Classic Movie Battle Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodyWolverine

Superhero
Reaction score
I could not help myself with all this talk about classic movies. I decided maybe the classic movies deserved a Movie Tournament as well. My current Movie Battle is kinda ment for more modern era of films no earlier then 1979.
So i will split the two tournaments. My regular Movie battle one will do modern films and this one will do the Classic movies. I know there is talk of gigantic movie battle tournament the 1024. And feel free to do so for a good competiton but but i think splitting classic films into one tournament and more modern films lets say obove 1980 would be easier to vote on.
If anyone feels i should close this and let the 1024 go then i'll do so. But i honestly have been wanting to give the Classic films justice.
Kinda ever since i decided to do the Director Tournament.
Give me a few moments to post the pics please.
Thank you to everyone who votes on my tournaments. There great fun for me.

Round One Battle 1.

Lawrence Of Arabia.

lawrenceofarabiacx9.jpg

V/S.

Ben Hur.

benhuruy6.jpg

Great Battle ... I love Ben-Hur, especially the truely epic aspect ratio 2.76, only one of three films to be filmed in this extra wide screen format. However I've only seen it once and it didn't stick to me all together that much(I'll need to see watch it again)... Now Lawerence of Arabia, I've watched at least 4 times if not 5, I love it a little bit more every time I see it, the film is just so epic in scope while at the same time is so strong in it's characterizations, Lawerence is one of most tragic characters to grace the silver screen.

So my vote goes to Lawerence...

I sat in front of a tv for four hours, without getting up, not eating, just to watch Ben-Hur.

I'll never regret it.

I take you are voting Ben Hur

I vote Ben Hur Bye the way love Kurt Douglas

Never seen LOA, so I guess Ben-Hur

Ben-Hur...this should be as a process of elimination,to see what classic films reigns the best here on SHH.

I'm a godzilla fan more so than king kong so: GODZILLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"