' OUT THE DOOR :mad: ), I THINK I'LL PICK ONE UP, SO I CAN CHECK OUT A FEW PC GAMES THAT DIDN'T/WON'T MAKE IT TO CONSOLES. I'VE NEVER LIKED PC GAMING, BECAUSE OF THE MOUSE/KEYBOARD CONTROLS.

I like the keyboard for getting into the inventory quicker, such as in Deus Ex, or selecting weapons easier.

However, in regard to aiming, I've seen no difference between using a mouse and a thumbstick.

But for my emulators, it's a ***** to use the keyboard. A controller would be much easier.

I had to install a driver, but then again, I havn't done a "windows update" in over a year and a half on this computer, so you might not have to.

Though for a majority of the games I play I use it (with the exception of any RTS game), expecially emulation games and FPS's.

SouLeSS said:
I had to install a driver, but then again, I havn't done a "windows update" in over a year and a half on this computer, so you might not have to.

Though for a majority of the games I play I use it (with the exception of any RTS game), expecially emulation games and FPS's.

DO YOU HAVE A PIRATED VERSION OF WINDOWS XP TOO? :D

SouLeSS said:
No :(

I just refuse to update it :-/

YOU FEEL SO STRONGLY ABOUT IT, YOU HAD TO SAY IT TWICE, EH? :p

No, I just refuse to update my windows. :p

It needs drivers to work. On Vista it will be plug-n'-play. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"