About Wolverine's new series, Origin

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
First off, I have to ask is the other series that preceeds this (I saw it on marvel premium hardback edition today,), wolverine: origins and endings worth reading? The art sure looked pretty neat, but without a story whats the point?

I picked up the first issue and flicked through, but I don't like the art too much (everyone that guy- whos name escapes me at the moment- draws looks EXACTLY like everyone in his punisher run to me). I loved it for the Punisher but it just feels....wrong in this series. But that's not my main question.

My question in this: in Grant Morrison's assault on weapon plus, Wolverine is given acess to all of weapon plus/x's files....and I was under the impression he knew EVERYTHING. Yet after House of M, they act like it's a big deal that he knew everything now, after house of M. But didn't he know before? Did I miss something?​

Horrorfan said:
My question in this: in Grant Morrison's assault on weapon plus, Wolverine is given acess to all of weapon plus/x's files....and I was under the impression he knew EVERYTHING. Yet after House of M, they act like it's a big deal that he knew everything now, after house of M. But didn't he know before? Did I miss something?
Ignoring the fact that Marvel loves to pretend like Morrison's run never happened...

Wolverine knew/read everything that had happened to him at the hands of Weapon Plus.

This does not mean he knew everything about his life (there was a time before Weapon X for him, after all).

This help clear things up for ya?

Wolverazio said:
Ignoring the fact that Marvel loves to pretend like Morrison's run never happened...

Wolverine knew/read everything that had happened to him at the hands of Weapon Plus.

This does not mean he knew everything about his life (there was a time before Weapon X for him, after all).

This help clear things up for ya?

Oh ok thanks

What makes you say that about Morrison's run though? Why would they want to pretend it never happened?

I don't know why they'd want to pretend it didn't happen, but they certainly are. Pretty much everything from his last few arcs was wiped out completely. Phoenix died again, then came back to die yet again in Phoenix: Endsong, Xorn turned out to be Magneto, who died, but then he came back and the Xorn who was Magneto was said to be Xorn's brother while Xorn was actually off in China somewhere... They made a big mess retconning a bunch of Morrison's changes. No surprise he jumped ship back to DC, where he's respected.

They brought Magneto back.

Had Xorn as a seperate character.

Gave them back their costumes.

Ignored any info that Wolverine learned about Weapon Plus. Hell, I don't think I've even heard anyone even mention Weapon Plus since.

Whatever happend to all the X-Factor bases around the world?

The only person that hasn't ignored Morrison is Joss Whedon. Who should be greatly commended for his work.

I really liked most of Morisons run. I was a bit iffy on the first two, but loved the others. I have no clue why Marvel is doing that, and the retconning of the xorn thing sounded TERRIBLE.

Purple Man said:
Whatever happend to all the X-Factor bases around the world?

Targets of terrorism after House of M (so either blowed up good or abandoned so innocents weren't killed).

The Xorn thing is the only part I liked though...only part of his run I hated was that Planet X mess...

To your original post, yes Origins is worth reading and I'm saying this based on the fact that I absolutely loved Origins and Endings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"