Comics Age of Apocolypse

Do we know if Gambit went to Sinister to get his powers lowered in AoA?
If he didn't, he may be able to charge organic matter. In 616, when Gambit's powers were restored by Sinister in Gambit's first ongoing series, he could charge live tissue. He tested it on Mystique.

someone asked about the designation of Earth-616... check this out
wikipedia is a great source for all info comic related...and if you see something that is wrong, you can edit it!

Profezzor: 616 is how the normal continuity is referred to. It's been established that the "normal universe" that we all mostly read from is Earth #616. Thus, when we refer to 616 we mean the normal universe and what not. Maybe someone else could explain it better, but that should be fine.

No, it's never explicitly said during the AoA books as to whether or not Gambit could charge organic matter. But it's always been a staple of his powers, except for the brief amount of time in his ongoing where he had a power boost. On that note, was the ongoing where that happened before or after AoA (first-second quarter 1995)?

If it was before, then it's debatable as to what AoA Gambit's powers were at the time. If it came after, then AoA Gambit's powers were probably "normal."

You know another "did he die?" moment that happened in Omega? You see Morph get shot, but you never learned if it killed him. That always bothered me. And you can never really tell if Cyclops was killed. He was hit and then just lied there.

perdev145 said:
someone asked about the designation of Earth-616... check this out
Great Link :up:
I loved this:
In DC Comics' Infinite Crisis #5 (May 2006), the character of Alexander Luthor, Jr., in his attempt to create the "perfect Earth", combines Earths designated 154 and 462, two numbers adding up to 616. Shortly thereafter he decides this is an unsuitable world and destroys it. This is seen by most to be a sly dig at Marvel, and more specifically their upcoming event Civil War, as the Earth created features the heroes fighting amongst themselves.

I got volume 1 of the AOA storyline a while ago, and it was pretty good. Does part 2 get into the more mainstream part of the story? I've got to catch up with the releases of these trades.

Part 1 was a collection of all the AoA stuff released after the Age of Apocalypse was finished. Since the AoA was supposivly destroied after X-Men Omega, all the stories later released was set in the past, thus, they were first to be collected into trade. The second part starts with X-Men Alpha, the book that really starts the Age of Apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"