600 people get deluxe Norovirus package on cruise ship

Actually, i went to two cruises, and they all had white people from first world countries working there. It may be found in other cruises, but i never went to them.

You sound like one of those people who never tried travelling on planes and therefore think that it's the most unstable and dangerous way of travel.

And to mention it again, the crew on these ships are almost always low-paid workers from poor countries who are used for cheap labor. Another possibility for the spread of some diseases since likely they haven't been vaccinated or have been exposed to stuff we never encounter. Hence, the huge outbreaks of Norovirus.
Not to put too fine a point on this, but most hospitality workers are low paid. This is true for hotels and restaurants. Unfortunately, it's just the nature of the beast.

Truthfully, cruises used to be luxurious vacations. Now they are cheap and that brings....cheap people.

Going from a Holland America to a Carnival Cruise was eye opening.

Actually, i went to two cruises, and they all had white people from first world countries working there. It may be found in other cruises, but i never went to them.

You sound like one of those people who never tried travelling on planes and therefore think that it's the most unstable and dangerous way of travel.
Nope, airlines are actually safer. :oldrazz:

That's why i said "think", not that it was a fact ;)

Going from a Holland America to a Carnival Cruise was eye opening.
Yeah....it's real eye-opening. Carnival is the worse. I don't care what sort of deal they offer. I won't cruise with them. I will not go with Costa for that matter either, though they're supposed to the higher tier.

Well usually I pick a cruise based on the destinations first.

I think that one took us to Honduras, Belize, Mexico. Not that the other cruise lines didn't go there, but for the week we wanted Carnival won out.

Although, that was like the first cruise I was banned from those trivia games because I kicked ass. :up:

I know it is the internet, but giving cons isn't an excuse to start b****g about crusing as a whole just because it's not your cup of tea. And this is a forum, if it bothers me why shouldn't i post my thought?

So much negativity? Cruise ships are awesome, if it's not your cup of tea then just keep it to yourself instead of starting to b*** about other people daring to like it.

I know it is the internet, but giving cons isn't an excuse to start b****g about crusing as a whole just because it's not your cup of tea. And this is a forum, if it bothers me why shouldn't i post my thought?
Ironically, you answered your own question there.

The difference is that i don't b*** about other people liking what are Basically sea travelling hotels :o

I didn't ***** about anyone liking them. I pointed out some problems with them and you went off like I insulted your mother.

You insulted the sea itself :o

No, cruise ships do that when they drop a few literal tons of **** into it.:oldrazz:

Well usually I pick a cruise based on the destinations first.

I think that one took us to Honduras, Belize, Mexico. Not that the other cruise lines didn't go there, but for the week we wanted Carnival won out.

Although, that was like the first cruise I was banned from those trivia games because I kicked ass. :up:
I understand. I think I know the cruise you're talking about. I did a similar cruise, but I went with RC. It was more expensive, but I had my fill of Carnival when I did a short 4-day around Mexico.

Though I will say this...maritime gambling is the BEST gambling. It's like Poseidon himself is with you. :cwink:

Last edited:
Went on a disney cruise a few years ago, it was a fantastic experience. The crew was from all around the world and they were all very friendly. But that is the only one I've been on so i cant speak for other cruise lines

Do you know which cruise line operates on the West Coast? (Specifically near/in Alaska?)

(Yes, I know I could google it easy enough, but I am a newb here at SHH and am trying to get to know folks, break the ice, and as well increase my post count so as to qualify for things like an avatar.) :woot:

Hehe...the Holland and Princess lines do a pretty nice Alaska cruise tour since you asked....lol. It's pricey though, but it's supposed to be beautiful. My mother and grandmother went on one.

lol.....Good on you...that's the best way to go about it. Welcome to the Hype. :woot:

My girlfriend's parents go on $10,000 cruises all the time and then immediately complain afterwards and whine about how how happy they are to be back home. It's like, stop doing it then. Give me the damn money. I'll put it to much better use and it won't involve diarrhea or icebergs.

My girlfriend's parents go on $10,000 cruises all the time and then immediately complain afterwards and whine about how how happy they are to be back home. It's like, stop doing it then. Give me the damn money. I'll put it to much better use and it won't involve diarrhea or icebergs.
Or icebergs made of diarrhea. :barf:

What do you guys think of those Viking river cruises? The advertising looks interesting and I would like to traverse Europe by river like that, but obviously it would better to see what former patrons thought first.

They have less people on board, so less risk of things like this happening. I have also heard they are pretty pricey.

Ok thanks. I'm more concerned about comfort than price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"