3D Tarzan

Ratcrawler

Superhero
Reaction score
I'm kind of looking more forward to this than Stephen Sommers "Treetop Parkour in Khakis" version...

From Variety...
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118022729.html?categoryid=1237&cs=1

Germany's Constantin Film is swinging into "Tarzan," launching development of a 3D animated feature.

The English-language pic will be produced inhouse by Robert Kulzer and Reinhard Klooss.

Constantin acquired animation rights to the "Tarzan" novels from the estate of author Edgar Rice Burroughs. The first book in the series, "Tarzan of the Apes," was published in 1912 and spawned numerous sequels and related works. The character became strongly identified with Johnny Weismuller after he starred as Tarzan in a series of MGM features in the 1930s, helping the Ape Man become one of the world's best-known literary figures.

In "Tarzan of the Apes," Tarzan is born in the jungles of Africa to a stranded English aristocratic couple. When they are killed, the infant is adopted and raised by a clan of apes. He discovers his true origins when he comes upon the cabin of his late parents.

Kulzer is a producer on two upcoming 3D projects -- "Resident Evil: Afterlife," opening this fall, and "The Three Musketeers," which begins shooting this month.

Klooss is the writer, director and producer of "Animals United," an animated CGI 3D film releasing this fall.

Martin Moszkowicz, Constantin Film's head of film and TV, will exec produce. Ambient Entertainment, which did the animation for "Animals United," will work on "Tarzan."

In 1999, Disney's animated "Tarzan" grossed $448 million worldwide. Warner Bros. and Jerry Weintraub have been developing a live-action "Tarzan" since 2003 and have negotiated with Guillermo del Toro and Stephen Sommers to direct at various points.

And hey, 3 Musketeers too!

I'm a big Edgar Rice Burroughs fan...I've read all of the Tarzan books...but always feel a little trepidation when ever I hear another movie or show is going to be made. The books are so different from what has been filmed in the past...I always hope for a faithfull adaptation.

Aye. I have a love/hate relationship with the Weismuller series for that reason. They're a fun take on the character but left the impression in the public's psyche of him being a childlike neanderthal.

Yeah...as a kid I watched the Weismuller films and loved them...then when I hit my early teens I started reading the books, big difference. I still love the movies...just want to see something closer to the books.

One of the closest you will get is the serial THE NEW ADVENTURES OF TARZAN starring Herman Brix.

^All of the above!
Tarzan is my favorite fictional character.

Greystoke was fairly close, re. the raising by apes, to the books. Lost it's way big time in the second half tho.

One of my geek dreams is to have "Tarzan at the Earth's Core" made into a quality big screen epic.

i think its a low budget german animated movie.

It reminds me of Disney's Tarzan....which is not a bad thing.

I want Tarzan (disney version) on blu ray :)

Me too Dave McFly!

I hope the facial animation and the troy telling will be good in this CG film. There's helicopters in the story one of the characters has an ipod!

Last edited:
I know I'm a 22 year old male and straight. But Disney's Tarzan is one of my favourite films :D

What does being a 22 year old straight male have to do with that...?

Well isn't there rule with Disney that you have to be an 8 year old girl to enjoy their stuff? Lol

Well isn't there rule with Disney that you have to be an 8 year old girl to enjoy their stuff? Lol
maybe on a bodybuilding forum or a car forum. but not on SHH :woot:

Thank God I'm in a place where I'm loved and accepted by people :awesome:

Hell no! Where I come from(Houston, TX) a lot of dudes love Disney and Pixar.That should be saying something, since there's normally a bunch of homophobia in the south. As a matter of fact, I was at the bus stop yesterday and heard this middle-aged man telling his wife that he wanted to go see Finding Nemo 3D with their son. The guy seemed really excited about it. I just glanced at him with a smile and silently nodded in agreement.

I'm 55 and male and love Disney movies....so no, there is no such rule.

I like the character designs, but I'm worried about the writing and directing. I don't have a good feeling about it.

Hunnman with a good script could be a good choice for Tarzan.

LMAO whoever put hardy on that short list should be shot yeah we need to see a husky voiced tarzan with tattoos throwing monkey's around lol

hunham is best choice off that list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"