Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning For The Legend of Conan

They could do four seasons with some Vikings-esque time jumps.

Netflix already has a Conan meets Vikings show with The Last Kingdom.

I could see Netflix doing a Conan original movie if they could partner up with some other studios/production companies to spread the cost. Someone like Del Toro could produce a good looking Conan movie less than $70 million which is cheap by modern movie standard. The 2011 Conan movie cost $90 million

A lot of money spent on the 2011 movie was wasted on unnecessarily lavish sets and CGI. You could adapt "Beyond the Thunder River" for a meagre budget.

There are enough Robert E Howard stories that they could almost adapt them all into something like Game of Thrones or Black Sails on a major cable network. If they take the Dark Horse approach they could even craft some interesting story arcs by expanding upon the novellas. Queen of the Black Coast and Beyond the Black River are especially right up there with the best of anything in Game of Thrones in terms of action and emotion.

Who would you like to play Bêlit, the pirate queen of the Black Coast?

I personally aint interested in tv series, not unless again Arnold is reprising his role and playing King Conan and series is about that. So we instead of possible 2h movie, we get 8-10h material storyline to wrap his story.

Maybe even introduce Conan son, or maybe cast joseph baena for that role if he has interest in acting like his father. I dont know.

I personally aint interested in tv series, not unless again Arnold is reprising his role and playing King Conan and series is about that. So we instead of possible 2h movie, we get 8-10h material storyline to wrap his story.

Maybe even introduce Conan son, or maybe cast joseph baena for that role if he has interest in acting like his father. I dont know.
I'd say little chance of that happening. Universal has no interest in that movie.

Who would you like to play Bêlit, the pirate queen of the Black Coast?

That's a tough one. Howard was so vivid and detailed with his depiction of the character that it's hard for me to seperate that image and think of any one actress. But to throw a couple of names out I could vaguely see Birgitte Hjort Sørensen or Katheryn Winnick in the role.

A lot of money spent on the 2011 movie was wasted on unnecessarily lavish sets and CGI. You could adapt "Beyond the Thunder River" for a meagre budget.

I believe you mean Beyond The Black River. And yeah, pretty much imagine the Neil Marshal film Centurion but with some night-demons and giant snakes making an appearance in some scenes and you got that Conan story basically.

Old Conan starring Arnold can be the HBO's Game Of Thrones replacement

I believe you mean Beyond The Black River. And yeah, pretty much imagine the Neil Marshal film Centurion but with some night-demons and giant snakes making an appearance in some scenes and you got that Conan story basically.

You're right - it has been a long time since I read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"