Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning For The Legend of Conan

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning For The Legend of Conan
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96383

21fem.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to once again crush his enemies, see them driven before him and to hear the lamentation of their women. Deadline reports that the actor, who starred in 1982's Conan the Barbarian and in 1984's Conan the Destroyer, will reprise his role as the Cimmerian warrior in The Legend of Conan, a new Robert E. Howard adaptation in the works from Universal Pictures.

Details are few on the plot of the new film, but it is said to ignore the events of both Conan the Destroyer and of the most recent reboot, 2011's Conan the Barbarian, which features "Game of Thrones" star Jason Momoa in the lead.

“The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make,” producer Frederik Malmberg tells the site about where The Legend of Conan picks up. “It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle.”

Following his time in politics, Schwarzenegger has been lining up projects left and right. He recently starred in The Expendables 2 and will re-team with Sylvester Stallone in next year's The Tomb. Schwarzenegger can next be seen in The Last Stand, the english language debut of director Kim Jee-Woon, and is currently filming David Ayer's Ten, an action drama that revealed its first behind-the-scenes photo earlier today.

Malmberg and Chris Morgan are attached to produce The Legend of Conan. Morgan has already plotted the story himself and may also provide the screenplay, aiming for a summer 2014 release.

You ARE too old for this ****, Arnie.

I wish it was called 'Conan the Legender'. ;)

What are the chances on Milius coming back?

Make this an "R", get the right director and this could really work. I am excited.

Just keep your clothes on and you're good, Mr. Schwarzenegger. :up:

Nice! That reboot was terrible and already forgotten.

The hell with it! Get Sly Stallone to direct this.

Though I liked the recent one with Momoa I have long wanted this. Fingers crossed.

If Arnold is in then I'm there. But I still want the Momoa Conan to come back at some point.

This time, Conan will sleep with the nanny! :D

Well, isn't this some backwards ****. Not really a Conan fan, so I don't care. I do find it interesting that Ahnuld is returning after all of these years, though. Momoa must feel so inferior, lol.

If Arnold is in then I'm there. But I still want the Momoa Conan to come back at some point.

...same here! Jason Momoa is the Conan from the books and comics. Can't say the same for Arnold.

I really don't know how to feel about news of this movie.

...same here! Jason Momoa is the Conan from the books and comics. Can't say the same for Arnold.

I really don't know how to feel about news of this movie.

It's Arnold so it'll be good. But they started a good thing with Jason, too bad he couldn't get a second shot with a better director than Nispel.

It's Arnold so it'll be good. But they started a good thing with Jason, too bad he couldn't get a second shot with a better director than Nispel.

Maybe. We'll see. The thing is, for me, Momoa really looked like the image I've always had in my mind of Conan, as well as the personality.

I hope with this one they will try and stick closer to the spirit of the Howard stories.

Last edited:
The Phoenix And The Sword could be a good first half or intro to a movie for Arnold as King Conan.

But still, Momoa was an awesome Conan. He actually could swing a sword.

Guys, it's over for Momoa. He's obviously never coming back to the role.

Awesome news to me,I actually like the recent one and it is much more closer to the original books But I love the first film as a movie on it's own,Having a sequel to the original film with Arnold returning as an old king looking for a last battle and ignoring the friendly Destroyer movie sounds so good to me!!!

You ARE too old for this ****, Arnie.

You do know that there ain't an age limit for acting(even action films) right?,Arnold can still be in pretty good shape and carry a sword to swing at stuff,The original's film already builds into this film perfectly by showing Conan as an old king!!

IF Arnold was Clint Eastwood's age then I might agree with you!

This film seems like it's going to be awesome. It could really stand out as something special and unique if done right. An action hero past his prime has to enter the last cycle of his life - then what? Just seems like a really interesting concept to play around with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"