ACT/SAT scores anyone?

I got a 28 on the ACT. If the reading wasn't so hard...I got a 22 on it. I had over 30 on everything else.

People, how much prep did you all do for the SAT?

I just did practice tests on my own for a couple weeks before the test. But then again, my SAT score wasn't gonna make or break my apps for the schools I was applying to.

I got a 32 on my ACT when I did it. I was going to do the SAT, but I did the ACT first and was happy enough with my score that I didn't have to take the SAT...thank god.

I took group classes in the summer (horrible. 2.5 hrs in the afternoon was just too much). From Jan to March I did 1 hr classes on Wed. and Sat. I found them more helpful.

Damn.
Well, there is no such thing as being too prepared.

ACT overall: 23, without any prep/studies beforehand.

History/Government was my weakest subject...but what can you say when the Civics/American History teacher lectures on the previous night's b-ball game, rather than History or Government? :mad:

i'm taking the ACT in june

hopefully i can atleast get in the mid twenties the first time, since i'm taking it atleast twice during my senior year next year.

I got a 1400 on my PSAT...
the bad news is the SAT is much harder and its on the 2400 scale now :( :down

I hate standardized tests, they're SO worthless. Don't feel bad about it Sapphire...they mean NOTHING. I got a 13 (yup!) on my ACTs and still got into UM - Ann Arbor, and now am a 2nd year Med Student. Currently I'm 3rd in my class.

BTW, I don't know what your future aspirations are, but don't get bent up on going to a school with a "name". As long as your grades are solid you should get into any post graduate program no matter where you went.

If you're wondering I got a 24Q on my MCATs.

I hate standardized tests, they're SO worthless. Don't feel bad about it Sapphire...they mean NOTHING. I got a 13 (yup!) on my ACTs and still got into UM - Ann Arbor, and now am a 2nd year Med Student. Currently I'm 3rd in my class.

BTW, I don't know what your future aspirations are, but don't get bent up on going to a school with a "name". As long as your grades are solid you should get into any post graduate program no matter where you went.

If you're wondering I got a 24Q on my MCATs.

I hate them too. I'm taking a AP english exam next month. :down:

Agrees with Superman4ever...Some people do good on those test and others dont. Just because you dont do well on a standardized test doesnt mean you are dumb by any means; theres a lot of factors that come to play.
I also have that AP English 3 exam coming up, I think Ill do good...but my History one, eck!...I dont like History

Struggling with my Cornell essay and found this thread. Well, is there anyone here familliar with college admission that can take a look at my essay ?

Damn, this thread is old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"