80's TOONZ INTO MOVIES

how bout My Pet Monster, David the Gnome, or Noozles?

Last edited:
Cant beleive only one person has mentioned the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.

I love M.A.S.K., but it makes me sad that Dino Riders is not getting enough love! (BTW, thank you Iron Stark)

Last year, I was working on a potential Dino Riders remake cartoon that I was keen on the idea of pitching to Tyco / Mattel at some point in the future. I was in the very preliminary stages of putting together a story bible and was working on concept art, as well. I still hope to one day pitch it, but for now I've backburnered it slightly to make room for my other interests.

It was a really awesome idea for a show and had some great toys, and my idea was to take all the good stuff from the original and give it a sort of "Battlestar Galactica 2004" treatment. Even if my show never gets made, I'd be happy to see a movie made out of this franchise made, simply because I think it's too good to let fall into total obscurity. A lot of people don't remember it, but I sure do, and I wish they'd bring it back, whether it's with a new TV show, a movie, or both.

dinoriders.jpg

i love m.a.s.k., but it makes me sad that dino riders is not getting enough love! (btw, thank you iron stark)

last year, i was working on a potential dino riders remake cartoon that i was keen on the idea of pitching to tyco / mattel at some point in the future. I was in the very preliminary stages of putting together a story bible and was working on concept art, as well. I still hope to one day pitch it, but for now i've backburnered it slightly to make room for my other interests.

It was a really awesome idea for a show and had some great toys, and my idea was to take all the good stuff from the original and give it a sort of "battlestar galactica 2004" treatment. Even if my show never gets made, i'd be happy to see a movie made out of this franchise made, simply because i think it's too good to let fall into total obscurity. A lot of people don't remember it, but i sure do, and i wish they'd bring it back, whether it's with a new tv show, a movie, or both.

dinoriders.jpg
holy sh-t !!! A that would be so awesome.

I wish someone would do " Inhumanoids ". Scientists with Hi-tech armored suits, fighting giant underground monsters. This has summer blockbuster written all over it.

Cant beleive only one person has mentioned the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.

Yeah, that'd be cool. I loved that and Bionic Six. Similiar in concept kinda - thinking about it, do they even still do cartoons about characters with bionic enhancements anymore?

One things for sure, kids nowadays dont know what the've missed.The concepts seen in 80's cartoons were so much better, diverse, fun and cooler than now. :hehe:

Dinoriders would be such an obvious hit if handled correctly. I can't believe no studio has gotten on it yet.

A REALLY amazing movie would be Ullysess 31 which would be a doddle to write because it is basically the Odyssey in space seeing a massive cgi representation of the ship and hearing Shirka speak would blow my mind.

And The Mysterious Cities of gold (a toon which has probably the greatest intro tune ever:woot:) could be amazing as a goonies type kids disney movie imo.

The Trap Door (british classic stop motion animated show) could be great as a modern stop motion movie in the same vein as the recent Coraline movie which imo is an instant classic.

No one is gonna like my ideas.
Now that I've put up a disclaimer of sorts I will say that I have always pictured Mariah Carey in the role of Jem. But now that I've seen Glitter, I'm not too sure. I don't really know about the Holograms, but for the Misfits I would have Courtney Love as Pizzazz (she's so trashy that its perfect), and maybe Britney Spears as Roxy (also could play trashy). I don't really know about Stormer.
And before anyone says something like "How about actors?", I just wanna say that this will not be an actor's movie. If this movie gets made its gonna be fluff pretty much. So why not have some fun with the casting?
P.S. Your screen name reminded me that I would also love to see the Thundercats.

Now that I've put up a disclaimer of sorts I will say that I have always pictured Mariah Carey in the role of Jem. But now that I've seen Glitter, I'm not too sure. I don't really know about the Holograms, but for the Misfits I would have Courtney Love as Pizzazz (she's so trashy that its perfect), and maybe Britney Spears as Roxy (also could play trashy). I don't really know about Stormer.
And before anyone says something like "How about actors?", I just wanna say that this will not be an actor's movie. If this movie gets made its gonna be fluff pretty much. So why not have some fun with the casting?
Well I don't remember JEM all that clearly so I really can't comment.

P.S. Your screen name reminded me that I would also love to see the Thundercats.
Cool. Thundercats forever!

Even though I have very little memory of Jem, I think if it were made it would be geared towards young girls, so it would probably star some teen actress like Miley Cyrus.

Even though I have very little memory of Jem, I think if it were made it would be geared towards young girls, so it would probably star some teen actress like Miley Cyrus.
Probably.

Probably, eh? :( Ugh! All those annoying Disney kids.

Fred and Velma disappeared during the Scrappy Doo era. They were not seen again till A Pup Name Scooby Doo. in 88/89.

holy crap, I never noticed that

the animation on Shaggy is a little different too

Are you kidding me? That would have great nostalgic value! I would watch it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"