What do you think is the best Soda/Fizzy pop/soft drink out there

I think if you're one of those fat, sweaty "sugar pie, honey lamb" Southerners you may call everything Coke.

Even my grandma has never called me those. lol

I'm from western North Carolina, and we do not call everything Coke. We call them soft drinks. I don't go east of Charlotte much, but from Charlotte to the mountains its generally called by its name or called a soft drink.

I like Coke, Cream soda, root beer, Dr. Pepper, Sprite and a few others. Don't really have a favorite, and I rarely drink soft drinks.

Last edited:
Root Beer (any of those "classic" or "real" types/brands)

and most citrus flavors...

...and Pepsi...

I miss Coke Black(?)...remember it was supposed to be the combination of Coke and Coffee...a friend still has an unopened bottle in her fridge...

I haven't had this in a while, but Sprite was always a favorite of mine.

Just remembered how much I like Vault. It's hard to find these days. Also being from the south I know people from around here answer coke sometimes as in any soda. Like if you're at someone's house and they offer you a drink you may ask for a coke which in return will get you whatever soda they keep at their home. At restaurants/food places it's not like . You ask for exactly what's on menu that you want.

When I need a real surge of caffiene, Diet Mountain Dew or Diet Coke seem to work for me. When I want to drink a soda just for the quality of the taste of it, I prefer either Diet Squirt or Fresca. Actually, I don't drink a lot of soda anymore, probably more of a iced tea drinker, but when I do indulge, it's one of the four mentioned in the previous sentences.

Mellow Yellow, Dr.Pepper, Dad's Brand Cream Soda ( can't find this anymore though)

Coca-Cola when I'm hungover and occasionally Squirt.

Manzana Lift when I go to Mexico.

Root Beer (any of those "classic" or "real" types/brands)

and most citrus flavors...

...and Pepsi...

I miss Coke Black(?)...remember it was supposed to be the combination of Coke and Coffee...a friend still has an unopened bottle in her fridge...
One thing that's been great about watching the "Brad Tried..." videos from Brad Jones is you learn a lot of sodas out there still exist but probably not where you live. Coke Black is still available in France for example, while Surge is marketed still in Europe as Urge, and even though many debate it, supposedly tastes the same as Vault when compared back to back.

Who do you guys think makes the best Rootbeer? IBC, Stewart's, Barq's, Boylan, Mug, some other brand (doubt anyone would say A&W)?

I'd probably go with IBC myself.

Last edited:
Reading this thread makes me sad that we have about six different sodas to chose from in the UK.

Love me some Coke, Pepsi and Root Beer all kinds.

It depends. sometimes I love Coke, sometimes I Pepsi and sometimes I love Moutain Dew.

Despite not having much to choose from over here...

Found this in my local Forbidden Planet store a few weeks back

41ufeGXg74L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Another one that I like is the Mountain Dew Baja Blast, it just sucks that you can only get it at Taco Bell.

BTW, did anyone else know that there was a Pepsi freestyle machine called the Pepsi Fusion?

^Heard of the Fusion machine, haven't seen it though. The Fuddrucker's over here near Calumet City probably has one of the bigger Freestyles I've seen.

Who do you guys think makes the best Rootbeer? IBC, Stewart's, Barq's, Boylan, Mug, some other brand (doubt anyone would say A&W)?

I'd probably go with IBC myself.

Oh man I totally forgot about IBC. That is some pretty awesome root beer. When we were kids it was great because they looked like actual beer bottles and we wanted to fit in with the adults drinking their real beer.

However, it is a great pop. Makes me want to go get some now. :wow:

The Pepsi fusion machine is awesome. There's one near where I live. You can pick like 100 plus different combinations, and add vanilla, orange, cherry, raspberry, strawberry or other flavors to pretty much any basic soda.

I know, one of the best sodas I ever had.

The Pepsi fusion machine is awesome. There's one near where I live. You can pick like 100 plus different combinations, and add vanilla, orange, cherry, raspberry, strawberry or other flavors to pretty much any basic soda.
So how is it that there hasn't been much talk about the Pepsi Fusion machine? I just found out about it yet I can't find much info on it, I'm guessing it's still sorta new.

Mountain Dew's MW3 dark green soda was TO DIE FOR.

Even though it gave me a slight headache.

So how is it that there hasn't been much talk about the Pepsi Fusion machine? I just found out about it yet I can't find much info on it, I'm guessing it's still sorta new

I think so, yes. The Firehouse Subs near me just got one about six months ago. They're probably ridiculously expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"