Aegon’s Conquest Prequel in Development

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score

Only one GOT spinoff has come to fruition thus far, so we’ll see, but I think it’s a meaty period of time for a show to explore.

So a third show about Targaryens and their fight for the iron throne. It's beginning to look like another case of Star Wars and the Skywalkers. A Song of Ice and Fire has a vast universe and a big variety of things to show and they seem to keep focusing on the same family and themes. I hope The Tales of Dunk and Egg or 10.000 Ships will get made instead.

It could be good but I'd much prefer Dunk & Egg or anything that isn't entirely Targ based. One Targ show is enough.

So a third show about Targaryens and their fight for the iron throne. It's beginning to look like another case of Star Wars and the Skywalkers. A Song of Ice and Fire has a vast universe and a big variety of things to show and they seem to keep focusing on the same family and themes. I hope The Tales of Dunk and Egg or 10.000 Ships will get made instead.
Maybe, but in this case there’s source material that largely, in one way or another, points back to the Targaryens and their power.

Is the elevator pitch of it all a bit repetitive? A little. But I think there’s something here that’s well worth exploring.

But nevertheless, I would like to see Dunk and Egg happen too.

I find the Blackfyre Rebellions to be more compelling era to explore, but I’d rather they not touch that until George finishes F&B II in twenty years.

I'd think the logical way to do this would be to just wait 'til the Dance runs its course and maybe turn HOTD into an anthology show? Having both feels a little off to me. I'll watch it and probably love it though.

Oh **** yes.

Oh Lord…

The least imaginative people alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"