Alan Scott/GL is in the Smallville movie

Well technically Alan Scott used to wear his ring on his right hand back in the golden age.

Yeah, in the first issue, it was on his right hand, then it flip-flopped between hands several issues afterwards. I would not use which hand it is on as a litmus test for the TV movie.

well if thats the case i dont really see the problem of the ring in the upcoming sv thing being on that other hand then. Though i am curious to see what is going to be shown with the ring, will we see it doing something, or just a mer cameo of just that hand in a flashback sequence were we maybe see the arms/legs of ..... members we are not seeing in the whole deal or what.

I think wherever the ring is on Alan's hand doesn't matter IMO, but that's just me. I am just worried on how he is portrayed.

well the ring/hand might be the only thing we will actually see.

well the cal you have to remember the sv producers dont have the rights to use all the jsa characters. legally from what we know from pictures and for the two parter is they got the rights to use hawkman/dr fate/stargirl as the main jsa members we are phsyically seeing. Then the sandman is there to in some form. As for other jsa members it will either just be a spoken mention, some object of theirs, or just that wicked sweet jsa painting for how we are seeing them.

That's why I thought they might go with The Statesman like they went with Impulse.
Different costume. Different name. Same powers.

:alan: :alan: :alan:

Smallville's Flash is Bart Allen though. Impulse is more accurate considering he was barely flash in the comics

well we do know now for the jsa thing that there was the jay garrick flash and alan scott heroes fighting crime in the past.

Here is image of what alan scott out of costume looked for flashback scene in smallville jsa event:
jsagl.jpg

As it turned out, the ring was on his left hand.

so it was on the correct hand then dnno1? also i heard some folks mention that who ever was the actor who did the flash back scene of alan scott for smallville event looks a bit like ryan reynolds. Which i do agree a bit. Which is a little funny.

Here is another look at alan(Smallville):
alan2h.jpg

Ryan Reynolds:
ryanreynolds.jpg

Last edited:
lol, looks like a really cheap ring.

Your never gonna have an Alan Scott style GL ring like that looks 'expensive'

lol, looks like a really cheap ring.

In the comics, Scott carved it out of the same metal that the lantern was made from. Alan Scott is a railroad engineer turned broadcaster, and it shouldn't be expected that he be a professional jewler. That is why the ring looks cheaply made.

The Oa'n ring won't look much more expensive than that either.

A piece of green metal/plastic that may or may not have a glow on it.

I mean, what the hell were you expecting?

no i was just making a funny comment how smallville's alan scott looked like ryan reynolds a bit. Not meaning hal/alan look the same.

so it was on the correct hand then dnno1? also i heard some folks mention that who ever was the actor who did the flash back scene of alan scott for smallville event looks a bit like ryan reynolds. Which i do agree a bit. Which is a little funny.

Here is another look at alan(Smallville):
alan2h.jpg

Ryan Reynolds:
ryanreynolds.jpg
Haha, I've never noticed! He does look kinda like Ryan :D

yea that is all i was saying the actor who did their alan scott has simular looks to ryan so i thought that was pretty funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"