A little Help/Input. Guy, do you use a Straight Razor/Blade?

BAH HUMBBUG!

There's an invisible man
Reaction score
Hey fellas, well females can reply with their input if they have any on this topic. I have been thinking about getting a straight razor for sometime now. I have a pretty thick beard and go through roughly a blade every 2 weeks, sometimes more sometimes less. Each blade is roughly $2 a piece and it costs me around $12-$20+ for a pack.

So I figure at $20 a month just on blades I should switch to a straight razor. I was wondering if any guys here use them and if so how do you like them? do you still use them? Did you give up pretty fast on them? How did you notice the shave was in terms of how close?

The only website I really found that sells straight razors is here...

http://www.theartofshaving.com/taos6/group.php?group=10&cat=3

Does anyone know of any other? Where did you guys get your straight razors from? The prices there seem kind of high to me. But if I am spending $200 plus a year on blades it seems like a good investment.

What's the upkeep on them like? Keeping them sharp. How durable are they?

Thanks for any help :D Bah!

They dont call em` cut throats for nothing ;)

I know guys who do the straight razor and they love it. The shave is incredibly close when you're good at it. My ex-boyfriend got shaved at the barber shop once while we were together and I almost asked him to switch over.

I understand the cost of razors... women shave too just... other stuff. Go for it, I think. It could totally be a good investment.

I use a Gillette Sensor blade.

I know guys who do the straight razor and they love it. The shave is incredibly close when you're good at it. My ex-boyfriend got shaved at the barber shop once while we were together and I almost asked him to switch over.

I understand the cost of razors... women shave too just... other stuff. Go for it, I think. It could totally be a good investment.

So far you've been the only one helpful. Thanks Babs :up:

I use a Gillette Sensor blade.

Yeah I use the Mach 3 sensor right now and it's nice, but I really only get 2-3 really good shaves out of it before it drastically start to lose it's close cutting appeal.

I figure after 6-12 months a good priced well made straight razor will pay for itself.

Do you have a beard trimmer to cut down on excess hair b/f you shave? Do you keep anything on your face? Longer sideburns? Goatee?

You better have a keen eye and a steady hand if you want to venture into that territory...best of luck :up:

Report back to us on your status if you choose the straight razor.

Do you have a beard trimmer to cut down on excess hair b/f you shave? Do you keep anything on your face? Longer sideburns? Goatee?

You better have a keen eye and a steady hand if you want to venture into that territory...best of luck :up:

Report back to us on your status if you choose the straight razor.

On occasion I will grow out my facial hair more than a stubble, but that's only usually during the winter and because I don't like shaving all the time with my razor blades because they get dull but I don't like to use a fresh one so often.

I do have a trimmer that I use when I need to before I shave. No Goatee, semi long to long side burns at times. But I also shave my whole head, so when I do that there go the side burns.

Bump, a little help guys? Seriously no one here uses a straight razor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"