Superman Returns Alfred Gough talks Superman Returns

he should have said that brandon is better than welling ;) that would give us something to talk about..don't you think?
What, so everybody could laugh at him? Gough may be nuts, but he's not not blind. He's also very careful about his public statements.

Rule #1: Never burn your bridges (unless your name is George Lucas and you can afford to not give a crap.)

i'll give Gough his due, but when he said SV is pre-Superman 1, i had to :rolleyes:
He didn't mean it was in continuity with S:TM. It can't be a literal prequel to S:TM, just like it can't be a literal prequel to SR. The backstories for Lex and Lois alone - living and *knowing* Clark in Smallville - proves that. SV takes place before the time frame used in S:TM and SR, which is rather obvious of course. SV's Clark doesn't even wear a costume yet. That's the point Gough was trying to make.

now Pat you do know i was joking right?

i thought you knew me better than that.
:)

What, so everybody could laugh at him? Gough may be nuts, but he's not not blind. He's also very careful about his public statements.

Rule #1: Never burn your bridges (unless your name is George Lucas and you can afford to not give a crap.)

He didn't mean it was in continuity with S:TM. It can't be a literal prequel to S:TM, just like it can't be a literal prequel to SR. The backstories for Lex and Lois alone - living and *knowing* Clark in Smallville - proves that. SV takes place before the time frame used in S:TM and SR, which is rather obvious of course. SV's Clark doesn't even wear a costume yet. That's the point Gough was trying to make.

sorry Pat, but just reading the article and it really does strikes the reader that SV is linked to Superman1. i know he doesnt mean that, but it sure strikes the reader that way. maybe they ought to restructure the quote eh? ;)

oh and Lucas blazes trails. if there happens to be a bridge nearby its not his fault if it catches fire ;)

sorry Pat, but just reading the article and it really does strikes the reader that SV is linked to Superman1. i know he doesnt mean that, but it sure strikes the reader that way. maybe they ought to restructure the quote eh? ;)
It's the same basic story. If folks want to believe it's a direct prequel, I suppose they can force it into the continuity. Somehow. Perhaps with a lot of Vaseline? I dunno. LOL

oh and Lucas blazes trails. if there happens to be a bridge nearby its not his fault if it catches fire ;)
Was just being silly, though it is a general rule of thumb to play nice in public interviews - you never know where your next gig is coming from.

I look at them both as different "Elseworld" tales. Smallville takes place on a different arc then Superman 1, 2, and Returns. They are both to be enjoyed as seperate entities. Although, I really want to see Welling fly away in the suit in the last episode. That would be pretty damn cool.

I look at them both as different "Elseworld" tales. Smallville takes place on a different arc then Superman 1, 2, and Returns. They are both to be enjoyed as seperate entities. Although, I really want to see Welling fly away in the suit in the last episode. That would be pretty damn cool.

But if Welling actually becomes Superman, what is he gonna have as his secret identity? :huh: Everyone has seen Clark without his glasses on. Unless maybe he puts on the glasses when he becomes Superman, LOL. :woot: :ninja:

But if Welling actually becomes Superman, what is he gonna have as his secret identity? :huh: Everyone has seen Clark without his glasses on. Unless maybe he puts on the glasses when he becomes Superman, LOL. :woot: :ninja:

It won't matter, it will be the last episode. I hear ya though, freakin even Perry White knows now. :csad:

You know what showy.. i'm sorry i havn't been around lately..i wont let you down again.

You know what showy.. i'm sorry i havn't been around lately..i wont let you down again.

If there's something wrong, those who have the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action...I'm always around. :cwink:

Ive been preocupied with things that nobody can understand..

i'm back dude..lets kick some ass.

of course, Clark could do the whole spin the earth backwards thingie to erase everyone's mind about them seeing with his glasses off...

of course, Clark could do the whole spin the earth backwards thingie to erase everyone's mind about them seeing with his glasses off...

Sounds like Smallville...

Maybe he'll do the memory erasing kiss. :up:

But if he turned back time, everyone would go back to being teenagers in Smallville while hes an adult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"