Accused witch burned alive in Papau New Guinea

Look on the bright side, at least their justice system is efficient.

Last edited:
Am I remembering wrong, is Papau where the community just acts on its own without any governing body? I mean there is a form of law but they turn their cheek for one town or so, I remember hearing about some area around there thats like that.

I assume so if they are burning people in the damn streets.

This does not surprise me, considering the region has a reputation for barbarity (such as cannibalism).

Am I remembering wrong, is Papau where the community just acts on its own without any governing body? I mean there is a form of law but they turn their cheek for one town or so, I remember hearing about some area around there thats like that.

From the article it seems like this is the case to some degree. The authorities are condemning the incident and attempting to get those responsible, but it seems like the town as a whole is refusing to cooperate.

Power to the people. :cwink:

We set hobos on fire, so its not like we're any better.

And you have to admit it is a rather clean way to dispose of things...as long as you air it out.

Were Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton there? :o

This, women being stoned in the Middle East, and homosexuals being murdered in the Middle East and Africa, makes me just incredulously shake my head and ask how the last couple centuries have just passed some parts of the world by.

This, women being stoned in the Middle East, and homosexuals being murdered in the Middle East and Africa, makes me just incredulously shake my head and ask how the last couple centuries have just passed some parts of the world by.

Agreed...there are just so many more efficient ways of doing it these days.

j/k....never underestimate the power of institutional barbarism.

Im glad we can sit comfy in the West and joke about how others treat one another in the less fortunate areas of the world. That was my goal for trying to shed some light on this.

Im glad we can sit comfy in the West and joke about how others treat one another in the less fortunate areas of the world. That was my goal for trying to shed some light on this.

As bad as we claim it is here in the west though, somebody always has it worse. We can't really interfere lest we be labeled as sticking our nose where it don't belong.

I'm also glad we have the perspective and sensibility not to take it the wrong way...the maturity to recognize that a joke isn't always made purely in jest and non-sympathy of a situation. That's something that west should particularly be thankful for, indeed.

Last edited:
I thought my step mom was a witch, I should have burned her.

Yeah. Here we just have to worry about modern problems. Like people shooting up schools.

It's good to see that we've come a long way as a species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"