A Modern League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Years ago, like 2002 maybe, WIZARD mag had a little sidebar where they'd put together their own modern League based on Hollywood movies.
There were 6 or 7 guys; the only ones I can remember were Hannibal Lecter, Sarah Conner, Jack Ryan (Baldwin of course), John MacLane (I think), and John Rambo. An 80-year-old Indiana Jones would be the boss, and the group's mission was to track down James Bond, who had apparently snapped and gone rogue.

Anyway, I'm working on a fanfiction of sorts that features Blade, Frank Martin (from Transporter), El Mariachi (from Desperado), Ash (from Evil Dead), Alice (from Resident Evil), Snake Plissken, Max (from "Dark Angel), Miho (from Sin City), Riddick, and King Kong. The story is that these 10 disperate heroes have survived the apocalypse, and now they have to find the girl from Pan's Labyrinth and restore her to the throne of Hell to save the world.

Years ago, like 2002 maybe, WIZARD mag had a little sidebar where they'd put together their own modern League based on Hollywood movies.
There were 6 or 7 guys; the only ones I can remember were Hannibal Lecter, Sarah Conner, Jack Ryan (Baldwin of course), John MacLane (I think), and John Rambo. An 80-year-old Indiana Jones would be the boss, and the group's mission was to track down James Bond, who had apparently snapped and gone rogue.

Why of course Baldwin? Baldwin was good but i favor Ford. But w/e

I wonder if they realized that other than Indiana Jones and Sarah Conner, all those characters technically (John McLane was named Joe Leland in at least two books, one of which spawned Die Hard) originated with books

Anyway, I'm working on a fanfiction of sorts that features Blade, Frank Martin (from Transporter), El Mariachi (from Desperado), Ash (from Evil Dead), Alice (from Resident Evil), Snake Plissken, Max (from "Dark Angel), Miho (from Sin City), Riddick, and King Kong. The story is that these 10 disperate heroes have survived the apocalypse, and now they have to find the girl from Pan's Labyrinth and restore her to the throne of Hell to save the world.

I planned my own a few years ago I also included El Mariachi.

I like the idea for why they came together. I was outlining my own concept where the Crimson King from the Stephen King novels, who'slike a psychic puppetmaster, leading Project Mayhem from Fight Club to send Earth in darkness. He would also end up being the "dark passenger" to Dexter. Project Mayhem would end up destroying Project Arrowhead from the Mist unleashing all the creatures which would be the climatic ending.

Why of course Baldwin? Baldwin was good but i favor Ford. But w/e
I just remember that the mini-article heavily favored Baldwin over Ford, especially since they already had Indiana Jones in the story as well.

I like the idea for why they came together. I was outlining my own concept where the Crimson King from the Stephen King novels, who'slike a psychic puppetmaster, leading Project Mayhem from Fight Club to send Earth in darkness. He would also end up being the "dark passenger" to Dexter. Project Mayhem would end up destroying Project Arrowhead from the Mist unleashing all the creatures which would be the climatic ending.
Actually, I've been thinking about working Tyler Durden into my story as well, as sort of an agent of the apocalypse. I know he's just an alter ego, but w/e, it's fanfic!

Actually, I've been thinking about working Tyler Durden into my story as well, as sort of an agent of the apocalypse. I know he's just an alter ego, but w/e, it's fanfic!

Technically Tyler was an agent of the apoc (figuratively speaking) so that would prolly work in the same way Moore twisted the literature to his advantage :up:

I was just about to do one with Tyler Durden on the team, but it would have been after the book, and no longer needed the second persona, but still know all the demolition stuff and would be the an explosives expert

I just remembered John Shaft (Richard Roundtree) was in the group. And now I'm thinking Maclane wasn't in there.

A Modern LoEG HQ: a compound on Ilsa Sorna (Site B in Jurassic Park)

I would love to see the Bride in a modern League. Especially if you could have a Bride versus Indiana Jones/Chuck Norris battle.

How about, the League of M. Night’s Shyamalanary Gentlemen LOL

David Dunn - Bruce Willis (Unbreakable)
The unbreakable man, who can see all the wrong people have done by touch

Story- Bryce Dallas Howard (Lady in the Water)
The Queen of the Blue World

Reggie/the Guardian- Freddy Rodriguez (Lady in the Water)
The stronger armed, protector of Story

Cole Sear/Malcolm Crowe- Haley Joel Osment/Bruce Willis(The Sixth Sense)
The boy who can see the dead, and the ghost of a former psychologist (that only Cole can see)

(you can't go wrong with using two Bruce Willis characters lol)

Lucius Hunt - Joaquin Phoenix(The Village)
(Just to get a character for that movie in there)

????and umm
the villain can be.. Elijah Price/Mr. Glass - Samuel L. Jackson(Unbreakable)

and use some of the other creatures/or what not from the others movies, ghosts, Narfs, Those We Don't Speak Of, Aliens???

Just a quick sketch of what I'd like to see

Dexter/Hannibal Lecter
Jason Bourne
The Bride
Harry Potter: eh, maybe. purely for the magical factor.
Lara Croft/Indy
L from Death Note
I'd like a modern superhero, but they'd have to be toned down a lot to fit.
I think Dr. Greg House would be interesting, maybe as a cameo or behind the scenes character.

I like the ideas of Sam from TF, Ned, and John Amsterdam. Project Mayhem is tied into some scheme for a new world order or something to that effect.

Cole being followed by Malcolm, Reggie (just cause I sorta liked him), and David are good choices but I remember Story being pretty useless out of her world.

Heheheh...I just thought about the Scooby Doo gang. Maybe a few of them could show up. McClane from Die Hard would be good as well.

Tyler Durden: The idea I came up with.
David Dunn: His powers are extemely useful.
Cole and Malcolm: That would just be cool to see.
The Bride: Gotta have a badass female in the group.
Indiana Jones: Smart, and witty, and badass, can't go wrong with that.
I need someone with a vehicle, Maybe the Sky Captain

Wouldn't they be all be good guys though.

So were Captain America and Iron man and those two have found plenty of reasons to go toe to toe.

I need someone with a vehicle, Maybe the Sky Captain

Optimus Prime would be a laugh. They could all sit on his shoulders.

ben gates
buffy the vampire slayer
captain jack sparrow
neo
Sydney Bristow
V
punisher
the crow
darkman

How about, the League of M. Night’s Shyamalanary Gentlemen LOL

David Dunn - Bruce Willis (Unbreakable)
The unbreakable man, who can see all the wrong people have done by touch

Story- Bryce Dallas Howard (Lady in the Water)
The Queen of the Blue World

Reggie/the Guardian- Freddy Rodriguez (Lady in the Water)
The stronger armed, protector of Story

Cole Sear/Malcolm Crowe- Haley Joel Osment/Bruce Willis(The Sixth Sense)
The boy who can see the dead, and the ghost of a former psychologist (that only Cole can see)

(you can't go wrong with using two Bruce Willis characters lol)

Lucius Hunt - Joaquin Phoenix(The Village)
(Just to get a character for that movie in there)

????and umm
the villain can be.. Elijah Price/Mr. Glass - Samuel L. Jackson(Unbreakable)

and use some of the other creatures/or what not from the others movies, ghosts, Narfs, Those We Don't Speak Of, Aliens???

Genius, e-mail this to him now because I'd pay good money to see it. Awesome.

It'd be a laugh to see a tribe of villianous smurfs.

I wouldn't use comic stuff in it... but this would be my team...

Indiana Jones- tough, smart, resourceful, liason to the government
John McClane (Die Hard)- tough and rebellious thug
Evie Carnahan-O'Connell (The Mummy)- resident magic user
Terminator prototype- need some firepower
Doc Brown- crazy inventions
Auror Harry Potter- I want someone to take Evie's place when...

Voldemort upsets her magic, putting her in a coma with a brilliant display of magic. For some reason, Bond needs to team up with Voldy, a bit of science and magic.

This would work best as a comic series, and introduce the Isla Sorna base, the Men in Black, alternate universes (Doc Brown's inventions), etc.

Trying to stay in the spirit of what Alan Moore does and trying to stick to literary sources.

Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter following in the footsteps of Thomas Harris's ending of Hannibal, which means they're in a weird, kinky, brainwashed relationship. The "Nick and Nora Charles" of the team.

Roland, the gunslinger, on the next phase of his cycle.

Harry Potter as a young adult. Because it would be anti-climatic if his life peaked at age 18. Or perhaps Hermione if we want some gender balance.

Dave Bowman, the Starchild, because 2001 was 7 years ago. Probably not a member of the team, but certainly a guest appearance.

Rick Deckard, because the first edition of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep takes place in 1991.

M = Emma Peel

And they'd have to run across President Jack Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"