Official Thread for Zemeckis' A Christmas Carol

Hey, "Forrest Gump" was good.

I didn't say Forrest Gump wasn't good. I said that Zemeckis used to be a really talented director, but for whatever reason, please some one explain it to me, he has become obsessed with motion capture and he is losing his amazing storytelling ability to gimmicks.

I didn't say Forrest Gump wasn't good. I said that Zemeckis used to be a really talented director, but for whatever reason, please some one explain it to me, he has become obsessed with motion capture and he is losing his amazing storytelling ability to gimmicks.

I think he's just trying to experiment with the technology. It sort of fell flat with "Polar Express", but I thought "Beowulf" was good. Hopefully "A Christmas Carol" won't be bad, but after that, I think it's time he went back to traditional filmmaking.

I actually can't wait for this, A Christmas Carol is my favourite xmas story.
I'm in a stage production of it at the moment....and quite by coincidence one of my cast mates is the son of one of the upcoming stars of Zemeckis film.

i think that's really arrogant to say he has no talent now. If you can, please make a movie like Beowulf.

Go ahead. Do it and then say he has no more talent than you have.

Look at it this way, motion capture was the smartest way to go. He was gonna have to age his actors with a time-consuming make-up process, build gigantic and elaborate sets, and do an extensive amount of green/blue screen work for a movie that would be 75% CGI anyway.

i think that's really arrogant to say he has no talent now. If you can, please make a movie like Beowulf.

Go ahead. Do it and then say he has no more talent than you have.

Look at it this way, motion capture was the smartest way to go. He was gonna have to age his actors with a time-consuming make-up process, build gigantic and elaborate sets, and do an extensive amount of green/blue screen work for a movie that would be 75% CGI anyway.

Please don't use the "You couldn't make a movie like that" argument with me, it's a dumb argument. He is talented, very talented, but he has latched on to this un-needed technology and he really needs to break away from it.

Beowulf was not a good movie. It was nothing more than "Look how much better my motion capture is than the last time I used it." While ruining a classic story in the process.

And I'm pretty sure he used plenty of make up (Including old age) effects in all 3 BTTF movies, as well as building big sets, I didn't hear anyone complaining then.

why? he's dissappointed me with Beowulf now he's going to ruin another greast story!?
:(

Hopefully this movie flops even harder the BeoWTulF. $150 million budget for a $68 million gross, ROTFLOL. Seriously, who's going to watch a 3D version of a Christmas Carol? Hasn't the world already gotten sick of that tired old story? It's been done to death even more than the Prince and the friggin' Pauper, and that's saying something.

I'd like to think that some day, Robert Zemeckis will go back to making real movies, and his days of making stupid special effects demos will just be a bad memory.

I didn't like Polar Express but I did like Monster House and Beowulf.

This sounds good and I will be seeing it.

But admittedly, it would be nice to see Zemeckis do another live action, and original film, like Back to the Future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"