How can there be an X4?

ProfeZZor X

Master of all that is ice
Reaction score
If the sole proprietor of the Charles Xavier Institute for higher learning dies, and his star pupil and team leader dies, how can there conceivably be an X-Men 4?

I know in the comic book, Warren Worthington III takes over all financial matters of the institution, BUT how would that play in terms of the movie and a possible sequels? Two of it's leaders are gone, the government is fully aware of the institute, most mutants are policed by killer robots, Angel technically isn't an official X-Man, and hardly in a position to donate his family's money to the institute, and the senior characters (Beast, Storm, Wolverine) are not in the position to take over, and even if Magneto took Charles' place as headmaster, the existing students certainly wouldn't follow him after the whole Liberty Island and Golden Gate Bridge incidents.

And even though the Producers and Fox executives say this is not the last X-Men movie (spinoffs not included), what could they possibly come up with in a sequel to continue... Again, without the head of the institution.

Things are looking bleak for an X4...

Storm has maintained leadership of the X-Men for decades now. There is no reason why she couldn't step to the plate, especially if X3 is grooming her for that. Also, it appears that Logan is being primed as a leader too, so between the two of them and Beast as another elder, the Mansion could continue to run in Xavier's absence.

Gotta love a thread that states major spoilers in its title.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Storm has maintained leadership of the X-Men for decades now. There is no reason why she couldn't step to the plate, especially if X3 is grooming her for that. Also, it appears that Logan is being primed as a leader too, so between the two of them and Beast as another elder, the Mansion could continue to run in Xavier's absence.
Then the X-mansion would change to the W-Mansion and everything Xavier had worked so hard for would be ruined and disgraced .... Actually I'm liking this idea. ;)

Psionic Force said:
Gotta love a thread that states major spoilers in its title.

*uses eraser* not anymore

Morg said:
*uses eraser* not anymore
Morgs abusing his power!
00000022.gif

Wel, the government could fund them, or they could find third party funding from say a secret society like the Hellfire Club. It could also be somethign really boring like Xavier had a will....

I think a school run by Storm and Wolverine would make me yearn for Juggernaut to level it to the ground.

Easy, there isn't going to be one, I highly highly dooubt it. Even if the movie does well, I dont think they'll do one, Hugh said in his interview that this is meant to be the last one, along with many others.

lordofthenerds said:
Morgs abusing his power!
00000022.gif

Nah, I do know we would get some complaints about the spoiler being in the titles even though this is a spoiler forum :D

LoGaN's RuNNer said:
Easy, there isn't going to be one, I highly highly dooubt it. Even if the movie does well, I dont think they'll do one, Hugh said in his interview that this is meant to be the last one, along with many others.
But what if theres a last stand 1.5? :o

lordofthenerds said:
But what if theres a last stand 1.5? :o

X-Men: The Last Stand - Special Extended Edition

*Now with 11 minutes of added demolecularization!*

what if beast took over? And Storm becomes leader in fighting? Also, Morg who's that in ur dp? :O

Paste Pot Pete said:
X-Men: The Last Stand - Special Extended Edition

*Now with 11 minutes of added demolecularization!*
Thats meh boy!

All sorts of things could happen.

Moira McTaggert could take over, Emma Frost could take over - either of them might be the inheritors of Charles' estate.

Beast could become the resident scientist/doctor. Storm will still be there.

Perhaps an X4 would be based somewhere else - Emma Frost's school, Moira's base on Muir Island, it might be based on Genosha...

There are endless possibilities.

there is always a possibility for phoenix to rise from the ashes again... x-men vs darker phoenix part 2. lol.

great.....:( ....i stayed away from the novel spoilers to not get too spoiled. and this is what i get? this sucks. not even a spoiler tag.:mad: :down

Hugh said this is the last of the trilogy, they never said it was the last X-Men film period.

When it's mentioned last of the trilogy basically means all of their stories will come full circle. It started with X1 and it'll end with X3. Then who knows, perhaps in the future we can get a story arc involving Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister. :up:

there can be an x4 because fox want to make more money, thats all that needs to be known..for now

There's far too many places and possibilities for the storyline(s) to go for there to not be a X4.

Pending the success of X3, of course.

imaperson2 said:
great.....:( ....i stayed away from the novel spoilers to not get too spoiled. and this is what i get? this sucks. not even a spoiler tag.:mad: :down

Well this IS THE SPOILER FORUM. Not everyone uses & no one is being forced to use it in THE SPOILER FORUM. Its a risk coming here especially now

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"