A big reason why I think we will get Welling in the suit next year

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
Think about it, with Superman Returns coming out in June, Warner Brothers will have debuted there new Superman actor to the world!!! There cash cow will have arrived!!!

With that out of the way and a new Superman established, Welling can't harm the film by being in costume and confusing general fans. Everything should be free game after the movie comes out, so creativity can be jacked up as well!!!

I agree in a perfect world that would be true but to be honest we may never see him in the outfit.

You do realize the SR marketing continues way past Summer 06. Theres the DVD, the hugeass Superman Returns video game, the Animated releases (which could fold into an animated series, like MTVs Spiderman did..if the movie is popular enough).

Plus, putting Welling in the suit would end 'Smallville.' I wouldnt want Smallville to end on a cliffhanger like 'Vessel' and it looks like CW is renewing 'Smallville' as well.......not making a new Superman series.

God damnit putting Welling in the suit wouldn't "end" anything!!!!

It's set up perfectly for Clark to return as Superman and save a world in chaos!! Name one better mother f-ing way for Clark to become Superman, hmmm, saving a crashing helicopter!!!

Saving a crashing helicopter, or saving the world from destroying itself, can't decide, hmmmm, this is a toughy, hmmmm, SAVING THE F-ING WORLD FROM DESTROYING ITSELF!!!!!

while I agree that it looks like he's gonna have to come back in the suit....I just dont see it happening...we'll probably get Johnathan Kent's spirit releasing Clark and somehow gets Zod out of Lex's body and the process will make Lex forget Clark's powers

It makes it look like hes gonna return in the suit during every cliffhanger....thats why Im tired of people actually believing so.

Especially in season 3, when Jor-El said he was remaking him into something big, he would be reborn.....practically everyone jumped on the 'Hes coming back as Superman' wagon.

lionel saves CHloe bc she knows how to get to the FOS, they go there. jor-el activates in lionel, making him lion-el. lion-el accesses the phantom zone, brings clark back.

somehow, Zod sensing Jor-el in lionel will turn his attention to him. fight. zod kills lionel, just as clark returns, chloe uses the krypto-knife to cut open the phantom zone, releases clark. fight ensues.
clark, stabs lex with the knife, splintering out zod.
chloe picks up the bracelet, at jor-els command and hurls it sealing zod in the phantom zone. lex, is unconcious and they return to sv.
mandatory mindwipeness, so now lex doesnt know about FOS, (since hewas unconcious)

If Clark still acts the way he does next season...there is no way he is worthy of wearing that suit. He has to grow a hell of a lot more before he gets to wear the cape.

yea, he kinda almost needs to be superboy first..............lol

I think he'll become supes in the last episode of Smallville, whenever that may be.

well, they have gone three seasons so far, the only reason we watch is because we know what he will become.
they are making TONS of money off of teasing us, why would the end it?

venom420 said:
God damnit putting Welling in the suit wouldn't "end" anything!!!!

It's set up perfectly for Clark to return as Superman and save a world in chaos!! Name one better mother f-ing way for Clark to become Superman, hmmm, saving a crashing helicopter!!!

Saving a crashing helicopter, or saving the world from destroying itself, can't decide, hmmmm, this is a toughy, hmmmm, SAVING THE F-ING WORLD FROM DESTROYING ITSELF!!!!!

Kane said:
You're nuts.

He might be nuts but he's also right... They did the perfect setup for him to return (pun intended) as Superman... So yea this Summer Superman may Return to the movies but next season off Smallville if done right Superman could finally actually ARRIVE!

But with that said I also doubt that we will see Welling as Superman in the suit until the last few episodes of the series itself.

The WB wouldnt risk putting him in the suit, and risk confusing people even more on who is this gens Superman... Also if this movie SR tanks at the box office, and we still havent seen Welling in the suit well you have a perfect way to Spin off this show, and make Superman movies in the future but without having to use BJR... Because lets be honest if this movie is a turky BJR, and Bryan are the one's who are going to be taking all the blame, and believe me they wont be asked back if this movie tanks... Doesnt matter how many pictures they are signed to they wont come back.

So yea I don't think Welling will wear the suit until its almost over, and honestly if the ratings are good this show could go til Season 8 or 9, and who knows if the Ratings stay strong maybe 10!

I think we would all like to see Clark working at the Daily Planet with Chloe, and Lois! That would be cool! :):up:

heh anyone else notice how Clark has no guy friends anymore on the show?? Its just him, and his chick friends... They even took away his DAD!

They should have Cyborg on the show more lol Clark needs have a homeboy to hang out wit, and since Pete left, and Lex & Clark are ment to hate each other, and already do they need to have someone else in there as his friend.

lol sorry just a random thought I had while watching the Finale... :p

I'm thinking the only way we'll see Welling in, with, or near the suit next season is if it happens to be the last season, and I am convinced it wouldn't happen until the finale. And at this point...I don't know, I used to think they'd make it to six seasons at most and end, and, let's be honest, it's still a possibility...BUT, at this point, I could see them going into a seventh. Hopefully they'd still have crap to be doing then.

Zorex_519 said:
I'm thinking the only way we'll see Welling in, with, or near the suit next season is if it happens to be the last season, and I am convinced it wouldn't happen until the finale. And at this point...I don't know, I used to think they'd make it to six seasons at most and end, and, let's be honest, it's still a possibility...BUT, at this point, I could see them going into a seventh. Hopefully they'd still have crap to be doing then.

If I remember correctly they got a 2 year contract extension so 7 seasons is almost a lock.

Though I think the suit wont be around for a whole season unless the show turns into something else. (This is where someone always says yes I think it should turn into Metropolis). I just dont see the actors wanting to stick around that long but who knows if CW/WB/CBS comes up with $omething they might con$ider it.

The Incredible Hulk said:
5 year contract with an option for season 6 and an option for season 7.

I thought they took both options though.

The day we see him in the suit will be the day Smallville ends its run.

I'm ready to end this puppy. 6 years is a very good run.....Let's end this on a high note though. :up:

NHawk19 said:
I thought they took both options though.

technically they havent taken any of them yet (as far as we know), but they'll only take them one at a time, depending on things like ratings, etc. If they pick up the option and the show gets cancelled, they;d have to pay the cast...

I am a big Smallville fan and I believe he will be in the suit in the last episode. Now flying on the other hand.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"