Age of Conan

I saw some of the screenshots of AoC at Gamespot, and I must say the graphics are nice and the characters are very detailed and has an artistic look that Everquest 2 lacks. Right now I'm staying with WoW but I'm definitely tempted.

Wow...this game is really impressive from first impressions, it's like an mmo inside a single player game, npc's aren't static like other mmo's. The character creation is blast, it's alot like oblivions, so if you want, you wont see your twin brother all the time. The UI is abit crap atm, hopefully they fix it.

Wow...this game is really impressive from first impressions, it's like an mmo inside a single player game, npc's aren't static like other mmo's. The character creation is blast, it's alot like oblivions, so if you want, you wont see your twin brother all the time. The UI is abit crap atm, hopefully they fix it.

Yeah, character creation has to be one of WOW's weakest feature, because it's hard not to see your twins (or triplets) when you are inside cities like Shattath. From the screenshots, it looks like you can have alot of freedom creating the facial features of your characters, and that is quite impressive.

The soundtrack in the game is pretty awesome, it sounds more like a movie soundtrack than games. Really do hope they fix the UI though, from playing a few hours, it's hampering the game more than it should, hopefully enough people will complain.

The soundtrack in the game is pretty awesome, it sounds more like a movie soundtrack than games. Really do hope they fix the UI though, from playing a few hours, it's hampering the game more than it should, hopefully enough people will complain.

Does AoC allow custom UI like WOW?

It goes live today for the rest of the world. Its not like COH because it is more mature and as you go along you determine how your player's story will go. I mean if you kill another player in PVP mode they can put a reward out for your death or the person you kill would get more points or whatever if they hunt you down and kill you them self. You can also raid towns and take everything they have and how you talk to your contacts determine how friendly and helpful they are. Also you can have drunken bar fights which is always fun.

It is coming out for the 360 (between August and October) but it is unknown if you can link up with people playing on their PC

I'll probably give it a try once it comes out for the 360. :word:

I'll probably give it a try once it comes out for the 360. :word:

Apparently the pc users and 360 users will be sharing servers.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/age_of_conan/preview-937-3.html

When will the Xbox 360 version coming out?
JT: Next year. When we launch we are splitting up into three. We have been working on the Xbox for a long time actually. But as we hit the last six months we were like, let's focus on the PC version. That's where we know the market is. We're trailing about a year. No longer than a year. As soon as we launch, stabilise and have everything up and running, all the systems going, we're going to have the live team fixing stuff, speaking with the players, what do you guys want? We have the expansion pack team and then we have an Xbox team. But we're pretty much Guinea pigging our way into the Xbox, just like Microsoft is. We are exploring frontiers on how to deal with the consoles and online games.

Any ideas how it might be different?

JT: It will be the same essence and the same experience. We want for the people who want to do it, we want them to be able to play with their PC friends if they like to. It's not a force thing but we would like that to happen. But obviously the control mechanism, the communication, all this is stuff we are solving on a daily basis. The patching, the install, the footprint, the payment, the servers, the customer service... it's a challenge. But we will get there eventually.

But you intend for it to come out max a year after the PC version?
JT: Yeah, maximum a year. But I don't feel comfortable about promising a date. We've been promising quite a few dates on this one. But you know things happen.

ugh, my rig can bearly handle this game. ****ty,

Here's something someone posted on the AoC forum, oddly, it does seem to work.:huh:

"Go to Video Options. Click High I don't care if your computer sucks. Click it and shut up. Go to the Advanced Tab. Disable shadows completely. If you are on a laptop, scroll down to the system texture cache bar and maximize it. Click Apply, then OK There is a bug that causes low settings to actually produce worse FPS than high settings. With the shadows disabled, you can actually play better on high settings than low"

Even on my other comp, with all setting and shadows/textures very low or off, with only bloom and Pixel shader 3 on, the game still looks pretty good. The main frame killer is shadows.

hjkhjoh8.jpg

I want this game now. Might be my new investment, heh. Maybe somebody's already mentioned this, but is this a pay-to-play?

EDIT: Ah damnit, it is. :csad:

I turned it off.
You only get nipples, no vagina. Unless theres player with there armor off jerking off to there char, chances are you wont see much.
Fatality's are pretty cool though, especially satisfying in pvp.

b6v7f9.png
[/IMG]

I turned it off.
You only get nipples, no vagina. Unless theres player with there armor off jerking off to there char, chances are you wont see much.
Fatality's are pretty cool though, especially satisfying in pvp.

b6v7f9.png
[/IMG]

Wow, fatality is pretty cool, and it's too bad WOW doesn't have this.

I'll wait a few more months before I make my decision whether to go AOC, stay with WOW, or wait for WAR. I can only play one MMO at a time, and I really want to get my tauren druid to 70. Just don't have the time to play that many games.

Waiting a few months would be a good idea, hopefully by then they will have refined it with patches like they did with wow over it's lifetime.

Apparently the pc users and 360 users will be sharing servers.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/age_of_conan/preview-937-3.html

When will the Xbox 360 version coming out?
JT: Next year. When we launch we are splitting up into three. We have been working on the Xbox for a long time actually. But as we hit the last six months we were like, let's focus on the PC version. That's where we know the market is. We're trailing about a year. No longer than a year. As soon as we launch, stabilise and have everything up and running, all the systems going, we're going to have the live team fixing stuff, speaking with the players, what do you guys want? We have the expansion pack team and then we have an Xbox team. But we're pretty much Guinea pigging our way into the Xbox, just like Microsoft is. We are exploring frontiers on how to deal with the consoles and online games.

Any ideas how it might be different?

JT: It will be the same essence and the same experience. We want for the people who want to do it, we want them to be able to play with their PC friends if they like to. It's not a force thing but we would like that to happen. But obviously the control mechanism, the communication, all this is stuff we are solving on a daily basis. The patching, the install, the footprint, the payment, the servers, the customer service... it's a challenge. But we will get there eventually.

But you intend for it to come out max a year after the PC version?
JT: Yeah, maximum a year. But I don't feel comfortable about promising a date. We've been promising quite a few dates on this one. But you know things happen.

Next year? Boooo! :cmad:

Warhammer will be out before then so I guess I'll take a pass on AOC.

Yea, the DAOC team are good, but I'm not really liking the art direction and it looks very much graphically dated.
I'm abit confused as to how console users and pc users will communicate with each along with IU if these will be running on gamepads.

This game is probably the best game out there right now. It has a great use of Conan lore and it has great game play. It also really has a great in depth story as well were you can be the good guy or bad guy or the man who walks that fine line.

Funcom has reported its financial results for the fourth quarter, revealing an operating loss of USD 23.3 million, caused by a depreciation of USD 22.8 million due to the lagging performance of Age of Conan.

The poor performance is compounded by the announcement that the company's chief financial officer, Olav Sandnes, has resigned from the position.

"Funcom is a company with a substantial potential based on a unique combination of skill sets in a fast growing global market. I wish Trond Aas and the rest of the organisation all the best in realising the full potential of the company," commented Sandnes.

source

It seems the new MMO's are having a rough time. Warhammer just laid off a pile of people earlier this month and now this news. Not being able to maintain a subscriber base is the kiss of death for MMO's. Can MMO's apply for a federal bailout? :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"