8 Months Later...

so why is Sam still Captain America if the real one is back? Im really not feeling this latest trend of Marvel having multiple carry the same mantle/codename at the same time

Cuz Sam gave the name Falcon away

but yeah, we got:
-2 Caps plus Bucky
-2 Spideys and multiple Spider-women
-A Wolverine, an Old Wolverine, A Sabertooth pretending to be Wolverine, and the real Wolverine still incased in adamantium
-Thor and Lady Thor (whenever Thor pops back up)
-2 Icemans, 2 Beasts, an Angel and an Archangel

I feel like there's gotta be some sort of "Legacy War" in the distance

she was, but I think Quill was not using the name at the time
not sure if she's still using it

I hope not. I have no problem with quick relaunches, but not this quick - particularly since some books didn't even launch last fall.

Nothing here implies an actual relaunch, though. Just a branding thing, with new titles and some creative teams shaken up.

Now, if this is indeed a relaunch, I'm going to be ticked.

Nothing here implies an actual relaunch, though. Just a branding thing, with new titles and some creative teams shaken up.

Thats what a relaunch does. I expect to see several new #1s

A relaunch replaces all the current titles. Just adding new titles is a bit different.

A relaunch replaces all the current titles. Just adding new titles is a bit different.

Simply adding new titles is different but ending titles and replacing them as new volumes isnt. Thats what a relaunch is. We dont have full details yet as that article is pretty much all that is out there now but considering Marvel's obsession with #1s and the sales boost those bring, I wouldnt not be surprised if we get a bunch of those for existing books. Its literally been their business model for over 5 years now

God, no relaunch please! Like lol! Didn't they do a relaunch last year? I personally want them to replace All New X-Men, like I'm not a fan of it, I don't like the original five still being here, I'm not a fan of the 2.0 version of Wolverine and Apocalypse.... and there's Oya which feels out of place. Uncanny X-Men is cool but I wish I know what Mystique/Fantomex are doing in this title. They should hire a better writer for Extraordinary X-Men. Well actually, get rid of the original five, Old Man Logan, X-23 should just be X-23 and I don't want to see the younger students, I'm just not a fan of those, no one really breakthrough IMO because they aren't just great. Like I want a X-Men roster of old school X-Men and introduce someone new to the team that could be as popular as Kamala Khan and Star Lord. Marvel can still do that with the right push and right material.

Last edited:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/look-marvel-comics-debuts-new-marvel-now-logo

On July 13, readers will get a first look at the line in the "Marvel NOW! Previews Magazine." Much like last year's "Marvel Previews" supplement that revealed the post-"Secret Wars" "All-New, All-Different Marvel" lineup, it'll reveal new creative teams and new series for Marvel's lineup going forward after a major event (though "Civil War II" will be relatively early in its run by mid-July).
XNaTFMT.jpg

Yeah, rebranding fits better for what it actually is.

Doom as the new Iron Man would be one of the better gimmicky plots they've come up with lately, tbh

Marvel deserves major props for the people of colour they are promoting.

I have no idea who those bottom characters are...

Yeah, they're some deep cuts outside of Doom on Ms. America's and Miles on Thor's
Capt Marvel also has Slapstick, who is on Deadpool's team of Mercenaries and has been around (in obscurity) for many years

Don't really know the others though, the guy on the Cap one is brand new

Yeah that's Victor, lookin all Julian MacMahon-ish

After Secret Wars he showed up in Invincible Iron Man with all the scars mysteriously gone

Yeah that's Victor, lookin all Julian MacMahon-ish

After Secret Wars he showed up in Invincible Iron Man with all the scars mysteriously gone
it wasnt mysterious. Reed healed him in the SW finale

Ah, I thought that just was assumed, didn't remember the comics actually confirming it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"