A question about most, if not, all speedster's turning capabilities

Hopper99

Civilian
Reaction score
I have got to know about this. Now, most speedsters or all speedsters, like The Flash, seem to turn 90 degrees on a dime at full speed really well. The thing I want to know is this...

Would any of the DC speedsters, including The Flash, be able to make a 180 degree turn in the opposite direction on a dime at full speed as well?

I know, this is rather minor, but I am curious to know if that is okay.

I think that his aura from the Speed Force negates things like inertia, wind resistance, and kinetic energy. Therefore, he should be able to turn on a dime and even completely change directions immediately because the protective aura of the speed force would negate his inertia that would naturally pull him in the opposite direction.

Of course, the physics is ridiculous. But the in-universe logic probably permits it. That is: if Flash can do a) near-instantaneous acceleration and b) near-instantaneous deceleration, then a near-instantaneous 180° turn would just be a combination of a) and b).

:nerdy:

Of course, the physics is ridiculous. But the in-universe logic probably permits it. That is: if Flash can do a) near-instantaneous acceleration and b) near-instantaneous deceleration, then a near-instantaneous 180° turn would just be a combination of a) and b).

:nerdy:

Near instantaneous? Are you sure it is not instantaneous, as in zero time? You have me curious to know now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"