82 Year Old Woman Discovered to Be Carrying 40 Year Old Fetus

redhawk23

Wrestlin'
Reaction score
An 82-year-old Colombian woman has been unknowingly carrying a fetus inside her abdomen for 40 years, reported NTD Television.

Doctors initially thought her stomach pain was due to a bug, but scans revealed that she suffered from a very rare condition in which a woman carries a lithopedion, or a “stone baby.” A lithopedion occurs when an unborn child develops outside the womb.

The Colombian woman’s fetus developed in her abdomen, which is not a “viable place” for it to grow. She will now undergo a surgery to remove the lithopedion.

A calcified fetus that was removed from 92-year-old Chinese woman, Huang Yijun. fairfaxunderground.com

Dr. Kemer Ramirez of Bogota’s Tunjuelito Hospital first suspected the woman had gallstones, but scans showed a tumor in her abdomen. He told NTD, “This happens because the fetus does not develop in the uterus because it has moved to another place.” He explained that the body generated defense mechanisms and “calcified” the fetus.

Basically, the fetus gets to an advanced stage and when it is too large for the woman’s body to absorb it, the remains of the unborn child turn to stone to protect her body from being infected by its decomposing tissue, explained this NBC News report. However, without other complications, a woman can live a normal life as her body doesn’t recognize the stone baby as a foreign mass.

Huang Yijun, the Chinese woman who had been carrying a stone baby for nearly 60 years. youtube.com

Lithopedions are extremely rare; less than 300 cases have been recorded. The most recent case was that of a 92-year-old Chinese woman who was found to be carrying a 60-year-old stone baby in 2009.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/an-82-year-old-woman-is-carrying-a-40-year-old-fetus-inside

Last edited:
Talk about kids never moving out of the house.

This whole story...

tumblr_lrddkuDuCO1r2aruco1_400.gif

Why would they have to remove it if it's been there for forty years without issue? I get that she might want to.

Human body is facinating, that's all I can say about this story.

I've never heard of anything like this in my life. Its shocking, to say the least.

It's really not that much weirder than those people who have an unborn twin inside them.

Still freaky though.

Why would they have to remove it if it's been there for forty years without issue? I get that she might want to.

She was starting to have pains. They thought it was gall stones then the scans revealed it was something else.

^This is exactly the kind of **** Capaldi's Doctor should look into.

I'm sure Lionsgate Films is already greenlighting Child Of Stone as we speak.

Must have missed that part.

This has SYFY channel written all over it.

Can we get a franchise out of it?

Pfft. That's easy.

It starts with the stone baby coming out of her. They put in on a tray and leave it out for while they do other things. Turns out it was still alive and just needed air contact to wake it. It goes after it's mother, after that, it goes after the father. We'd need the parents to be between 25-40 for it to work. The father manages to stop it and everyone thinks it's dead but it doesn the big zoom in on the eyes at the end as they open.

Sequel starts between 10 - 20 years later. It's grown to full size and the father has kids. It kills the father and goes for its 'siblings'. Sequels continue until reboot of franchise.

It's kind of like Childs Play meets Halloween.

Stephen King wrote a book on it. The Dark Half.

It was based on the life of Andy Garcia. :oldrazz: :word:

Never heard of that, either.

Don't look it up unless you have a strong stomach.

It happens when one of the twin fetuses dies, and doesn't continue to develop while the other does. The surviving fetus then absorbs the dead twin.

Don't look it up unless you have a strong stomach.

It happens when one of the twin fetuses dies, and doesn't continue to develop while the other does. The surviving fetus then absorbs the dead twin.
Thus gaining its strength. They then would have the strength of a grown man AND a baby.

(Oh, Dwight.)

I thought that was just an urban myth like spontaneous combustion for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"