Acting School... I GOT IN!!!

Alexia Dark

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to say right now. Those of you who visit the musical theatre thread will know that I auditioned for a professional acting training program in Toronto. Big time. So big, in fact, I found out about it through a newsletter for Canada's professional stage actor's union.

I wasn't even going to audition, but I did it on a whim, and because a friend said she would drive me. I'm so scared. This program is as expensive as college, and it would mean moving to Toronto next month. I'm so worried... going into college already in debt... alone in a huge, expensive city, without knowing anyone... going into a program I know so little about.

Last week, I was cast in my first community theatre musical... I know the group is likely mediocre (well, at least the last production was... ), but still...

And in the professional world of acting, the number and size of roles matters more than schools... I mean, how many actors list their schools in their bios, unless it's their first tour fresh out of college or something?

I am so lost right now. Any advise? Should I go for it?

it's a chance of a lifetime, so I say go for it

congratulations

clapping.gif
:yay:

Congratulations! That's great news. :yay:

congratulations! do it! do it!!! we'll come visit ;)

This situation is a blessing, so don't choke back on it. Go after it with everything you've got!

congratulations, i'm thinking of also going to an acting school

Congratulations! Just think about it, you will know what is best for you.

Do it. Acting is all about risk, both on stage and off. If you don't go for it, you'll be kicking yourself in a few years.

You know, I said almost that exact same thing in my application letter.

You seem to be very strong willed, I have faith you'll be able to work it all out. :up:
This will also be a great opportunity to network, like mad.
Congrats and good luck.

Go do it, thats what acting is all about. People worked hard as hell to get into your situation and would take it in a second. And who knows when you'll get a chance like this again.

I'm not sure what to say right now. Those of you who visit the musical theatre thread will know that I auditioned for a professional acting training program in Toronto. Big time. So big, in fact, I found out about it through a newsletter for Canada's professional stage actor's union.

I wasn't even going to audition, but I did it on a whim, and because a friend said she would drive me. I'm so scared. This program is as expensive as college, and it would mean moving to Toronto next month. I'm so worried... going into college already in debt... alone in a huge, expensive city, without knowing anyone... going into a program I know so little about.

Last week, I was cast in my first community theatre musical... I know the group is likely mediocre (well, at least the last production was... ), but still...

And in the professional world of acting, the number and size of roles matters more than schools... I mean, how many actors list their schools in their bios, unless it's their first tour fresh out of college or something?

I am so lost right now. Any advise? Should I go for it?

I went through the same thing and still ended up getting a college degree (graduated last year actually :) ) and I do nothing with my major :D I completed a stint in acting school and learned quite a bit. Am I a major star? No. You may have seen me in a commercial or too though. Bottom line, forget about having to be famous to make a living at it. I do local theatre, off broadway, extra work, and admittedly mostly commercial work. (local for Atl as well as commute to CA/FL/NY mostly)

Honestly you can make it into a career with a good agent who keeps semi steady work. I did go through a few months with no work but thankfully I had money in the bank from previous gigs and was quite frugal :o You can make it, but just think of your success as making a living at it first. Anything else is icing on the cake :up: Good luck.

Of course go for it. I can think of nothing worse then wondering what could have been only if...

Do not attend this school!
It will bring disastrous consequences.
This is a massive, terrible, irreversible mistake, waiting to happen, waiting to destroy your life as you know it!!!

Do not attend this school!
It will bring disastrous consequences.
This is a massive, terrible, irreversible mistake, waiting to happen, waiting to destroy your life as you know it!!!
You know? You have this aura of cheerfulness that radiates from you. :)

i say its great news . acting is basically hit or miss , so it is a big risk but people that are sucessful take risks in their lives. i think if you a passion for the art then you will do well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"