Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Bad Superman

World's Grimmest Hero
Reaction score
I'm amazed no one has made a thread about this yet.

From: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13751

A Look Inside Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Source: Amazon

January 20, 2010

One of the first kids on the block to kick off this "wouldn't it be great if we take Jane Austen's material and inject it with (fill in a monster of your choice)?" fad was Seth Grahame-Smith. With tongue firmly planted in cheek, the man also penned "How to Survive a Horror Movie." Next up? A historical account of Abraham Lincoln's life...as a vampire killer.

"Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" hits bookstores on March 2 and Amazon is now previewing this tome right here with images. The gist is this: Grahame-Smith has reportedly discovered a secret journal of the former President and his exploits as a soldier fighting against the forces of darkness.

Silly? You bet, but advance reviews say it's a little gem! We suspect a movie deal is just around the corner. After all, Grahame-Smith's "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is in development with Natalie Portman.

Source: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14314

Promo Trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Source:You Tube

March 1, 2010

A teaser trailer for Seth Grahame-Smith's new book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter has surfaced on-line. The follow-up to his successful Pride and Prejudice and Zombies riff (a New York Times bestselling) follows the secret journal of the former President and his exploits as a soldier fighting against the forces of darkness.

It hits stores shelves tomorrow, March 2nd. Check out the trailer below! (at the link above)

Source: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14329

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Movie in the Works

Source:Dead line

March 2, 2010

That was fast! Author Seth Grahame-Smith's follow-up to his successful Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter has already been optioned for a movie version. Deadline reports that Tim Burton has teamed with Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov to produce a movie version of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which was released today to book stores. Burton, Bekmambetov and Jim Lemley produced Focus Features' 9 together as well.

Lionsgate has picked up the movie version of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, with Natalie Portman attached to star and David O. Russell circling as director.

Check out a teaser trailer for the novel Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter at our previous news post right here.

The following is how publisher Grand Central Publishing describes "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter":

Indiana, 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin, where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his suffering mother's bedside. She's been stricken with something the old-timers call "Milk Sickness."

"My baby boy..." she whispers before dying.

Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire.

When the truth becomes known to young Lincoln, he writes in his journal, "henceforth my life shall be one of rigorous study and devotion. I shall become a master of mind and body. And this mastery shall have but one purpose..." Gifted with his legendary height, strength, and skill with an ax, Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.

While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years. That is, until Seth Grahame-Smith stumbled upon The Secret Journal of Abraham Lincoln, and became the first living person to lay eyes on it in more than 140 years.

Using the journal as his guide and writing in the grand biographical style of Doris Kearns Goodwin and David McCullough, Seth has reconstructed the true life story of our greatest president for the first time-all while revealing the hidden history behind the Civil War and uncovering the role vampires played in the birth, growth, and near-death of our nation.

Last edited:
I saw that the other day and I gotta say....

it looks !@#$%^&* Awesome!

I want to see Abraham Lincoln and Blade team up and pwn the Twilight "vampires".

A guy can dream can't he?

lol

- Jow

I saw that the other day and I gotta say....

it looks !@#$%^&* Awesome!

I want to see Abraham Lincoln and Blade team up and pwn the Twilight "vampires".

A guy can dream can't he?

lol

- Jow

Awesome indeed. I like the fact that Tim Burton will be involved. He has that "dark" vision that's perfect for this kind of film.

What's the Twilight vampires? :hehe:
============================================================

All of those who have read the book, please use spoiler tags. Thanks.

Last edited:
Burton should be alright - I honestly think this level of ridiculousness and awesome is reserved for Raimi.

Ah well, looks like Johnny Depp is going to get to play honest Abe. lol

- Jow

Burton should be alright - I honestly think this level of ridiculousness and awesome is reserved for Raimi.

Ah well, looks like Johnny Depp is going to get to play honest Abe. lol

- Jow

Johnny Depp is da man, but I don't want him to lead this one. If it's got to be someone that has worked with Burton before, I choose Michael Keaton.

100 pages into this book now....all I can say is that this is freaking brilliant!

I've got a lot of catching up to do on my reading. Can't wait to read this one.

Is it better than Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? Because that was pretty crap.

Buy it if you enjoy the original Pride and Prejudice, I guess. Because the zombie aspect is barely in it, and poorly integrated at that. It was a major disappointment.

Last edited:
So has anyone read this book? I just finished it today and while I really enjoyed it as a fun read, I'm kind of put off by the ending.

Major spoiler, don't click unless you've finished the book

I don't think Lincoln would've wanted to become a vampire, by the end of the book I think he would've rather had the peace of death. At least then he might've been reunited with his boys in the afterlife. Although it did seem like Abe had given up on the idea of God and Heaven.

Buy it if you enjoy the original Pride and Prejudice, I guess. Because the zombie aspect is barely in it, and poorly integrated at that. It was a major disappointment.

P&P&Z was pretty much how a boy would react during English class while having to read the book. He would just add zombies and martial arts every paragraph or so.

For the book itself it works. It's tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. It made a classic literature which mainly appeal to girls be more accessible to boys.

It's a fun read. I hope this one, being a completely original work would be better.

This book was ok, the author got the historical part right while adding some fantasy elements and has good balance between the journal entry and the biography narrative. A bit predictable and don't really like the author's take on the vampires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"