Guillermo del Toro to Direct Tarzan

Soldier and Mortal Kombat are both better than ANYTHING del Toro has done, times two even. Now given that fact, Paul Anderson is a very mediocre director.

if you think soldier or mortal kombat are better than Devil's Backbone or Pan's Pabyrinth, you shouldn't be allowed to watch movies.

people can all the opinions they want but to say that Soldier and Mortal Kombat (which I liked as a kid) are better than Pan's Labyrinth is simply lame. Honestly lame. I don't know where some of these people come from, most likely, only on boards.

If he's going to do Edgar Rice Burroughs, I'd rather see John Carter on Mars by Del Toro.

I felt the same way. I still might, Although there are rumors floating about that since Paramount seems to be dropping JCoM, Disney/Pixar wanna pick it up. I will have the mother of nerdgasms if that happens.

This type of story and character could make this Del Toros best movie. This could be his Rings success big movie chance with a classic character.

Maybe he'll fight...Apes on a Yacht!

oc19001pw4.jpg

Sounds pretty flippin' awesome. Can't wait to see Toro's version. :woot::up:

Source: Variety December 15, 2006

Warner Bros. Pictures and producer Jerry Weintraub are developing a new take on the Edgar Rice Burroughs-created Tarzan. Variety says the studio is negotiating with Guillermo del Toro to direct.

John Collee, who wrote Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and most recently scripted the WB animated hit Happy Feet, is in talks to write the screenplay.

Del Toro, who grew up reading Spanish-language translations of those books, feels that the classic themes are still compelling, and that there is new ground to cover in the Tarzan mythology by turning back to the original Burroughs prose.

"I'd love to create a new version that is still a family movie, but as edgy as I can make it," Del Toro said. "There are strong themes of survival of a defenseless child left behind in the most hostile environment."

"John will be writing it alone, as I'll be in production on 'Hellboy 2' and pursuing writing projects of my own," he added. "He's got a great sense of adventure and the wilderness."

He can pull it off, his King Kong was the best of them all.

King Kong, eh? Throw some Planet of the Apes in there and...
ag05007sk9.jpg

...God, I'm an art ****e. :-/

In London attending the BAFTAs, director Guillermo Del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth", "Hellboy") spoke a bit about his upcoming "Tarzan" live-action project.

"The idea is to try to do a version unlike any other, in the sense that Tarzan's formative years growing through the jungle are incredibly tough and brutal" says Del Toro to filmick.

He adds "There's always this idyllic sense of the jungle being like a Disney set and I want to portray how this guy becomes the toughest animal in the jungle."

The project remains a while off at present with Del Toro presently set to work on both a "Hellboy" sequel and an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness".

I'm absolutely loving what I hear of Del Toro's vision for the film.

Just remembered that Del Toro's making this novie. After seeing Pan's Labyrinth, I'll be in the theater to see this. :up:

Sports thinks Casper Van Dien should play Tarzan. He played Tarzan in the last movie about Tarzan. It wasn't very good or given a chance to do well in theaters, but he pulled of Tarzan me thinks.

I barely remember anything about that POS film. Except that there were two apes in the whole film, Opar was uninhasbited and Tarzan got offended when somebody called him white.

Regardless, I think someone new should play the Ape-Man.

I have genial idea.

Rafael Nadal as Tarzan!!!

rafael_nadal.jpg

or

Josh Holloway

jholloway.jpg

Christian Bale would be a great choice for the role, and no I'm not one of those people that think Bale would be perfect at every role. He can do the physicality part and the part of a man who's been reared in the wilderness of Africa most of his life.

Del Toro is on my top 10 movie directors, so hell yes, bring on Tarzan.
I was sold the moment his name was mentioned, but i´m twice sold when i hear something like this: "There are strong themes of survival of a defenseless child left behind in the most hostile environment."
That´s why i like Del Toro so much, because the man has vision, because he always look at the edge of things and not just what´s in front of everyone´s eyes....and he knows how to bring that up.

In that department, him and i hare very alike, that´s why i always see comic book movies as very serious and dramatic.

This just in; Joel Schumacher is directing his own Tarzan movie, and here's the first photo from the set:

tarzan2_1147198703.jpg

Joel says his Tarzan film will, "highlight the homoerotic and action figure-friendly aspects of the character."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"