Superman Returns AICN has an early review!

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
^^

but isn't that something new..no matter how you look at it?

and supes leaving earth for 6 years isn't something new?

I'm guesssing he meant something new that is sourced from the books, not something new that's completely made up for the film. At least that's the kind of new I would have been hoping for.

Desk said:
I loved Donner's movie when I saw it almost 25 years ago.

Time for something new, and I don't mean
Superman fathering a son

Totally understand. I'll wait until this all plays out..........who knows, I might hate the film, we'll see. We're used to mediocre or bad renditions of Superman anyway - Smallville, Lois & Clark, Superman III and IV. The only thing that's been really good is the Animated Series and Justice League with him in it...........

I wished the guy could talk a little more about Lex Luthor's personality. And perhaps, hints of his fate: Is there a lead up to a sequel? Will he be jailed again? What?

Superman in exile in sapce has happened in the books, and there was an elseworld about that other thing

wobbly said:
I'm guesssing he meant something new that is sourced from the books, not something new that's completely made up for the film. At least that's the kind of new I would have been hoping for.

I think i understand his point..but this new ground they are stepping on..and a bold one at that.

Meanwhile, Superman go to the fortress of solitude, where Jor-el gives him his powers back just in time to save the day as the big earthquake hits.

Question how exactly did Superman get to the Fortress if he couldnt fly because he was hurt? PLOT HOLE!

BareKnucklez said:
Question how exactly did Superman get to the Fortress if he couldnt fly because he was hurt? PLOT HOLE!

Have you seen Superman II?

*Sigh* First the trailer did nothing for me and now this review? If it is indeed real then I will not see this movie, everything sounds like a rehash of the two first Superman movies. So I guess Pirates and X-Men 3 are the only summermovies I´ll see in the theater.

I don't know to make of this review, but if it's true; most of it sounds pretty good, but
I still don't like Superman having a kid and the insult didn't help either.

Milkman95 said:
Totally understand. I'll wait until this all plays out..........who knows, I might hate the film, we'll see. We're used to mediocre or bad renditions of Superman anyway - Smallville, Lois & Clark, Superman III and IV. The only thing that's been really good is the Animated Series and Justice League with him in it...........

well put Milkman :up:

wobbly said:

I know what you're talking about.

It's as if the screenwriters didn't even do any research when they wrote the script.

I had a talk with a comic book-liking friend about Superman, and for some reason, on why there's a desire to take certain liberties. He agrees: From what he knows Spider-Man, X-Men and Batman were based on some arc in the comics. I guess it's the fact that Singer sees Superman as more than a 'superhero' and more as an "American Pop Icon". Because of that, in some ways, he does neglect certain aspects of the mythos (Other Super villains, Lexcorp, etc)

Which brings me to the sequel: I can forgive him for not having Brainaic or whomever in this movie. But if it's all Lex again, my GOD, I would be geniuenly upset.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
^^

but isn't that something new..no matter how you look at it?

It may be new, but it's not welcome and it's not particularly inspired in terms of storytelling. It takes what should be a classic mythos and cheapens it, taking it down the road of daytime soap opera.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Have you seen Superman II?

In superman 2 he was just beat up by some trucker.... just took a couple punches but wasnt seriously injured. He then walked back to the fortress.

From what it sounds like superman is STABBED with kryptonite for crying out loud.... you cant really compare the two. If superman's stabbed on new krypton with krytonite then there's no way in hell he's gonna be able to fly back to the fortress. Maybe he doesnt get there by himself? Maybe someone transports him there. who knows but it sure wont make sense if he's able to make it to the fortress with kryptonite lodged inside him.

el brujo138 said:
*Sigh* First the trailer did nothing for me and now this review? If it is indeed real then I will not see this movie, everything sounds like a rehash of the two first Superman movies. So I guess Pirates and X-Men 3 are the only summermovies I´ll see in the theater.

I'm afraid we could have two disappointments - X3 and SR. Both haven't been getting the most positive buzz lately.................

Personally, that review has me excited. I still don't see what the problem is. It seems we're going to get a good story to technically restart the Superman brand.

Again, you can't blame Singer for sort of reintroducing Superman to the audience. It's been 18 years since the last one, 28 years since the first film.

This is a different generation. Some may need this introduction/sequel to Superman.

For the sequel for Returns, they need to go beyond Lex. That, I agree with.

We have Ghost Rider, or is that 2007? I have very bad feelings about the one. I smell another DareDevil or FF.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
We have Ghost Rider, or is that 2007? I have very bad feelings about the one. I smell another DareDevil or FF.

ROFL... It will end up a 2009 release... On DVD :(

Milkman95 said:
I'm afraid we could have two disappointments - X3 and SR. Both haven't been getting the most positive buzz lately.................

I dont know about X3 - I´m going spoilerfree for that movie so all the info I have about it is the trailer which I liked, so I´ll watch it in the theater.

scene stealer was Kate Bosworth? wow.

I like her a lot, but have never really seen a good movie in which she acted. I'm excited to see her in SR :up:

I didn't read it, don't have time, but overall good or bad? I can't have two bombs, X3 has me worried enough. :(

I kinda like the review the kid doen't worry me that much as long as he doesn't ahve superpowers and starts showing them in the movie,the things that worry me the most are: first the camp, It should have some comedic or funny moments but just to break the tension but not for cheese,number two the romantic aspect of it.Yes the romance between Lois and supes is good but I don't want it to be like spiderman 2 with clark(instead of peter) moaning like a lovesick teenager for lois throughout the whole movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"