Sequels After MOS The Dark Knight Falls

No he didn't beat Superman. It was more like he had his Kryptonite ring and punched him about three times and stopped because his hand would have been broken if he continued and ran away while Catwoman kidnapped Lois to make him come back to his senses. The tone of his internal dialogue even sounded like he knew he couldn't beat Superman, and Superman was holding back.

But have you read Superman: Sacrifice where Superman wasn't holding back and almost killed Batman. He would have too if Batman didn't activate the Watchtower's defense systems and Wonder Woman appearing just in time.

BEST POST EVER......

I just figured out that someone didn't read Bat's internal dialogue in HUSH, and Supes almost took everyone out in Inf. Crisis and Sacrafice.

Supes is not to be messed with when he's not holding back.

I just find it really stupid that people think that Batman can beat Superman even with massive amounts of prep-time.

Batman may be the ideal of human perfection, but in the end he is just a man. A man no matter how perfect he is, cannot go up against someone who cannot only move planets with the amount of strength he has, but can also move faster than a speeding bullet and is completely invulnerable to everything but Kryptonite (which Batman has in only small amounts) and magic (to which Batman has very little magical ability). Common sense says that the guy who shoots heat beams out of his eyes is going to be the winner with incredible ease.

I just find it really stupid that people think that Batman can beat Superman even with massive amounts of prep-time.

Batman may be the ideal of human perfection, but in the end he is just a man. A man no matter how perfect he is, cannot go up against someone who cannot only move planets with the amount of strength he has, but can also move faster than a speeding bullet and is completely invulnerable to everything but Kryptonite (which Batman has in only small amounts) and magic (to which Batman has very little magical ability). Common sense says that the guy who shoots heat beams out of his eyes is going to be the winner with incredible ease.

This of course is Darkseid about kick the crap out of Supes...but.... check the comments in the beginning. It's probably the only Superman speech I will EVER CREDIT BRUCE TIMM FOR GETTING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the sad thing...I think he was still holding back in this fight.

0608.png

WTF....

:lips:

BTW....I LOVE THIS AVY

This of course is Darkseid about kick the crap out of Supes...but.... check the comments in the beginning. It's probably the only Superman speech I will EVER CREDIT BRUCE TIMM FOR GETTING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I do love what Timm has done with Darkseid, he made him way too weak. Darkseid should be far more powerful than Superman IMO. I loved how Starlin did it in Death of the New Gods #8.

While I do love what Timm has done with Darkseid, he made him way too weak. Darkseid should be far more powerful than Superman IMO. I loved how Starlin did it in Death of the New Gods #8.

Darkseid suffers from much of what Supes suffers from...He can be too powerful for any foe to match. I haven't read much of the New Gods, but I believe you because what I have read of them isn't consistent with Supes comics.

Le sigh....in the STAS universe/Timmverse Darkseid is/was the best villian because cartoon wise he is the most applicable to face Supes. Yet, I never want to see him in any other function outside of the comics. The New Gods, IMO, can never live outside of cartoon.

Darkseid suffers from much of what Supes suffers from...He can be too powerful for any foe to match. I haven't read much of the New Gods, but I believe you because what I have read of them isn't consistent with Supes comics.
I love my Superman and Darkseid being incredibly powerful :oldrazz:

Le sigh....in the STAS universe/Timmverse Darkseid is/was the best villian because cartoon wise he is the most applicable to face Supes. Yet, I never want to see him in any other function outside of the comics. The New Gods, IMO, can never live outside of cartoon.
Darkseid for Justice League dammit :cmad:

Nope that was all he had Bruce Timm likes making Superman a pansy, he only added that scene after much complaint from fans on how he made Superman a weak punch first ask questions later brute.

Any news of a sequel????? Any news after TDK???????

WB will reboot.

WB will reboot? Nowhere did they confirm that. Until they make anything official, you don't have proof a reboot is in the work. Beside, didn't Showtime mention they supposely were looking at it but decide not to? It laughable how some act like there won't be a sequel & it will be a reboot like they work for WB. But couldn't it be the other way around? Again, you can't know for sure a reboot will happend when nothing official said so. :D :D

WB will reboot? Nowhere did they confirm that. Until they make anything official, you don't have proof a reboot is in the work. Beside, didn't Showtime mention they supposely were looking at it but decide not to? It laughable how some act like there won't be a sequel & it will be a reboot like they work for WB. But couldn't it be the other way around? Again, you can't know for sure a reboot will happend when nothing official said so. :D :D

I don't know officially. That is my observation. Yet, I don't see how folks can keep thinking there is actually going to be a sequel. Over the past few weeks, the only reliable information that been has reported all points to WB shopping around for a new director. I have faith that they haven't totally scrapped Supes, but I don't even think they are talking to Singer any longer. Noticably, you don't hear anything about him.

Either way you look at it, it's bad P.R. on W.B.'s part. The silence creates confusion and causes even more division amongst the fans who want Singer, and those that don't.

IMO, it'd just be better for them to say something, even if it's a ''no film at all announcement''.

They haven't yet said anything about anything which is quite odd. Tull and Horn were at comicon, you'd think somebody would've gotten a chance to talk to them about something.

They haven't yet said anything about anything which is quite odd. Tull and Horn were at comicon, you'd think somebody would've gotten a chance to talk to them about something.
What scares me is the idea that they may have decided to put Supes on the backburner for a while.
I don't know how else we're supposed to take the silence from them.

Well that's very possible. I mean, in addition to Superman Returns and its "underperformance" of $400 million worldwide there's also that ownership lawsuit hanging over Big Blue's head.

What scares me is the idea that they may have decided to put Supes on the backburner for a while.
I don't know how else we're supposed to take the silence from them.

At this point, that may not be the worst thing. I want WB to retool their DC comics movie plan before they move back onto Superman. If we can get better producers on it, the movie may actually be right when it is made. If I need to wait several more years to finally see Superman done justice on the screen for the first time since the late 70's, so be it. Better than a poor sequel or a rushed reboot.

Take your time, WB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"