A Plague Tale: Requiem

Asobo make this and Flight Simulator. There’s been some rumours that Microsoft may be interested in buying them.

Asobo make this and Flight Simulator. There’s been some rumours that Microsoft may be interested in buying them.
It’d be a really good purchase. Everyone complains that Microsoft lacks Sony type exclusives, and A Plague Tale felt like a Sony game to me. I truly believe that Asobo is on the verge of greatness as a studio.

It’d be a really good purchase. Everyone complains that Microsoft lacks Sony type exclusives, and A Plague Tale felt like a Sony game to me. I truly believe that Asobo is on the verge of greatness as a studio.
It did feel like a PlayStation only game to me. Its kinda on par with Sony's first party action-adventure games. So I won't be happy if this studio is bought by XboX.

I'm surprised this hasn't already been optioned for a tv show or movie. Especially with HBO producing Last of Us.

I'm surprised this hasn't already been optioned for a tv show or movie. Especially with HBO producing Last of Us.
I think its just not popular outside of the casual gamers.

But I loved the first game. I hope the 2nd one is better. Like everything else, this is a wait til its half its original price. So the sooner is out, the sooner it goes on sale.

Review embargo lifts later this afternoon.

They better not kill Amicia or Hugo. :argh:

The OpenCritic score is about the same as the first game so that's good. At $50 USD for 15-20 hours, I'm tempted to get this to support the developer.

Though, I'm reading some user reviews on Steam and it seems to be a visual heavy hitter (possibly unoptimized?) so I might try this on Game Pass first to see how well my PC handles this.

Pretty bummed to load this up and realise it's only 30fps.

I don't tend to use 60fps settings because I prefer using the more visually-focused settings, but the fact this game can do neither 60fps or proper 4K is a shame for a next gen exclusive, instead 30fps at apparently 1440p. Made a bit worse by the fact I encountered so many frame rate drops across my two playthroughs. I played Cyberpunk at launch and it felt more stable than this. It's a small team, so I give them a break, but it is a technically rough one. The other big issue I think it suffers from is the animation is a bit stiff. It feels at odds with the very realistic graphics.

Thankfully, I thought it was good outside of those issues. Some interesting story directions, gorgeous environments, still love the main two, Hugo is endearing as ever. Shame about the tech issues though as they can distract from the experience.

I've only gotten to around chapter 4 I think (haven't been able to play in a week) but so far it hasn't been bad. Definitely noticed glitches here and there but I am not all that concerned about the frame rate being capped at 30. I have been playing games for so long that I can still appreciate the effort, even if they can't hit the high marks.

I don't tend to use 60fps settings because I prefer using the more visually-focused settings, but the fact this game can do neither 60fps or proper 4K is a shame for a next gen exclusive, instead 30fps at apparently 1440p. Made a bit worse by the fact I encountered so many frame rate drops across my two playthroughs. I played Cyberpunk at launch and it felt more stable than this. It's a small team, so I give them a break, but it is a technically rough one. The other big issue I think it suffers from is the animation is a bit stiff. It feels at odds with the very realistic graphics.

Thankfully, I thought it was good outside of those issues. Some interesting story directions, gorgeous environments, still love the main two, Hugo is endearing as ever. Shame about the tech issues though as they can distract from the experience.
I also always go for visual settings above FPS for single player games. I haven’t started this yet, but dropping frames regularly at 30fps and 1440p sounds a bit disappointing. I’m sure I’ll enjoy the game a lot regardless, but a shame massively talented studios like this don’t have more resources to achieve better performance. Good to hear on story, character and environments.

I also always go for visual settings above FPS for single player games. I haven’t started this yet, but dropping frames regularly at 30fps and 1440p sounds a bit disappointing. I’m sure I’ll enjoy the game a lot regardless, but a shame massively talented studios like this don’t have more resources to achieve better performance. Good to hear on story, character and environments.
I'd still recommend it. Well, kind of recommend it. Mostly. It's great, but also it's so often oppressively somber and depressing and it's effective and intentional and well done, but you know... it feels like one you have to be in the right headspace for.

I'd still recommend it. Well, kind of recommend it. Mostly. It's great, but also it's so often oppressively somber and depressing and it's effective and intentional and well done, but you know... it feels like one you have to be in the right headspace for.

Thanks. I quite like having a game like that in between the brainless shooters & fun games like Guardians which I'm on now. Will play when I have a break and time to focus on it properly. It's on game pass so I imagine I will start within a month or 2.

I sort of forgot about this thread until now. When I finished the game the ending was quite the surprise only topped by the potenial stinger for where a third game would take place. I did notice far fewer glitches except for one where the screen totally blanked for several seconds. It only did that once fortunately.

Having to kill Hugo (or alternatively, letting Lucas do it) and the possibility of the third game taking place in 2140 or abouts if the plague follows an 800 year cycle could be exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"