Alcohol thread

I prefer nice cold refreshing macro brewed beers (that's where the real parties at right?:yay:). Nothing like sipping on an ice cold can of Natti Ice from a wino bag on a warm summer day (although to be honest I haven't actually sported any wino bag around my can lately but who knows rent aint cheap).

However, I don't think variation hurts. While I don't feel great about it, I have spent a lot of hard earned cash on some of the monastery brewed (trappist ales) Belgium styled beers lately. I highly recommend looking for a bottle of Rochefort or Westmalle. Both are top rated beers meant to be drunk out of a special glass (although I just use a cheap cocktail one).

The good thing about Nati light/Ice is you get double the bang for your buck since all you have to do is piss back into the can and your ready for round 2 while still getting the exact same quality in beer

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs: The good thing about Nati light/Ice is you get double the bang for your buck since all you have to do is piss back into the can and your ready for round 2 while still getting the exact same quality in beer
Well, I seriously doubt that.

I think you should try it and seriously tell me which you think is more refreshing. I can't say I'd ever do the same though.

Colossal Spoons: Rochefort 10 is my favorite beer. 6 and 8 are good, but 10 is amazing.
Yeah, I just wish I could find it in a larger bottle so I didn't have to pay so much for a small one. Out of the 11 trappist breweries I've wanted to try the Westvlelan one but I believe that's not sold outside of Belgium for a reasonable price?

Colossal Spoons: I want no parts of any macrobrews though
Fair enough. I usually beer sample different craft breweries and whatnot but I have to still say macros are still worth buying if only because there are no pretenses behind it; something worth appreciating. The industry and standards done into making it certainly qualify them as a drink to be enjoyed by all levels of society. We have such fine selection today, I think people take for granted some of the bounties to be enjoyed in today's society not seen by previous generations. Who knows what a king from medieval Europe might think if an ice cold freshly made champaign of beers (Budweiser) was served to him on a warm midsummer night.

Well, considering am an alcoholic I can safely say I've had my fair share of Nati in all varieties and it most def is glorified piss water. I don't drink anymore but am pretty informed on most forms of booze

How about water? Maybe that's the next step?

I think Nati Ice is a good session beer that's refreshing. Is there something in the manufacturing process you think is sub-par?

How about water? Maybe that's the next step?

I think Nati Ice is a good session beer that's refreshing. Is there something in the manufacturing process you think is sub-par?

If you can buy a rack of it for less than $20 you can most certainly understand that the beer you are about to consume is of sub-par quality when it comes to it's manufacturing and ingredients. Like most things in life you get what you pay for

Our manufacturing standards we have today ensure quality control to a certain degree. If something is cheap that doesn't necessarily mean it's crap.

I'm not pretentious about what I drink. With that being said, I enjoy more expensive varieties as well and can appreciate what goes into them.

Got a bottle of Westmalle Tripel (2nd favorite trappist Ale).

I also went with a totally random pick (no idea why I bought this) from a craft brewery "Perennial Artisinal Ales" out of Alabama called Aria, which is a Belgian style ale fermented with 2 different strains of yeast to create a honey/green tea kind of flavoring supposedly. I checked out their website and they certainly have some unique flavors that seem to mesh well with the various styles of beers they produce that strikes me as avante-garde. From a Saison styled beer brewed with chamomile flowers to an Imperial Stout brewed with coffee to an English Style Barleywine and more, I think I've just discovered a new company I may be sampling from the next few months. Their "Woodside" (tripel with Missouri honey) I'm going to be looking for next. I mention all this because I think if the flavoring compliments the style and meshes well into the brewing process, why does there need to be a category of "flavored beers" as opposed to a unique craft avante-gard beverage one can have?

Last edited:
It's been a weekly thing for me now to pick up a litre of the cider I sell. I'm half tempted to get a 2lt as it's just $12 but I'd rather not push it. :p 1lt at 7% is enough weekly for now.

Gotta love the Manhattan's. :yay: I've been wanting to get those Luxardo cherries to garnish the drink with but dang they're expensive.

I didn't really start hating on alcohol until I had to start babysitting people instead of having fun. I know some people who practically turn into adult sized toddlers after drinking. And yes I am aware that not everyone gets like that when they drink, at my drunkest I can still keep myself out of trouble.

Ah...gotta bump this thread coz I've been drinking way more than I used to. My workplace has a happy hour every Thursday so naturally (or unnaturally) I've been drinking every Thursday

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"