Superman Returns AICN has an early review!

Sverdlovski said:
I didn't like it. Especially the part where
Kowalski saves the day and Supes gets revived at the FOS.
Meh.

That's the one part I didn't like either.

ohmshalone said:
I still can't believe the only effect new krypton has is an earthquake. I was hoping there would be a tidal wave and tons of other stuff in his way

I'm sure there will be.............

Showtime029 said:
I am with you on that one, could have been just after. However, I think it's resolved somewhat in that scene.

Its a talent we have showy.

Love your avvy to dude.. cant wait to see the smile as well.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
Its a talent we have showy.

Love your avvy to dude.. cant wait to see the smile as well.

Thanks man. The smile is a clone of Reeves.

You can call me Showy anytime. :p

Showtime029 said:
Thanks man. The smile is a clone of Reeves.

You can call me Showy anytime. :p

it is :D

showy is now your official nick name on the boards.:)

Hmmn...if this review is genuine I have to say it doesn't sound too good regardless of how positive the guy may have been: The details they mention serve to corroborate as much as they refute the fears raised by the previous reviews, ie: The kid is still supes, he is still the jealous Ex and Spacey's Lex is going through the same motions as Hackman's right down to his GF having a 'change of heart' (but don't worry guys, it's done really well...). The insulting tone taken to anyone disliking the idea of kid supes doesn't help either.

So really, as this seems to tell much of the same info as the others but with a more positive spin on it, I dont see why this should be afforded any more merit than those. Bottom line, I'm hoping this one is as far off the mark as the writers have claimed the others were (will be interesting to see what the writers say about this review, if anything)

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
So it would appear.. could that break the movie..the expectations being to high?

That could be a factor and keep in mind that the following week SR faces very tough competition with the release of POTC2. I really wish the best for SR.

superkong 500 said:
Youre' seeing it a day before were are you from?

Yes, I'm one of the lucky few :D I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico. New movies open on Thursdays. I checked with the local theater and Superman Returns is scheduled to open on June 29.

Now that I think about it, the reviewer says that kitty kinda saves supes after the kryptonite stabbing but he doesn't mention supes being i nthe hospital, he woudn't have forgotten to mention that part would he? a fake review I smell....

Bad Superman said:
That could be a factor and keep in mind that the following week SR faces very tough competition with the release of POTC2. I really wish the best for SR.

Yes, I'm one of the lucky few :D I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico. New movies open on Thursdays. I checked with the local theater and Superman Returns is scheduled to open on June 29.

Well Iam one of those few also I live in Carolina,so caribbean cinemas already has the movie release date on their listings?

Meh, its another 'review'.

Its a hell of alot more credible than the UGO one... Still I dont much care what he thinks of it.

Bummer that
the kid is Supermans
though :(. I have been expecting it for many months now anyway so Its not so bad.

I will wait and see how it all plays out on film though.

It sounds pretty good but
I really hate the kid being his, this might be the only time I ever wanted a 5 year old to die
:(

Lobo said:
It sounds pretty good but
I really hate the kid being his, this might be the only time I ever wanted a 5 year old to die
:(

he still might.

I know I just feel bad for wishing that

Harry is such a piece of ****. As far as that review goes, I'll let people form an opinion just like they did about all the other stuff that has come out, but this guy's a complete moron. He's honestly the kind of person that has so little integrity you WANT to punch him in the face if you ever met him.

He's practically grabbing his ankles for Singer and Co. but what did he do for X3? We'll lets see: when the EARLY script review came out for X3 he put out an open letter to Fox. He was told by ANYONE that would listen, that it was an early draft and it didn't matter, because the movie still had the same tone.

The exact same thing is happening here, but he 'got to the bottom of'. I hate that man so much, and I don't hate anyone.

The worst part is he's more interested in his own personal gain then the people he works with. He's made EVERY attempt so far to make Moriarty look like a hack, and the guy has been one of the best things about the site which has made Harry famous.

superkong 500 said:
Well Iam one of those few also I live in Carolina,so caribbean cinemas already has the movie release date on their listings?

Yeah, check them out. The released date is June 29!!

at this point, no review can change some people's minds I guess.

Zing79 said:
Harry is such a piece of ****. As far as that review goes, I'll let people form an opinion just like they did about all the other stuff that has come out, but this guy's a complete moron. He's honestly the kind of person that has so little integrity you WANT to punch him in the face if you ever met him.

He's practically grabbing his ankles for Singer and Co. but what did he do for X3? We'll lets see: when the EARLY script review came out for X3 he put out an open letter to Fox. He was told by ANYONE that would listen, that it was an early draft and it didn't matter, because the movie still had the same tone.

The exact same thing is happening here, but he 'got to the bottom of'. I hate that man so much, and I don't hate anyone.

The worst part is he's more interested in his own personal gain then the people he works with. He's made EVERY attempt so far to make Moriarty look like a hack, and the guy has been one of the best things about the site which has made Harry famous.

I don understand the hatred for Harry. No matter what some people say, they still go onto his site. At least, I do.

of course not :) I just dont want the franchise to become a about
Son of Superman
thats why I really think
he'll die and Lois wont end up with him until the last movie

Milkman95 said:
Hook was good.

Anyway, if you liked Donner's film, you'll like this one it looks like.......some people can't take change, and this is a prime example of it.
I loved Donner's movie when I saw it twenty-eight years ago.

Time for something new, and I don't mean
Superman fathering a son

^^

but isn't that something new..no matter how you look at it?

and supes leaving earth for 6 years isn't something new?

I understand where you're coming from. I'm more worried about the sequel.

A scene from Superman Again (2012):

Jason: My Daddy is going to kick your (insert explosion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"