Actors deserving a second chance?

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
Is there an actor who you didn't like in a particular comic book movie but feel might have been better for a different one? I've often wondered if George Clooney could have pulled off Nick Fury.

Interesting question:

Ryan Reynolds: Liked him as Deadpool, was meh on him as Green Lantern. Instead of Hal Jordan, I wish he had been cast as Wally West in a Flash movie.

Parker Posey: Didn't like her in either Blade Trinity or Superman Returns. Though she might've made a better Lois Lane than Kate Bosworth did.

James Marsden: I thought he was okay as Cyclops, but after his good turn in Superman Returns, I would've rather seen him as Superman over Brandon Routh.

Kevin Spacey: Though his Lex was inspired casting, until I saw the film. That being said would've liked to see would he could've done with Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2. Sam Rockwell exuded no menace at all in that movie.

Alec Baldwin: I thought his Shadow was okay,but I would've liked to see what he could've done as either Batman or Two-Face in one of the later 90's Batman films.

Tommy Lee Jones: Horrible as Two-Face, but due to the comics, I would like to see him as Norman Osborn for the new round of films. (I really did like Willem Dafoe in the Maguire films).

Ciaran Hinds: Completely wasted in Ghost Rider 2. Would've liked to see him as Justin Hammer too.

Idris Elba: Wasted in Ghost Rider 2, would like to see him as Black Panther, Bronze Tiger, or somebody headlining a superhero film.

Ryan Reynolds: Liked him as Deadpool, was meh on him as Green Lantern. Instead of Hal Jordan, I wish he had been cast as Wally West in a Flash movie.

This is the very first thought I had when I read the thread title. I totally agree. I think the Green Lantern role should have went to Bradley Cooper. He would have been a much better Hal Jordan.

I like Eric Bana as Banner and wouldn't had any objections against him taking the role again after Norton left.

Alec Baldwin: I thought his Shadow was okay,but I would've liked to see what he could've done as either Batman or Two-Face in one of the later 90's Batman films.

We somewhat saw that in a comedic way in 30 rock where he became The Tuxedo

Neil Patrick Harris has done voice acting as Nightwing and Spidey, but i'ld love to see him play a live action Flash

Tim Roth whilst good as the Abomination, i would love to see him as someone like The Vulture

Ild like to see Dominic Cooper as a young cocky Dr Strange rather than Howard Stark

This is the very first thought I had when I read the thread title. I totally agree. I think the Green Lantern role should have went to Bradley Cooper. He would have been a much better Hal Jordan.

Ditto.

Billy Zane was alright as The Phantom, But I always thought he would've made a good Lex Luthor.

Would like to see Dolph Lundgren as the Punisher again, with a better script and the actual Skull shirt.

Chris Helmsworth is great as Thor, but I would rather see him take a shot at being He-Man

Ryan Reynolds in a better scripted Green Lantern and Kevin Spacey as a Lex Luthor who's not interested in real estate scams but genuine world domination! May be ask Spacey to read Lex Luthor: Man of Steel to get a take on his mentality!

Wesley Snipes as Blade?

Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross?

Ethan Hunt's team from MI:3.

Elizabeth Hurley in the Wonder Woman pilot ... I think with a good script she could have been excellent as Circe or Barbara Minerva/Cheetah

I second Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. He sold the role for me, but it's unfortunate that his performance ultimately didn't save the movie. He needs a movie with solid filmmakers on board.

Interesting question:

Parker Posey: Didn't like her in either Blade Trinity or Superman Returns. Though she might've made a better Lois Lane than Kate Bosworth did.

James Marsden: I thought he was okay as Cyclops, but after his good turn in Superman Returns, I would've rather seen him as Superman over Brandon Routh.

Kevin Spacey: Though his Lex was inspired casting, until I saw the film. That being said would've liked to see would he could've done with Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2. Sam Rockwell exuded no menace at all in that movie.

Tommy Lee Jones: Horrible as Two-Face, but due to the comics, I would like to see him as Norman Osborn for the new round of films. (I really did like Willem Dafoe in the Maguire films).

Ciaran Hinds: Completely wasted in Ghost Rider 2. Would've liked to see him as Justin Hammer too.

Idris Elba: Wasted in Ghost Rider 2, would like to see him as Black Panther, Bronze Tiger, or somebody headlining a superhero film.

Agree with most of these, Idris Elba in particular. Such a talented actor who's been criminally overlooked in Hollywood(although when he's accepting roles in movies like Obsessed, he's as much to blame as anybody else.)

Otherwise, they need to get the Deadpool movie off the ground; I've been holding my breath for that since XO:W.

I wanted Elba as BP for a long time; now my hopes are dimming.

I like Eric Bana as Banner and wouldn't had any objections against him taking the role again after Norton left.

I like him as an actor but I never thought he was right for Banner. But he could probably pull off a role like Hawkeye or Hal Jordan quite well.

I also have to say that when I heard Reynolds was cast as Green Lantern my first thought was "Why is he not in a Flash movie instead?"

Mark Strong deserves the chance to reprise his role as Sinestro

I also have to say that when I heard Reynolds was cast as Green Lantern my first thought was "Why is he not in a Flash movie instead?"

You and about a million others-me included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"