• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics About this Gambit as a Horseman of Apocalypse arc...

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
16,627
Reaction score
0
Points
56
What series is it in (Uncanny, New X-Men, Ultimate...)?

And what issue #'s does it span.

Now that I have a job, I need to go out and pick these up (as well as some older issues)
 
If as a Gambit/X-man fan you wish to inflict pain upon yourself...

its in Adjectiveless X-men. 182-184.
 
FieryBalrog said:
If as a Gambit/X-man fan you wish to inflict pain upon yourself...

its in Adjectiveless X-men. 182-184.

Cool, thank ya much!

I take it by your response, the arc is kinda sucking?

(no spoilers, please, I might go out as early as Monday to pick these up)
 
Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Cool, thank ya much!

I take it by your response, the arc is kinda sucking?

(no spoilers, please, I might go out as early as Monday to pick these up)

I think its sucking terribly. Gambit fans like Moi and Squeekness seem to hate it too.

But it does have Gambit appearances in it, so...
 
The arc is kinda crappy...At least the artwork is good:)

Long Live Larocca
 
Nell, if you want some good recent Gambit stuff get Ultimate X-Men #50-53 and the Annual. I wont spoil it for you, but they're decent stories and Vaughan did a great job with writing the character. Probably the best portrayal of Gambit since the Claremont/Lee era.
 
FieryBalrog said:
I think its sucking terribly. Gambit fans like Moi and Squeekness seem to hate it too.

But it does have Gambit appearances in it, so...

As FieryBalrog says, it sucks terribly. The writing is horrible, terrible, the worst piece of writing I've read since a good time ago. Milligan has no idea about how to write the characters, especially Gambit. Even Larroca's art looks strange to me (strange, not bad).

Anyway, if you want to buy it because Gambit is there... *sigh* do it, because
it could be the last time we'll see the Cajun for a long (?) time.
This last sentence was not a spoiler but an opinion, but in case of turning into real, I put in into spoiler brackets.
 
Feyd Rautha said:
Nell, if you want some good recent Gambit stuff get Ultimate X-Men #50-53 and the Annual. I wont spoil it for you, but they're decent stories and Vaughan did a great job with writing the character. Probably the best portrayal of Gambit since the Claremont/Lee era.

That was indeed a superb portrayal of Gambit. First time I've ever really got into the character.
 
FieryBalrog said:
That was indeed a superb portrayal of Gambit. First time I've ever really got into the character.

Yup,BKV's run on UXM was fresh as hell.Get those issues Nell.46-65.
 
Feyd Rautha said:
Nell, if you want some good recent Gambit stuff get Ultimate X-Men #50-53 and the Annual. I wont spoil it for you, but they're decent stories and Vaughan did a great job with writing the character. Probably the best portrayal of Gambit since the Claremont/Lee era.

So true. Vaughan wrote a bad ass Gambit. I loved his run.
 
If you liked Vaughan's Ultimate X-Men work, mayhaps you should stimulate some discussion in the Ultimate X-Men thread. :D (This is not some attempt at a reprimand at all.)
 
I just read XMN 184 yesterday, and I don't think it's that bad. I think that arc still has a few surprises left, like why Apocalypse is acting that weird (with doubts, and forgetting stuff). I don't think it's great stuff, but IMO it's on the same level of Uncanny, and maybe Astonishing.
 
Kanon said:
I just read XMN 184 yesterday, and I don't think it's that bad. I think that arc still has a few surprises left, like why Apocalypse is acting that weird (with doubts, and forgetting stuff). I don't think it's great stuff, but IMO it's on the same level of Uncanny, and maybe Astonishing.

I don't think it's any surprise as to why Apocalypse is acting weird. :rolleyes:
 
El Bastardo said:
I don't think it's any surprise as to why Apocalypse is acting weird. :rolleyes:
:confused: Really? It's related to something that happened form 1999 to 2005? because I haven't read comics in that period :)
If you are implying he is depowered, wouldn't it be more notorious? Besides, he seems also to be forgetting stuff that he should know...
 
Kanon said:
:confused: Really? It's related to something that happened form 1999 to 2005? because I haven't read comics in that period :)
If you are implying he is depowered, wouldn't it be more notorious? Besides, he seems also to be forgetting stuff that he should know...

No, he means Milligan is writing him.

No one else would put toilet jokes in Apocalypse's mouth. Or write Ozymandias like that. It comes across as a parody of an Apocalypse storyline.
 
FieryBalrog said:
No, he means Milligan is writing him.

No one else would put toilet jokes in Apocalypse's mouth. Or write Ozymandias like that. It comes across as a parody of an Apocalypse storyline.

Mein gott, Balrog! YOU'VE UNRAVELED THE MYSTERY, without using even the Batcave! And I bet you don't even know it!

It's quite simple, my dear Holmes. Milligan is revered for writing satirical scripts, is he not? (... I think he is. If he's not, this all goes down the toilet =P) Well, you see, his run on X-Men has been a satire of X-Men stories! And... a satire of Apocalypse!

It's sheer genius! :rolleyes:
 
:( Oh, I thought there was a surprise coming explaining Apocalypse weirdness...
 
Just read 184... goddess this is the worst crap I've ever read, and I like Austen's X-Men... I do love the title thoug, War, what is it good for? I laughed my butt off with that one.
 
Millar's "How I Learned to Love the Hulk" was better. :D Dr. Strangelove rocks.

And... good heavens. Another Austen fan still loves? I thought we'd been hunted down and burned at the stakes as heretics. x.x
 
El Bastardo said:
Millar's "How I Learned to Love the Hulk" was better. :D Dr. Strangelove rocks.

And... good heavens. Another Austen fan still loves? I thought we'd been hunted down and burned at the stakes as heretics. x.x

well, now that you've conveniently outed yourselves... :ghost::ghost::ghost:
 
Hm. "loves" should be "lives." That's a silly little slip.

And... I'm not an Austen fan. Heavens, no. Austen sucks. I'm one of you. Just one of the rank and file, sir. Nothing to see here. Please move along. >.>
 
All this BS that's currently happening in Adjectiveless X-Men is only making me not wanna read x-men comics anymore. I'm only doing what I did 7 years ago. I'm gonna have to stop reading x-men comics until further notice. When I heard Rogue and Gambit were depowered and so on it made me not wanna read the issues including them and now this is happening!?:mad: :down

PS If you don't like what your hearing about in adjectiveless x-men than don't waste your money. I agree with anyone who thinks Milligan is one of the worst writers Marvel has ever hired.
 
Oh, brother.

There's a difference between being an awful writer and an awful X-Men writer. Case in point: Milligan is an awful X-Men writer. He is not an awful writer, so say the people who read the latter X-Force and then X-Statix series.

And if the bad writing of ONE book makes you stop reading ALL X-Men comics, then... uh, what logical deduction to you base that reasoning on? Milligan doesn't write all X-titles.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"