Akira Toriyama to give video message before Dragonball Evolution

where's Ryo Jin? He speaks Japanese fluently, he can translate appropriately.

We have Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Gt, and now we have Dragonball E.

To me, this shows a lack of confidence in the film. Not necessarily because it's bad, but because there's so many pessimists ripping into it.

Anyway. Nothing to really see here.

Oh Toriyama, you're still so polite after all these years. :oldrazz:

No, it's neither good or normal. It's called being "closed minded." I'm not speaking against Toriyama, because we don't really know his personal opinion, or the accurate tone of the quote. However, I'm speaking against the disturbing amount of pessimism. If you wanted an exact translation of Dragonball into a live-action film, you might as well go ahead and just watch the anime.

From what I've seen so far, this remains surprisingly respectful to the source anyway, so the lack of enthusiasm from so many is worthy of a face-palm in and of itself.

No, it's neither good or normal. It's called being "closed minded." I'm not speaking against Toriyama, because we don't really know his personal opinion, or the accurate tone of the quote. However, I'm speaking against the disturbing amount of pessimism. If you wanted an exact translation of Dragonball into a live-action film, you might as well go ahead and just watch the anime.

From what I've seen so far, this remains surprisingly respectful to the source anyway, so the lack of enthusiasm from so many is worthy of a face-palm in and of itself.
i disagree. he is from a different world. the movies that he watches have a different tone. their comedy and action is completely different. i think he doesnt knwo how adaptations work in hollywood and i think he doesnt know how movies are made in US.

You can't disagree because you didn't understand the point to be able to disagree with it apparently.

Look, all I'm saying is that we need to hold hands and dance around a fire. The corporations are stealing away all of our money, and we need to throw a music festival that makes Woodstock look like only a handful of freedom fighters.

As he's addressing Japanese fans he's probably saying "I got nothing to do with this film. Dont kick my a** if you hate the film" :woot:

lmao im surprised it wasnt said in the second post

I'm a little shocked by the nerve of people. No offense, but adding your own opinions onto what someone else said, as if that's what they actually meant, is really disrespectful and really insulting to Toriyama's intelligence. All we have is the quote, leave it at that. I don't know his tone and neither will anyone else until they hear it for themselves. Until then, just take it at face value.

i would like to hear more of his opinion. he doesnt sound too hyped about it though.

yep. hopefully they can surprise him with the rest of us if this movie does well.

i'm a little shocked by the nerve of people. No offense, but adding your own opinions onto what someone else said, as if that's what they actually meant, is really disrespectful and really insulting to toriyama's intelligence. All we have is the quote, leave it at that. I don't know his tone and neither will anyone else until they hear it for themselves. Until then, just take it at face value.
qft

i'm glad that Toriyama is opening his mind and all, considering DB is his baby...but i think it's disturbing that they needed to have a letter like this in the first place. i don't remember any reports of Stan Lee pleading to his fans to give SM1 a chance. i could always be wrong, but if this movie is struggling just to gain fan support then i doubt it will gain much attention from non-fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"