A New and Even Corpulenter Art Thread

TheCorpulent1

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
I just posted a drawing in another thread and some people asked if I had an art thread. Unfortunately, my last art thread got banished to the nether regions in the recent purge, so I've created this one. I don't know where half the stuff I posted to that previous thread is now, so I'm just gonna dump all of the junk in my Photobucket account in here. Enjoy!

The Hulk smashing, as usual.

hulk.jpg

The JSA pwning the Defenders.

defjsa.jpg

The android Hourman, in his natural state of awesome.

hourman.jpg

A somewhat awkwardly swinging Spider-Man.

spiderswing.jpg

Hercules, Sersi, and Black Panther, some underappreciated Avengers.

underav.jpg

Maximum Gluttony, my very first DTL team. For those who don't know, the Dream Team League was a really fun half-RPG/half-tournament thing started on the Hype by the posters Johnny Blaze and Thanos. I was in it for most of its four seasons, and I won... twice, I think? I can't remember exactly. The members of this particular team are (from top to bottom) Sersi, Dr. Fate, the Scarlet Witch, Artemis (the Amazon, not the goddess), Batman, Kid Flash (Bart), and Phyla-Vell, long before the events of Annihilation.

maxglut.jpg

A tribute to Excelsior, the mod here at the Fan Art forum.

extrib.jpg

One of Johnny Blaze's DTL teams. The members (clockwise, from the top) are Thanos, Fernus, Ultimate Captain America, Indigo (pre-Brainiac 8), Loki (with his Mjolnir-wannabe hammer from Oeming's "Ragnarok"), Spider-Man, and the Taskmaster (in his costume from that mini-series a while ago).

johnnyblaze.jpg

One of Mr. X's DTL teams. Members (clockwise, from top): the Hulk, Orion, Valkyrie, Animal Man, the Fury, ROM the Spaceknight, and Blue Devil (pre-Shadowpact costume).

mrx.jpg

One of Donnie Darko's DTL teams. Members (clockwise, from top): Hawkman, Wonder Woman, Morph (from the Exiles), Sabretooth, Captain Marvel (pre-Winick's crap), Starfire, and Genis-Vell (from his crazy days).

donniedarko.jpg

I'm bored of typing "clockwise, from the top," so just assume that all characters in DTL team pics are listed in that order from now on.

Hal Jordan as Parallax, which I considered his best form, with himself as the Spectre and Green Lantern in the background.

hal.jpg

darth_coolius, a poster who used to frequent these boards and post pretty impressive digitally colored drawings of mostly superheroines, asked me to draw sexy images of Wonder Woman and the Invisible Woman for him to color.

Here are my pencils for Wonder Woman...

bikiniwonder.jpg

... and the Invisible Woman.

invisible.jpg

And here are his colors for Wonder Woman...

bikiniwonderCs.jpg

... and the Invisible Woman.

sue.jpg

Lactophiliac's DTL team. Members: Thunderbird (from Exiles), Ultimate Magneto, Topaz, Mimic (from Exiles), Grace, the Ray, and Shift.

lacto.jpg

Franklin Richards' team (back when he was still masquerading as Aunt Petunia). Members: Supergirl, Mr. Fantastic, Lex Luthor, Saturn Girl, Dr. Doom, Brainiac 5, and the Human Torch.

auntpetunia.jpg

A banner for my DTL team Maximum Gluttony. We started posting these in our write-ups (scenarios we wrote to show how our team would win a match against another owner's team) to identify our teams in more eye-catching ways than just writing our team's name. They got more elaborate as time went on. This is my very first one. The members of MG at this point were (left to right): Vixen, Dr. Fate, the Vision (from Exiles' Weapon X team), Sersi, the Black Knight, Aquaman, and Spider-X (a pretty screwy magically powered Spider-Man wannabe).

mgbanner.jpg

Gambit8370, a hilariously angry poster, was so incensed by Bendis' Avengers: Disassembled arc--and Hawkeye's death therein in particular--that he commissioned a contest for people to draw Bendis getting his comeuppance for it. I came up with this little scenario, which isn't drawn particularly well because it was rushed, but which Gambit liked enough to name me the winner and give me the prize: a Hawkeye Marvel Legends figure. It still proudly graces a shelf in my room. :)

hawkeyebendis.jpg

A quick sketch of Gert and Old Lace from Runaways that I drew.

gertlace.jpg

Very good stuff Corp!
Ya gotta practice inking man! I want to see what ya can do. Use some tracing paper so you don't ruin the originals.

Walter West, the much more powerful Flash of an alternate dimension, pretty much humiliating Devilance the Pursuer. This was inspired by a DTL match I had against XFanTim, I think.

flashvsdev.jpg

The last incarnation of the Linda Danvers/Matrix version of Supergirl, who is far superior than the obnoxious current Supergirl in my opinion.

supergirl.jpg

Someone asked me to draw a picture of Hawkman and Hawkgirl in a loving embrace for an RPG arc they were writing. I want to say Darthphere, but I don't remember if it was him.

hawks.jpg

Another banner I made for the DTL, this time for my new season 2 team, the Mystic Creampuffs. Members (from left to right): Aquaman, Batgirl, the android Hourman, King Thor, Proctor (an alternate universe version of the Black Knight), Sersi, Giant-Man (from Avengers Forever), Thena, Despero, and the Walter West Flash.

mcbanner.jpg

The roster I fielded for the championship match in season 2 of the DTL (which I won, natch ;)). The members were, clockwise, from top to bottom, the android Hourman, King Thor, Aquaman, Batgirl, and Proctor.

champs.jpg

You still rock the boat Corp. Especially like that Hourman you made.

I basically copied the cover of Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1 #361 because I liked Mark Bagley's art a lot. I think someone actually asked me to do this, but I can't recall who. I'll put a pic of the actual cover next to it for you to compare.

77906321824.361.gif
asm361.jpg

I changed my team's name a lot in the third season of the DTL, and I made a new banner each time I did. Here's one for the period they were the Low-Rent Avengers. Members: Libra (from Avengers Forever), Traci Thirteen, the android Hourman, Thor, the Black Knight, Sersi, Giant-Man (from Avengers Forever), the new Vision (from Young Avengers), Brainiac 8, and the Flash (Walter West).

lrabanner.jpg

Probably my worst team name from the DTL. For some reason, I really felt the need for my team name to be a pun of "PMS." Anyway, the members were Amethyst (when she was a Lord of Order), Venom (from Earth/Universe/Paradise X), Ambrose Chase (from Planetary), Goliath (Hank Pym from late in Busiek's Avengers run), Hadrian (a.k.a. Spartan of the Wildcats), the Black Knight, Sersi, Thor, Byakko (a Superman villain who only appeared once or twice, as far as I know), and the Flash (Walter West).

pmsbanner.jpg

I lost season 3 of the DTL to XFanTim. I made it all the way to the championship, but he went pretty crazy on his final write-up and made this whole Choose Your Own Adventure-style thing. It was damn good, I'll admit. I promised I'd draw the winning team, so here's his team. Members: the Atom (from DC One Million), Dr. Doom (with the Power Cosmic), another Atom, another Atom, Paragon (Silver Age JLA villain), another Atom, Shadowoman, and Zeitgeist. The Atom from DC's One Million event could split himself into duplicates while retaining a static total mass (more bodies = smaller bodies, basically), so that's why there are so many of him.

s3champs.jpg

There was a project called Refresh here on the Hype's Fan Art forum. Basically, the idea was to redesign DC (and, later, Marvel) characters however you wanted. Here's my Refresh Robin.

refreshrobin.jpg

I mixed and matched some elements of Thor's various costumes to make this new(ish) costume.

thormix.jpg

My Refresh Flash.

refreshflash.jpg

I changed my DTL team's name again, this time to The Incorrigible Punkasses. Members: the Skrullian Skymaster, Loki (from "The Reigning"), Ambrose Chase, the Black Knight, Thor (as a herald of Galactus), Hadrian (from Wildcats v3.0), Silent Majority, the android Hourman, Byakko, and the Flash (Walter West).

ipbanner.jpg

I took a stab at making a new banner design for each match roster. The way the DTL worked by this time was that you could have ten team members, but you could only field five in each match. My banners were all for my whole team. This was my attempt at making a banner for just the five-man field team. It's kind of boring and monochromatic, and I don't think I ever actually used it.

banner2.jpg

Roy Harper in a costume designed by someone else. Can't remember who now, unfortunately, or I'd credit him/her.

glroy.jpg

A sidekick I created for the Black Knight. He was going to be Dane's cousin by way of Nathan Garrett and an Iranian woman, which is why he has some Persian influence to his costume. I called him the Savaran, but I wasn't entirely sure about that name. He was a mutant with the ability to turn his body into whatever he touched, but his powers activated when he touched the highly potent and magical Ebony Blade, which shorted his power out and basically only allowed him to transform into the Blade's material. The shamshir he wields was a gift from Dane, after Dane agreed to train him.

ebonsavaran.jpg

Danny Rand, a.k.a. Iron Fist.

dfpencil.jpg

Another Thor armor I designed. This one was for bkhedr, who requested a darker looking Thor for an RPG arc he was doing.

bkhedrthor.jpg

Another drawing of bkhedr's Thor armor.

bkthor2.jpg

My variant on the new Thor costume for the JMS/Coipel series, and the reason I started this thread.

newThor.jpg

Good stuff Corp, very nice shading. :up:

Great stuff all around. The Spider-Man was especially muy bueno!

Wow-sincerely, just gotta love the great quantity of drawings you posted! They're very good. One criticism- perhaps you should practise more with movement. I dunno if it's because they need inking and/or colouring, but some they seem a bit static. Even so, some good quality with muscles

Damn Corp back with a vengance:up: I always loved your art it's so clean and recognizable. Each person looks different and unique. Who is this Black Knight (proctor?) alternate guy he looks really cool?

Also your refresh stuff was the best!

Holy craps, this is one amazing thread. Awesome work man :up:

Damn Corp back with a vengance:up: I always loved your art it's so clean and recognizable. Each person looks different and unique. Who is this Black Knight (proctor?) alternate guy he looks really cool?
Proctor was the Black Knight of an alternate universe where Sersi left him and he turned evil as a result. He made it his mission to kill Sersi in every dimension he could find one. Usually she was allied with the Avengers, so he basically wound up killing lots of Avengers, too. He was more powerful than our Black Knight because he allowed the gann'josin (the bond Eternals like Sersi can make with others they love) to transform him into a kind of Eternal/human hybrid, and he let himself be tainted by the blood curse of his Ebony Blade.

The whole story is on Wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sersi#Black_Knight.27s_Love_and_Proctor.27s_Evil

Man, this stuff is unbelievably sweet. All great work, Corp:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"