A Game of Thrones Videogames Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Game of Thrones has been incredibly well-received as a television show, but its foray into gaming earlier this year was met with considerably less enthusiasm. Despite mixed reviews for A Game of Thrones: Genesis, the franchise is set to continue its expansion into video games with several new titles coming in 2012.

According to USA Today, three new games based on Game of Thrones are currently in development. The first is an RPG from developer Cyanide, the same studio that created A Game of Thrones: Genesis. The RPG is set to be published by Atlus and will be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. It will be based on an original story by author George R.R. Martin and will be produced in collaboration with HBO to parallel the television series.

Meanwhile, Bigpoint, the developer of Battlestar Galactica Online, is developing a free-to-play Game of Thrones MMORPG. Separately, a social networking game based on Game of Thrones is also in the works, though a developer has yet to be revealed.

All three games will be released in 2012, and few other details are available. Season two of the Game of Thrones television series is currently in production and will begin airing next year. For a guide to all of the new faces, be sure to see our season two character guide.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1211960p1.html

Never watched the show. Im not a fan of that little guy they have on there.

You are missing what is in my opinion one of the best shows on television. id really check it out bc it would surprise you

Anyways, Im glad its getting games bc I think it could be adapted well if done right. I picture an Oblivion style game being the perfect way to go with this

Much better than the SNES version, in my opinion!
The SNES version rocked!

[YT]hftnySHVnF0[/YT]

That clips contains spoilers for those who havent watched the series

Looking forward to the upcoming RPG game based on the show, giving us the choice of playing two new characters isn't what I hoped (custom character ftw) but I'm a huge ASOIAF fan so there's no doubt I'll at least check it out. Haven't bother with the PC RTS game Genesis. Not that I don't like RTS but it doesn't look good.

You are missing what is in my opinion one of the best shows on television. id really check it out bc it would surprise you

Haha i was joking, i mean i still haven't seen the show, but thats just because i dont have regular access to it. Myabe they'll put it on Netflix?

I don't think HBO puts their shows on Netflix.

Yeah, that was HBO. I don't think The Sopranos was on there when I had Netflix though, but they could have very well added it since then.

Going by the advertising, I wasn't liking him either.

After watching the show...he's one of the great characters they have, I think. I grew to like him as the show went on.

I am interested in the RPG console game, solely because of how great the first season was. I'd prefer to play as a House of Stark character. Been thinking about getting into the books, since I hear it's translated so well to tv screen.

I'm skeptical it'd work as well to videogames. But, **** it. I'll give it a shot if it looks decent.

A Game of Thrones: RPG comes out tomorrow. Anybody planning on picking it up?

I'll be busy with Max Payne 3 for awhile so no, but if it gets good reviews perhaps later down the line. It seems to play similar to Dragon Age: Origins so hopefully it'll be as good.

Going by the advertising, I wasn't liking him either.

After watching the show...he's one of the great characters they have, I think. I grew to like him as the show went on.

I am interested in the RPG console game, solely because of how great the first season was. I'd prefer to play as a House of Stark character. Been thinking about getting into the books, since I hear it's translated so well to tv screen.

I'm skeptical it'd work as well to videogames. But, **** it. I'll give it a shot if it looks decent.

I'll admit that I have a slight phobia towards little people - I really don't know what it is, but its an issue for me. I say that so there is some context for the following: Tyrion is the single best character in A Game of Thrones and he is written and played so incredibly well. The guy playing him does such an amazing job.

I keep hearing about this RPG and considering the fact that I'm in love with A Game of Thrones in basically every imaginable way (My Skyrim character is named Stark) only makes me want it more, but they've showed little to nothing of it. I'll have to check it out, but I'm really interested. If anyone here picks it up, can you post your impressions?

Is this out tomorrow ? Heard it was delayed. But all sites still say the 15th

Is this out tomorrow ? Heard it was delayed. But all sites still say the 15th

In just did some video surfing on youtube about the game and videos put out by the publisher (Atlus) as of the 11th still said the 15th, so yes, it comes out tomorrow. They actually released more footage than I thought, they just never advertised any of it. The combat is a little disappointing, for me personally. It's very much like Dragon Age: Origins combat, which is fine, but I much prefer typical action game combat myself. Either way, if the reviews are good, (nothing less than an 8) then I'll pick this up in the near future.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the combat system. And not creating your own character. I'll have to see how the reviews turn out.

I'll buy it. If only for the story, but **** me I'm disappointed at the mediocrity. :csad:

Dissapointed but not surrpised. I havent seen a thing about this game till this past weekend. Considering how hot this IP is right now, you'd think the gaming press would jump all over it but its been ignored, most likely bc it suckedand wasnt worth the time and effort covering it. Or the developers knew it wasnt shaping well so they didnt want to share it. Still a shame especially since its been in the works for 7 years. I wish a different studio like Bethesda got this. Skyrim felt very reminiscient of how Id imagine a GoT game to be in many ways.

The reviews seem to indicate that the story is REALLY good. The thing is, everything else is a mess. I may buy it when it is in the bargain bin in 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"