Sequels After MOS The Dark Knight Falls

I dunno, I'm 27, and I caught superman III and IV in the theatre, but I was pretty young. But those in the 30s would have been at the right age to get Superman fever, Star Wars fever and Indiana Jones fever... the good ol days when movies were HUGE

anyhow, after some thinking, and a another view of TDK, I change my mind. I'd go skipping MOS all together, and go into a World's Finest.
1) a world's finest will put the two worlds together, meaning that both universes (from the pov of the movie) will be minimized to fit a team up. That means they can just skip over superman's homelife, given that the movie should be focused on the duo, rather than each individual's melodramatic personal lives.
2) god knows that this current superman franchise needs a boost, and could benefit from a team up
3) I'd have a fanboygasm if we got that scene(s) from TAS, 1)Superman peaks at batman using the Xray 2)batman leaves the tracking device on superman. One of my favorites.

the idea appeals to me more and more, as the team up would basically throw Jason away for now. But a team up movie could help revitalize the superman franchise, as well as deal with that cliffhanger of sorts in TDK quickly. Singer needs to be pushed away until an actual superman solo sequel, where Jason would be dealt with, but this would come after.
Who directs? Nolan?

I dunno, I'm 27, and I caught superman III and IV in the theatre, but I was pretty young. But those in the 30s would have been at the right age to get Superman fever, Star Wars fever and Indiana Jones fever... the good ol days when movies were HUGE

anyhow, after some thinking, and a another view of TDK, I change my mind. I'd go skipping MOS all together, and go into a World's Finest.
1) a world's finest will put the two worlds together, meaning that both universes (from the pov of the movie) will be minimized to fit a team up. That means they can just skip over superman's homelife, given that the movie should be focused on the duo, rather than each individual's melodramatic personal lives.
2) god knows that this current superman franchise needs a boost, and could benefit from a team up
3) I'd have a fanboygasm if we got that scene(s) from TAS, 1)Superman peaks at batman using the Xray 2)batman leaves the tracking device on superman. One of my favorites.

the idea appeals to me more and more, as the team up would basically throw Jason away for now. But a team up movie could help revitalize the superman franchise, as well as deal with that cliffhanger of sorts in TDK quickly. Singer needs to be pushed away until an actual superman solo sequel, where Jason would be dealt with, but this would come after.

I definitely want to see a teamup of the two, with the end hinting at a justice league. I think they could do a World's Finest or a Trinity and then go to JLU. The Superman franchise isn't dead yet, and I'd like to see another plain Superman movie before the team ups begin. Darkseid, preferably.
As to the allusion to the TAS scene, which is great, my idea would be something like Clark landing near Batman in Gotham, to which Batman says "I told you to stay out of my city." And Clark says "I see you still wear a lead lined helmet."
I think that's very Batman, making precautions so not even Superman could figure out who he is.

Who directs? Nolan?

maybe, I don't know. But not Singer, if he has a plan for superman, I don't want him bringing that plan in on a team up. I'd rather that the individual directors remain in their respective franchises, but both should serve as producer(s) with perhaps an intermediate director.

honestly, it totally depends on how serious WB is about defining the DC universe, and fleshing out their live action properties. If they are serious, then all parties involved should be confering.

maybe, I don't know. But not Singer, if he has a plan for superman, I don't want him bringing that plan in on a team up. I'd rather that the individual directors remain in their respective franchises, but both should serve as producer(s) with perhaps an intermediate director.

honestly, it totally depends on how serious WB is about defining the DC universe, and fleshing out their live action properties. If they are serious, then all parties involved should be confering.
That would be tough on deciding who would, or even could, direct a film like that if Nolan didnt. Maybe Snyder?, Cuaron?, Verbinski?

That would be tough on deciding who would, or even could, direct a film like that if Nolan didnt. Maybe Snyder?, Cuaron?, Verbinski?

tough call totally, but I'd definately give nolan's brother a shot at writing a team up sequel to both franchises... with batman in exile in Metropolis. Singer and Nolan def need to be in the producer chairs as to keep control over their respective franchises, while allowing for a crossover.

Director is seriously tough, but I'd go with either of the scott's, ridley or tony. But if I could have my all time pick, it would go to Ed Zwick.

Cuaron would be good. I think he could handle both Batman and Superman very well. Whereas I can't see Nolan handling Superman or Singer handling Batman.

I love singing that song.....................you know the one called SR sucks, why would I want to or have to wait for a reboot when there is a chance it could occur now. Oh and vice versa want your sequel? WAIT FOR IT.

Sometime you just have to wait for something for awhile. That is just part of life. Many of us who like Batman has to wait 8 frickin' years for a new one!! And you know what? The wait was worth it with how good BB was & TDK was even better. If you can't handle waiting for a Superman reboot right now, then get a different hobby or something.

And with how successful TDK is more than the Hulk, I bet WB will look at MoS sequel than a reboot. At least with how TDK did with it being a sequel. ;)

Ha, we're brilliant. :hehe:

there is however one thing that Nolan has, that Singer failed to realize: Both Superman and Batman are detective stories. Batman, the intelligent detective crime fighter, while superman is also a reporter, trying to discover the truth behind his stories

There should be mystery, miss direction and gumshoing in both. SR was pretty much devoid of any sort of mystery that the intrepid heroes had to solve(the blackout, which took 30s of research is not a mystery). While both current batman films unfolded like a true crime mystery should. Singer was supposed to be good at this, given his earlier work. But it was contrived, and almost completely absent in SR

Sometime you just have to wait for something for awhile. That is just part of life. Many of us who like Batman has to wait 8 frickin' years for a new one!! And you know what? The wait was worth it with how good BB was & TDK was even better. If you can't handle waiting for a Superman reboot right now, then get a different hobby or something.

And with how successful TDK is more than the Hulk, I bet WB will look at MoS sequel than a reboot. At least with how TDK did with it being a sequel. ;)

So if prior to BB Joel Schumacher wanted to do a sequel or continuation of Batman and Robin you would have been fine with it because in a few years you would have got your reboot anyway?

So if prior to BB Joel Schumacher wanted to do a sequel or continuation of Batman and Robin you would have been fine with it because in a few years you would have got your reboot anyway?

totally different situation and you know it. All the parts were there in SR, it was just a bad story. Keeping everything else constant, but changing the story, SR would have been far better. BF and B&R were two of the most foolish films ever made(and quite the opposite of SR, their stories were actually quite good, but their excecution was f'n horrible). The comparison is totally unfair, and way way way out of proportion.

Except Batman & Robin killed the Batman film franchise and is universally hated. Superman Returns didn't kill the Superman franchise and those who hate it and those who like it are rather evenly split.

You really can't even compare the two because Batman & Robin wasn't even a serious attempt at making a good film. It was a freaking 90 minute toy commercial.

Ewww. I still cringe at the Bat-iceskates. (shudders)

Anyway, I agree that S.R. hasnt killed the franchise, but Singer has his work cut out for him bringing the fans back in that hated or disliked the first film. He'll have alot to prove to them in their eyes. You can't just ignore them either, a 50/50 split is pretty big and he/W.B. will need most of the fans behind it to get some positive buzz going.
Sure they can just ignore the fans if they so chose, but IMVHO that'd be a mistake.

Ewww. I still cringe at the Bat-iceskates. (shudders)

Anyway, I agree that S.R. hasnt killed the franchise, but Singer has his work cut out for him bringing the fans back in that hated or disliked the first film. He'll have alot to prove to them in their eyes. You can't just ignore them either, a 50/50 split is pretty big and he/W.B. will need most of the fans behind it to get some positive buzz going.
Sure they can just ignore the fans if they so chose, but IMVHO that'd be a mistake.

exactly. Whoever is incharge, if MOS is to be a sequel, then those in control of the movie, will need to appease those fans which were not impressed

totally different situation and you know it. All the parts were there in SR, it was just a bad story. Keeping everything else constant, but changing the story, SR would have been far better. BF and B&R were two of the most foolish films ever made(and quite the opposite of SR, their stories were actually quite good, but their excecution was f'n horrible). The comparison is totally unfair, and way way way out of proportion.

Except Batman & Robin killed the Batman film franchise and is universally hated. Superman Returns didn't kill the Superman franchise and those who hate it and those who like it are rather evenly split.

You really can't even compare the two because Batman & Robin wasn't even a serious attempt at making a good film. It was a freaking 90 minute toy commercial.

You two just said what I was going to say. Thanks for taking the bullets for me with not wanting to explain a big paragraph or 2, you two. :D :D

1. Superman and Batman should never meet until Nolan and Singer are done with what they're doing.

2. World's Finest would be cool to see before a Justice League movie, but I can live without it.

3. Frank Miller should never, ever touch anything involving Superman. The man treats him with so much disrespect.

4. I think that almost no tweaking is needed. The way Nolan and Singer approached their respective characters, they can fit together. Realism can only go so far when making a comic book movie after all.

5. Even with prep-time, Batman will never beat Superman. Read Hush.

Um, I believe in Hush, he BEAT Superman.

Any news of a sequel????? Any news after TDK???????

WB will reboot.

Any news of a sequel????? Any news after TDK???????

WB will reboot.
Could be. I was sure expecting some Superman sequel news this week after seeing what TdK did at the B.O.

Where did you hear that? :huh:

I didn't hear anything. I just judged by the lack of Superman related news at the SDCC in comparison to everyone else.

edit:

Morg:

Did WB give you NN, Showey and everyone else here a coaster??? I hope you at least got a coaster.

[/b]

Um, I believe in Hush, he BEAT Superman.

No he didn't beat Superman. It was more like he had his Kryptonite ring and punched him about three times and stopped because his hand would have been broken if he continued and ran away while Catwoman kidnapped Lois to make him come back to his senses. The tone of his internal dialogue even sounded like he knew he couldn't beat Superman, and Superman was holding back.

But have you read Superman: Sacrifice where Superman wasn't holding back and almost killed Batman. He would have too if Batman didn't activate the Watchtower's defense systems and Wonder Woman appearing just in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"