About Another Ace Ventura Movie

Galactus said:
Ace Ventura Jr. Coming to the Big Screen
Source: The Hollywood Reporter August 15, 2006

Production company Morgan Creek has hired Jeff Sank and brothers Jason and Justin Heimberg to write a third installment of the hit franchise "Ace Ventura," says The Hollywood Reporter.

The two previous Jim Carrey comedies -- 1994's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and the following year's Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls -- grossed more than $180 million domestically.

The latest pet project is expected to center on the eccentric detective's son, who steps into his father's shoes to take over the family business.

First Son of the Mask and now this... :(

sad-smiley-008.gif
Why, god? Why?!

Like I said over at CS, if Jamie Kennedy accepts this, he should seriously consider sticking to rapping and stop acting.

Galactus said:

Production company Morgan Creek has hired Jeff Sank and brothers Jason and Justin Heimberg to write a third installment of the hit franchise "Ace Ventura," says The Hollywood Reporter.

The two previous Jim Carrey comedies -- 1994's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and the following year's Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls -- grossed more than $180 million domestically.

The latest pet project is expected to center on the eccentric detective's son, who steps into his father's shoes to take over the family business.

Must be a son born out of wedlock that he never knew he had. Whoever they get to play the son will try to mimic Jim's mannerisms from the first 2 movies & things will turn out awful.

Probably the guy from Dumb and Dumberer.

I think it's funny that War Machine makes a thread if we wanted to see another Ace movie, and then 10 days later, it is put out and confirmed.

I think you were on to something, War Machine. :(

I think his vison differed slightly from what we're getting.

Galactus said:

Mother of pearl. :(

how much you wanna bet the son will be the fat kid from 'cat in the hat'?

Motown Marvel said:

Spencer Breslin, oh damn. :eek:
He has a face only a mother could......

......beat down. :mad: :ghost:

Motown Marvel said:
Only if this is a kids movie if its not no chance.

I hope Jim Carrey's in this. The idea of the movie sucks enoughthough, anyway. :(

Did movies like Son of the Mask and Dumb and Dumber 2 make any kind of money? What could possibly motivate someone to do something like this. Ah well, it'll come and go and while it'll leave a bad taste in our mouths, time will wash it away.

Wolfwood said:
Did movies like Son of the Mask and Dumb and Dumber 2 make any kind of money? What could possibly motivate someone to do something like this. Ah well, it'll come and go and while it'll leave a bad taste in our mouths, time will wash it away.

Well, Dumb and Dumberer made $26 million all together compared to the $127 million that Dumb and Dumber made, while Son of the Mask made $17 million compared to the $119 milllion that the original made. See a pattern here? The Jim Carrey movies make $100 million more than the stupid sequel/prequel that don't have him in them. You'd think they wouldn't do Ace Ventura Jr. after seeing those travesties.

Maybe this will turn out to be a straight to video sequel like American Pie 4: Band Camp was a straight to video sequel in the American Pie series.

It's an awful idea, let good things lie when they're finished

Jeezus, I can't believe what I'm within earshot of. People who actually think that a third Ace movie is a good idea? Okay, first of all, lemme just say that I still like the first Ace film, but the second one is weak by comparison. Second, I'll bet dollars to donuts that all the money on God's green Earth wouldn't drag Carrey back into this role ever. Third and most important, let's look at the sad history of studio ******s trying to cash in on the Jim Carrey magic without Carrey by producing ****ty follow ups to his movies. Mask 2, a total pile of horse ****, no question there. The prequel to Dumb and Dumber, a waste. Granted, the follow up to Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty with Steve Carell, has gotten any good or bad feedback from anyone yet, so we'll leave that one alone for now. There is nothing good or funny that can come from doing a Son of Ventura project. We've already been subjected to far too many so called comedies like Scary Movie 3 and 4 as well as Date Movie, all of which sucked to the Nth degree. Let's not advocate hack writers to make more crap like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"