Academic Survey for all the Comic book Readers

Long Halloween

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello SHH members,

I'm a French student currently in Dublin and I'm presenting a survey as part of one of my school projects which consists of the observation of an online community. The purpose of this is to get a better idea of how comic book fans organise themselves to live their passion. The survey has two main sections. The first one focuses on the characteristics of comic fandoms while the second section tries to understand the sometimes difficult relationship with comics and media producers.

There were a lot of adaptations in the recent years and it's more likely that this trend will continue. Super hero movies are generally box-office hits but comics fans represent a small percentage of the whole audience. That's also a point of my research. How people, who are familiar with the original materials, perceive these adaptations which might be done to reach the largest audience.

I insist upon the fact that the survey is totally anonymous and no information will allow me or any reader to associate the answers with a member. There are 3 sections and the whole survey should be done in 5 minutes.

As deep connoisseurs of the comic world, your input will be appreciate and valuable. I'll come back to you once the survey is done in order to inform you of the results. That will be a chance for you to give me your feedbacks and impressions (whether or not you think the results depict an accurate picture of comic fans). I would be much obliged to you if you could take 5 minutes to help me on that project.

Here’s the Google Forms link to the survey: http://goo.gl/forms/tPCjx4scPx

Here's my email address if you have any queries: [email protected]

Thank you again for your time and consideration :yay:

So this is the real deal then. I got a PM and was a little iffy since he only had like four posts.

Done. And I also sent you terry78's credit card information in the "additional comments" field in case you need extra funding for your research.

Really? I only sent him copies of his birth certificate and SIN. :(

Really? I only sent him copies of his birth certificate and SIN. :(

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in the birth certificate. He's got multiple copies, and they're all different: Hawaii, Kenya, Indonesia....

I was a little baffled that the survey didn't ask me if all human spines and feet should be shaped the same way that Rob Liefeld thinks they should be shaped.

Are you saying this...

enchantress.jpg

and this

cap_1.jpg

Isn't what Da Vinci had in mind when he sketched his Vitruvian Man?

I am shocked. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"