A Ray of Hope?(... for X4)

Sunstar

Child of Sun and Star
Reaction score
http://www.dose.ca/toronto/movies/story.html?s_id=eIGNdCaKAumhwgAzfQXlROlv9O7lh9z%2f GtCBOqmmfOnSREcY4Y58MA%3d%3d

The new president of Marvel Studios promises more Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Ant Man movies. (Getty Images)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Marvel Plots Future

Heather Adler

Published: Monday, August 21, 2006

Marvel's new president of production for Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige, says you can expect to see Iron Man, the Hulk and Ant-Man smashing up big screens soon.

"[We have] three directors working on upcoming movies that we're doing ourselves as an independent slate,"Feige told MTV.
“Iron Man is coming to the screen, the Hulk is coming back to the screen, and we're having a fun time with a movie called Ant-Man."

Feige also promised fans of the hugely successful Spider-Man franchise will be rewarded for their box-office dollars with more sequels.

"There will be many more Spider-Man films to come," he revealed. "We already have stacks of ideas for the next one because of the wealth of stories in the comics. We could be making Spider-Man movies for the next 20 years, based on the 50 years of Spider-Man history we have."

The young exec also told MTV he’s thrilled to be taking over for veteran comic book movie legend Avi Arad (Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Elektra) because, well, he’s a huge nerd.

"I'm the biggest geek around," Feige explained. "When I was a kid, I was like, 'Where's my Spider-Man movie? Where's my X-Men movie? Where's my Hulk movie?' Selfishly, I have to say thank goodness they waited so I could be the one to help shepherd them to the screen."

I know he only talks about more Spiderman films but do you think he might want to do anymore X-men films(other than spinoffs)! Avi Arad was more concrened about spinoffs than X4 but Feige says he's a geek so thats a bit of a plus and in the article he wanted an X-men Movie as a kid so he liked the X-men!:up:

I know some of you may say I'm clutching at straws but right now thats the only thing I can do!:(

Any good news would be good news at this point. It certainly sounds possible, but in the current atmosphere I believe the key is to take back the rights from FOX and give it to a movie-house who's willing to be a bit more X-Men friendly.

Then lets hope Kevin Feige has the guts to do that(if he feels the same way as most of the other x-men fans with regards to Fox)! But unfortunately Fox has the film rights to X-men for another couple of years so if he does it's going to be a tough battle!

They can always just let FOX keep Wolverine permanately & do whatever the hell they want with him & Marvel gets the other rights

No, but to do wolvier, they have to be able to do whole of the x-men...

The Ones said:
X-men can work without Wolverine.
Thats not what Fox thinks :(
I myself lost my hopes in the near future. Maybe X4 will come out in 6, 10, 20 years...or maybe in these 20 years we will have a second version of X3...

X-Men came out in 1964. Wolverine didn't appear until 1975. X-men did just fine without him. There are plenty of other stories to tell that don't involve Wolverine. It has been done before, it can be done again. FOX may not think it's possible without Wolverine, but Marvel would know better. If the guy is as big a comics nerd and fan as he claims he is, he could figure that out too. If FOX doesn't want to make anymore X-Men team movies, then give the rights to someone who does. If it helps bring in money, then that's a good thing and everyone wins. What could hurt?

x-men totally work without wolverine in the comics, but they set it up that the team functions around him in the movies, so it might not. had they developed characters half as much as logan it couldve worked. jean is the most developed after logan... and she is dead. rogue had the potential after x1 and then they kinda dropped her. bobby and kitty show a lot of potential but im not sure they could carry a movie. so in the movie universe i think only hardcore comic fans would pay to see a wolverine-less x-men movie

Decay said:
I don't think so...it wouldn't be the same show.

It would work just fine. Just put in Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Jean, Iceman, Gambit, Colossus, Storm, and Rogue to complete an X-Men movie.

It's not required to have Wolverine in there.

LastSunrise1981 said:
It would work just fine. Just put in Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Jean, Iceman, Gambit, Colossus, Storm, and Rogue to complete an X-Men movie.

It's not required to have Wolverine in there.

Very true!:up:

I don't want an X4. I mean, Jean, Cyclops and Professor X are all dead.

KingOfDreams said:

Didnt you wait till after the credits?

KingOfDreams said:

That's another reason why an X4 should not happen. I'd rather see a reboot made by a different studio sometime after the year 2010 (the next decade). Besides, the films Fox owned were too unfaithful to go further than 3. Don't forget, LSD just speculates when she talks about sequels.:o

Jean and Scott are dead, but Xavier is alive in someone else's body. :( damn it all. my dinner is cold. I blame it on Nip/tuck.

Prof X is alive in the comatose body being cared for by Dr. Moira at the end.

I think they could easily bring back Cyclops and Prof X isn't dead so all that leaves to be gone is Jean, Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique, and any other grubby actor that wants more and more money to be in a summer blockbuster. X4 could easily hold Beast, Angel, Cyclops, Rogue, Storm, Prof X, Pyro, Juggernaut, Collossus, Kitty, and any new guys. Introduce Sinister and Apoc and have a good four horsemen story.

depends on how much of a connection/story consistency they wanna hold to the first 2 (disregard the third) movie. Wolverine would not necessarily have to be such a huge factor in X4 but i think his presence would be a good thing. Introducing more new characters, I'm not sure how well that would go over especially since X3 was an example of how poorly it can be done...Angel, Psylocke, Juggs, Beast, Arclight, among others...there needs to be more character development and/or more relevant storylines that are actually deeper than one or two lines and a punch between characters.

Kitty got enough showtime in X3, could see her stepping it up in X4. Still waiting for Colossus to get there! lol

Most of the new players for X4 are already set now. Angel, Beast, etc...All that needs to be done is the introduction of a new villian. A good backstory for Apoc or Sinister would get the movie going great.

will be interesting how they will go about things minus jean and scott. and the professor, to an extent.

I'm a bit wary about this though. So the guy declares himself to be a fan and a nerd. But then, Rothman considers himself a geek at heart as well, and look where that got us...

People like Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson are true geeks and fans. They don't declare themselves as such, they just are. You can tell by looking at them, and by the movies they make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"