A video game ICON has been MURDERED...

larryfilmmaker said:
I've never heard of the T.Rhapsody but the Mushroom Kingdom has come up a few times... I'd love to check it out. Got a link? thanks

Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

there's a bunch of other stuff on that site, but this one definitely stood out.

and here's Titanium Rhapsody.

Ehh.. Titanium Rhapsody was cute for a minute but hard to watch after that. I did think "ROTMK" was awesome... especially the first two. I was thinking "holy ****, this is exactly like our cartoon" at the beginning, but it wasn't. I think it'd be better to watch if it were just the first two episodes and the not 3 and 4 (which still had their moments). Pretty cool fanflicks tho...

LetsHangBendis said:
It's a damn shame you're a ****ty filmmaker and your crappy 16mm short will be terrible by comparison to your 15 minutes of fame that you shamelessly self promoted like a 12 year old.

well, this was written quite a long time ago... but for the record, and because I'm thrilled to say it... the film was the number one short film on iFilm.com and in the country for it's first week. Don't believe me? Look it up. "The Losers Have a Junkyard" was the title. take it easy

All I see is animosity. It was a fan made film and he just promoted it so people could see it. It's not like it was for money. For what it was, it was near perfection. Anyone who says otherwise sounds like bitter Nintendo haters to me though.

Bigtime Nintendo fan and I hated it.

i liked it, you did indeed deliverd the message you where trying to portray,
i agree with its setiments exactly, thie really isn't alot of good games out thier with alot of quality, just action & blood based games, not good storytelling.

i also watched those other two shorts & it was classic. love the theme about war & not to make assumptons based on bias oppinions.

thanks, people keep begging for a sequel but I'm sorta worried that would taint it

I said it when you first made it and I'll say it now:

It is great :up:

Pretty cool... Highly entertaining, I think some of the good vibe (and bad) hype this clip gets is because of the message... and it's correctness... and how it's reflected in the sales of the Wii vs the PS3... for gamers, these are extremely touchy subjects.

Cuz honestly, while I thought it was a very cute film with excellent dialogue, I would never chose this over Grayson, or get misty eyed, even though I knew every character on there. I think a lot of the appeal of this movie comes from the ingeinous way the message, already believed in anyway, is delivered... the actual film itself strikes me as 'pretty good' not outstanding.

The Dialogue is deep though, I have to give it up for that.

Pretty cool... Highly entertaining, I think some of the good vibe (and bad) hype this clip gets is because of the message... and it's correctness... and how it's reflected in the sales of the Wii vs the PS3... for gamers, these are extremely touchy subjects.

I think the reason a lot of people on the Hype complain about this video is because we have a very pro-Microsoft base in the gaming forum and this movie takes the most shots at them being as they tend to be the graphic/violence smorees.

I think it was very well done, both on voices and animation. Good job.

The only problem I had was it was a bit too serious, it could have used just a bit more humor. Otherwise I liked it.

The Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, Abe from Oddworld, and Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell whom are considered Xbox characters. As for Sony characters the movie showed Tommy Vericetti from Vice City, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, Dante from Devil May Cry, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank. And Megaman still appears on Nintendo peripherals while Rare games are now Microsoft exclusive. Rare would have been better used.

Eh, I know they are now and not to knit-pick, but they aren't as much to me. I'll remember Ninja Gaiden more for it's NES games then I ever will for the Xbox versions. The first two Oddworld games for the playstation were brilliant, and the two ppl I know that played the Xbox version forgot about it pretty quick. Sam Fisher I'll give you though, but the other two aren't Xbox chars to me atleast.

That Was Too Funny!!!

Excellent Job!!!

The only problem I had was it was a bit too serious, it could have used just a bit more humor. Otherwise I liked it.

To be honest, as much as I KIND OF agree with the theme of the cartoon, it really is a big joke. Baby Mario and Luigi's speech is meant to be deep but we weren't taking it seriously at the same time. We knew it was guitared, that was sort of the tongue-in-cheek gag the whole time. The over dramatics were the joke, but they still had some heart too.

You want me to explain why it sucked ash? Half the characters arent even Nintendo related and it kinda renders your point moot when Sega makes Sonic games for EVERY console. Not to mention the designs were elementary school at best. And god, did I want to hit the voice "actors." The guy who did Luigi was particularly bad. Like I said, nice concept, terrible execution.

Translation - I am in my mommies basement right now crying with envy, & wishing that I could even draw a stick figure.

I thought it was alright. Didn't care for Luigi holding the plunger though, him on Yoshi would've been enough. Other than that, it was pretty funny.

7/10.

I thought it was alright. Didn't care for Luigi holding the plunger though, him on Yoshi would've been enough. Other than that, it was pretty funny.

7/10.

yeah but think of how many would have told me "he should have been holding a plunger!" You can't please everybody.

as time passes now... our animation looks really crappy... but it was our first one so oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"