80's TOONZ INTO MOVIES

Kissyfur, Camp Candy, Rainbow Brite

Biker mice from Mars
Chip 'n' Dale

Are those from the 80's, cant remember ?

Keep Disney the Hell away form JEM !!! JEM would have to be PG-13. No Miley Cyrus, No Hillary Duff, No Ashley Tisdale. I could see Mariah Carey as Jem, and Courtney Love,Liz Phair, and Gwen Stefani as the Misfits ( too bad all of these broads are pushing 40, but they still look good.)

Anybody remember Lea Thompson's Band in " Howard the Duck " ? They always kinda reminded me of the Holograms.

Keep Disney the Hell away form JEM !!! JEM would have to be PG-13. No Miley Cyrus, No Hillary Duff, No Ashley Tisdale. I could see Mariah Carey as Jem, and Courtney Love,Liz Phair, and Gwen Stefani as the Misfits ( too bad all of these broads are pushing 40, but they still look good.)

Anybody remember Lea Thompson's Band in " Howard the Duck " ? They always kinda reminded me of the Holograms.

If any studio made a live-action Jem film they would aim it at the tween demographic (just like the animated series was) and cast accordingly.

Are you kidding me? That would have great nostalgic value! I would watch it for sure.

But we're nerds, so we might watch a Jem movie. There aren't enough fangirls to carry a Jem film among the GA, I don't think. Women seem to be less nostalgic about their favorite shows than men are.

If any studio made a live-action Jem film they would aim it at the tween demographic (just like the animated series was) and cast accordingly.

Exactly.

Camp Candy was from the 90's. And that wouldn't work, because John Candy is dead.

Dude, I was joking. I don't care about those cartoons.

Also, Camp Candy did premier in 1989, so its eligible for inclusion in this discussion.

They made Garfield, so they should make Heathcliff with those other cats, that pimp Riff Raff.

A few things...

Matt Tracker, leader of M.A.S.K. has been released as a GI Joe figure. That tells me that while there is some nostalgia, the powers that be dont see enough to warrant its own franchise of any kind.

Silverhawks was Thundercats with wings...its worthless.

Josie And The Pussycats was an awesome film. I would want Jem to follow that same path of "no, we arent even remotely being serious about this being good".

Centurions might be cool...and of course, Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos

One things for sure, kids nowadays dont know what the've missed.The concepts seen in 80's cartoons were so much better, diverse, fun and cooler than now. :hehe:

Agreed. I blame it on the gradual *****fying of society.:o

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hd02MWQMQrU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hd02MWQMQrU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Mobile Suit Gundam!!!:grin:

Thundarr The Barbarian

Dungeons & Dragons

Blue Falcon & Dynomutt

The Herculoids

Spaceghost

Captain Planet (but only if the villain is one of the ones who pollutes for profit like that Hog character, not just for the hell of it like Dr. Blight)

Johnny Quest

He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe (make it more like a cross between the 2000 reboot and the minicomics that came with the action figures).

Rocket Robin Hood (the cartoon itself was crap, but it could be the basis of a good movie).

Jem might be worth watching just to see hot chicks in short skirts.

Greg Wiseman told me about his and other Disney peoples attempts to bring a live action Gargoyles to life.

How long ago was this? I really, really hope it comes to fruition. I watch Gargoyles every night on Disney XD. Goliath, Eliza, Bronx, and Angela just returned home from the quests that Avalon has sent them on. I don't know if this is at the tail end (excuse the pun) of the series or not.

Last edited:
How long ago was this? I really, really hope it comes to fruition. I watch Gargoyles every night on Disney XD. Goliath, Eliza, Bronx, and Angela just returned home from the quests that Avalon has sent them on. I don't know if this is at the tail end (excuse the pun) of the series or not.

I believe it was. If I recall correctly, Goliath was completely unaware of Angela's existance until Season 2. Anyways, I agree that there should be a live action Gargoyles movie made.

A few things...

Matt Tracker, leader of M.A.S.K. has been released as a GI Joe figure. That tells me that while there is some nostalgia, the powers that be dont see enough to warrant its own franchise of any kind.

Silverhawks was Thundercats with wings...its worthless.

Josie And The Pussycats was an awesome film. I would want Jem to follow that same path of "no, we arent even remotely being serious about this being good".

Centurions might be cool...and of course, Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos

I've suggested Centurions before - I'm really surprised that a studio hasnt tried to piggyback on the success of Iron Man by greenlighting a Centurions live action movie.

Hero High

The Superfriends

Plastic Man

Shazaam

Mighty Orbots

Mighty Max

And I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again...

THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"