Actors Who Inexplicably Disappeared

Jack Nicholson's last movie was in 2010. :(
Didnt Nicholson had problems with remembering scripts or something when he got in certain age. That's why he stopped acting. A guy who can't remember his lines cannot be a actor.

I think JGL has been focused on hitREcord and he has a few movies on the way. Is pretty curious where he went for a while.

Rick Moranis is a popular one. He just stopped acting all of a sudden

Rick Moranis retired from acting to be a fulltime dad after his wife died.

Also JGL slowing down might have something to do with The Walk and Snowden being flops, and/or having babies in his life now.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt slowing way down reminded me of Tom Hardy too. Like JGL, Hardy was churning out multiple movies a year. In 2012 he did This Means War, The Dark Knight Rises, and Lawless, and in 2015 he was in Child 44, Mad Max Fury Road, Legend, and The Revenant. Then he focused on his TV series Taboo---which he lost some of his own money on---and the only movies he's done within the last few years are Dunkirk (which was a small role) and Venom (which would have seemed kind of beneath him, tbh).

There's a few possible factors for Hardy slowing down---a reputation for sometimes being "difficult", which hurt people like Russell Crowe and Edward Norton, and like JGL also having very young children in his life---but it seems a little curious he'd slow down so conspicuously right after getting his first Oscar nomination for The Revenant.

Didnt Nicholson had problems with remembering scripts or something when he got in certain age. That's why he stopped acting. A guy who can't remember his lines cannot be a actor.

Nicholson went public and denied these rumors. He said he has a mathematician brain.

What happened with Orlando Bloom? One minute he's the new big thing, with LotR, PotC. Then... not so much.

What happened with Orlando Bloom? One minute he's the new big thing, with LotR, PotC. Then... not so much.

He has a new Amazon series Carnival Row with Cara Delevinge, debuting August 30th.

And how about Taylor Lautner? Man, that was a career that nosedived. Mind you, there were a lot of reports of what a total **** he was on set.

LOL yeah some of these guys like Lautner and Sam Worthington disappeared once people caught on that they suck at acting.

Didn’t realize Cameron Diaz had pretty much retired though. But yeah, now that I think about it, I haven’t seen her in anything in a long time.

As for Hardy... I don’t know that his career has really slowed that much, he’s just not doing as many movies every year. But I do think he made some bad choices after than Oscar nom. It may have hurt him that he had a whole IDGAF attitude towards winning (and honestly, he should have won that year...f*** Mark Rylance’s bull****, mumbling, boring performance in Bridge of Spies). Granted, it’s refreshing to see an actor not want to deal with all the asskissing and self-promotion that typically goes into winning an Oscar (and it’s even more hilarious when you consider how much Leo did for the same movie) but it might make some studios and directors shy away from you if they feel like they have a film that is a major awards contender.

LOL yeah some of these guys like Lautner and Sam Worthington disappeared once people caught on that they suck at acting.

Didn’t realize Cameron Diaz had pretty much retired though. But yeah, now that I think about it, I haven’t seen her in anything in a long time.

As for Hardy... I don’t know that his career has really slowed that much, he’s just not doing as many movies every year. But I do think he made some bad choices after than Oscar nom. It may have hurt him that he had a whole IDGAF attitude towards winning (and honestly, he should have won that year...f*** Mark Rylance’s bull****, mumbling, boring performance in Bridge of Spies). Granted, it’s refreshing to see an actor not want to deal with all the asskissing and self-promotion that typically goes into winning an Oscar (and it’s even more hilarious when you consider how much Leo did for the same movie) but it might make some studios and directors shy away from you if they feel like they have a film that is a major awards contender.

Hardy has a whole IDGAF attitude in general. He almost never does interviews, even when he has a big movie out (Charlize Theron pretty much did all the promotion for Fury Road) and is sometimes testy on the rare occasion he does do one, plus he has a "difficult" reputation sometimes (he didn't get along with Refn during Bronson, he didn't get along with Shia LaBeouf (but who does?) during Lawless, he didn't get along with Theron during Fury Road and even publicly apologized to George Miller for "being a dick", and he apparently choked out Inarritu during The Revenant.

The gem of all gems, wonderful family man who stepped back to look after his kids.
rick-moranis.jpg

If in my previous post Frasier was the action guy I grew up with then Myers was the king of comedy I grew up with.
maxresdefault-1-750x500.jpg

• Austin Powers 1, 2, 3,
  • Wayne's World 1, 2,
  • Shrek 1,2, 3, 4
  • The Cat In The Hat
  • Love Guru (movie gets far too much hate)

And how about Taylor Lautner? Man, that was a career that nosedived. Mind you, there were a lot of reports of what a total **** he was on set.
Probably because he was a god awful actor with the emotional range of a tin of paint.

Stewart's wooden acting always annoyed me more but Lautner always looked and sounded like he would have been more at home in one of those god awful day time drama movies.

Hardy has a whole IDGAF attitude in general. He almost never does interviews, even when he has a big movie out (Charlize Theron pretty much did all the promotion for Fury Road) and is sometimes testy on the rare occasion he does do one, plus he has a "difficult" reputation sometimes (he didn't get along with Refn during Bronson, he didn't get along with Shia LaBeouf (but who does?) during Lawless, he didn't get along with Theron during Fury Road and even publicly apologized to George Miller for "being a dick", and he apparently choked out Inarritu during The Revenant.

Yeah, I've heard that stuff. But I thought the choking thing was a bunch of BS. Didn't Hardy and Inarritu post a picture making fun of that rumor?

I thought Kirsten dunst was out the game until that new show she has coming up. I'm feeling like a lot of movie actors have taken to tv as of late as far as getting more exposure.

Yeah, that has happened a lot lately and it makes sense as many TV shows feel more like long movies these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"