Marvel 1602 - New ideas and old discussion

Dude_Love

1 of the 3 Faces of Foley
Reaction score
I did a search for a thread, but nothing came up and seeing as I just got the first book and I have a load of ideas of how to bring characters in I thought I'd start one:

Firstly, if anyone here hasn't read it, Marvel 1602 is writted by Neil Gaiman (The guy who wrote Sandman for DC and the book Good Omens with Terry Pratchet). The basic idea is what if the Marvel universe started 400 yeas in the past, during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I.

But anyway, moving on. I personally loved it, I know there are those who didn't, but it's an Elseworlds like concept and there are always those who dislike them.

Right now so for my new ideas. Basically I have four at the moment. The 1602 Name will be first followed by the Normal name in brackets.

Logen (Wolverine): A Witchbreed (1602 name for mutant) with extraordanary healing abilities and 3 retractable bone claws embedded in each hand. He has no memory of his life prior to his capture and subsequent experementation upon by malicious scientist in Bavaria. His claws were coated in steel, with the intention of creating an unstoppable weapon, but Logen escaped, killing the scientist and now roams Europe, trying to work out his past.

Remy LeBuea (Gambit) - A Witchbreed Confidence man from France. He has the ability to charge any object with kinetic energy.

Lord William Fisk, Duke of Kent (Kingpin) - An wealthy Nobleman with extensive links to the Royal Court as well as Courts abroad. While he is trusted by many in power, he secretly has conections to Crime in most of the south of England, everything from smuggling to unlicenced Privateering.

Francis Castle (The Punisher) - A former member of the Army, his family were murdered by a gang of roaming vagabonds. Now Castle travels England, extracting revenge and killing those he feels need punishing.

How about François Chastel instead of Francis Castle? I like the concept for 1602 Kingpin.

How about Francis Castiglione? Makes him sound more Itallian, and that was his family's origional name before they changed it when they came to America.

Hmm the itailian idea is probably better. Would make sense seeing as there were a lot of italian mercanary armies in Elizabethen times.

I was always hoping for like a spaghettit western/US Civil War era Marvel timeline. The could be a lot of fun. Cool ideas by the way.

I had an idea for Deadpool. An English soldier locked up and tortured in a dungeon for being an insane murderer escapes. He eventually loses his memory while living in the wild where is witchbreed healing power manifests. He is brought in by the Hashshashin (a religious sect of Islamili Muslims, assassin is derived from their name, and they actually become inactive during the 14th century but their presence wouldnt be the most absurd thing in the series). He covers up the scars he got from being tortured.

Marvel 30,000 B.P. (Before Present)
Me and my brother, my brother mostly, came up with the idea of present day Marvel starting early in the Neanderthal era (like it started early in 1602) only it happens so early man is still sort of cave men.

So there would be Neanderthals with super powers, like a Spider-Man Neanderthal, or a Captain America Neanderthal. Just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"