Alan Moore to appear on the Simpsons

Elijya

Avenger
Reaction score
interesting

Writer drawn into Simpsons' show
NORTHAMPTON writer Alan Moore is to feature in a forthcoming episode of The Simpsons.
Moore, aged 53, recorded his lines at The Lodge studios in Abington Square last month for an episode which will be called Husbands and Knives.
The Simpsons' production team are long-time fans of Moore's, whose reputation in the world of graphic novels is legendary.
A chance meeting with his fiancée Melinda Gebbie got the project rolling.
Mr Moore said: "Mel was in America promoting our new book The Lost Girls and one of the Simpsons producers spoke to her and asked if I would be in the show.
"She said: 'Why don't you give him a ring he's very approachable'. "I was happy to do it. I'm a big fan of The Simpsons."
He features in a sub-plot which sees a new 'cool' comic shop opening in Springfield in competition with the Android's Dungeon, run by Comic Book Guy who is voiced by Hank Azaria.
The new shop has persuaded Moore to make a public appearance. In reality, Mr Moore rarely makes publicity appearances, preferring to concentrate on his prolific output of work.
This has earned him a reputation in America as a recluse although in Northampton he has a wide network of long-time friends and family.
Mr Moore's latest work, The Lost Girls, has garnered rave reviews around the world although it is not due to be published in the UK until 2008 due to a legal dispute with Great Ormond Street Hospital.
The Lost Girls features elements of the Peter Pan tale, which Great Ormond Street owns the rights to and he has agreed to delay publication while Great Ormond Street promotes its own sequel to JM Barrie's original, Peter Pan in Scarlet.
Mr Moore also wrote The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta, From Hell and Constantine, which were all made into Hollywood movies.
The Watchmen, a tale of dysfunctional superheroes, cemented his reputation in the 1980s and was credited with opening up the graphic novel as a medium for adult stories.
steve.scoles@ northantsnews.co.uk
http://www.northantsnews.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=317&ArticleID=1865011

How come I'm more impressed by this news than when I heard Tony Blair did an episode?

Awesome. I'll definitely look for that episode (Despite thinking The Simpsons has SERIOUSLY gone downhill.)

Oh come on you guys, The Simpsons hasn't been good for like, 7 years now, and having Alan Moore guest voice isn't going to make it worthwhile. The show is dead to me, and I lose a little respect for Alan Moore now that I have heard he enjoys the show. Of course, maybe he has only seen the terrific early years--you know, he's Alan Moore, he doesn't have time for television, what with his twenty billion books and his intense ritualistic writiing process. Unless he can magic up a good Simpsons ep, I'll be skipping it.:o

so you came in to post for what reason then? just to bash the show? also, what twenty billion books are you referring to? he stopped writing the ABC books early last year and as far as I know the only books he has coming out are Hypothetical Lizard for Avatar Press and Albion for Wildstorm which he's only plotting.

Dope Nose said:
so you came in to post for what reason then? just to bash the show? also, what twenty billion books are you referring to? he stopped writing the ABC books early last year and as far as I know the only books he has coming out are Hypothetical Lizard for Avatar Press and Albion for Wildstorm which he's only plotting.
His twenty billion books. Not comics. Also, his collection, not what he's writing. He supposedly has like, twenty billion books all over his house. I read it in an interview.

But yeah, I am here just to bash the show. I'm here to give my (negative) opinion on the subject of this thread. If you have a problem with me, call the mods, I'm sure they'll be able to put me on probation for some BS reason.:up:

Seems pretty hypocritical of him, but whatever, ill catch it on Youtube.

C.F. Kane said:
How come I'm more impressed by this news than when I heard Tony Blair did an episode?

Because Tony Blair has proven that he'll do pretty much anything an American asks him to, even at the cost of British lives.

Moore, on the other hand, is a great catch.

Best ... guest voice ... ever.

Shock! Profanity! Smilie w/ expression of shock or approval :-)eek: for example)

Just following the format.

Good news for all.

Except of course the h8ers.

I formally request that all h8ers perform a sexual act upon their own mothers.

And quit h8in'.

Thank you.

Wow, what a coincidence, I was just making some mom sex jokes in a thread in the DC forum:wow:

Pink Ranger said:
Because Tony Blair has proven that he'll do pretty much anything an American asks him to, even at the cost of British lives.

Moore, on the other hand, is a great catch.

Best ... guest voice ... ever.

Excellent post :woot::up:

Never have I looked forward to an episode of The Simpsons as I do with this upcoming episode.

:o

This will be the greatest episode of The Simpsons ever, ever.

:word:

imageum027cpp5.jpg

I wonder how Comic Book Guy will react to Alan Moore. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"