• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

A Discussion on Self Harm.

For anybody that has self harmed, are there any tips for getting rid of scars? I use bio oil but mine are boderline deep and I have to wear long sleeves all the time. I just want them to go.

I have used nivea skin restore ( small dark blue bottle) for 10 years and they have faded some but they are still noticeable. I used to wear long sleeves all the time but about 5 years ago I said f*** it and now I just own it, if someone asks I tell the truth and I'm confident in my response. It was a part of me that is now past, and a scarred up left forearm is a lot better than being dead.

Yeah, scar tissue isn't likely to fade (unless it's a shallow pink scar) unless you have a surgical treatment.

I have used nivea skin restore ( small dark blue bottle) for 10 years and they have faded some but they are still noticeable. I used to wear long sleeves all the time but about 5 years ago I said f*** it and now I just own it, if someone asks I tell the truth and I'm confident in my response. It was a part of me that is now past, and a scarred up left forearm is a lot better than being dead.
Bad A! You rock!
Yeah, scar tissue isn't likely to fade (unless it's a shallow pink scar) unless you have a surgical treatment.

Unfortunately this is true.:csad: But scars are just proof you survived something. Chicks dig scars anyways.:oldrazz:

Cutting across is for attention. You're doing it wrong.

^Wow. Just wow. Attention seeking comes in various forms then it seems.

Cutting across is for attention. You're doing it wrong.

Mr. Hostile Contrarian, being a wise ass about attention-seekers.

user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg

Looking for a rise are we? :funny:

No. I have zero pity for people who resort to self harm. They do their family and loved ones more harm than their short sighted attention pity grabs or self gratification attempts. Zero.

No. I have zero pity for people who resort to self harm. They do their family and loved ones more harm than their short sighted attention pity grabs or self gratification attempts. Zero.

People who self harm need help. Have bad coping methods. Sometimes it's easier to hurt yourself.

Definitely. What they lack is foresight on how it affects others and for that they are selfish. I have zero pity for those people. The empathy is for their loved ones.

People who self harm need help. Have bad coping methods. Sometimes it's easier to hurt yourself.

I will say this. Bad coping methods is not an excuse. I certainly hope that anyone who has inflicted harm on themselves is aware of that. Trust me, I can empathize with people who feel the compulsion to harm themselves. Depression, dysthymia, (etc.) are mad motherf***ers. However, at the end of the day, it's stupid. There are always alternatives.

Like chaseter said, utilize foresight. If one needs help, get help. Swallow your pride and seek it out because rarely is somebody going to just sense that you want help and hand it out. It's even worse when people adopt a "me against the world" attitude. Be humble and acknowledge it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"