Alien: Romulus (2024)

Good news. We desperately needed a back to basics approach. I’m hoping we get a solid Alien movie this time. It’s been nearly 40 years since there was one.

Agreed, though I enjoy Resurrection as a guilty pleasure.
I have a sort of morbid enjoyment for Resurrection. To me, Aliens is the end of the franchise full stop. Prometheus was a decent prequel but Covenant totally derailed it. I’m hoping Romulus is at least on the same level as Prey.

So funny because when the trailer came out everyone thought the face huggers looked CGI.

I mean, the swarm of Face Huggers really does look CGI. The shot of the Face Hugger, well, facehugging does look like it is practical.

Everything I've seen and heard about this movie just makes me so confident.

I have a sort of morbid enjoyment for Resurrection. To me, Aliens is the end of the franchise full stop. Prometheus was a decent prequel but Covenant totally derailed it. I’m hoping Romulus is at least on the same level as Prey.
Agreed. As I've said on here previously, IMO Covenant is worse than Alien 3 and easily the worst in the series. With Resurrection, you could tell they knew they couldn't capture how scary the first 2 movies were and just decided to have fun.

I really hope this is what Prey was to the Predator series. Too much untold stuff in the Alien universe to just let it flounder.

Agreed. As I've said on here previously, IMO Covenant is worse than Alien 3 and easily the worst in the series. With Resurrection, you could tell they knew they couldn't capture how scary the first 2 movies were and just decided to have fun.

Covenent is the worst one for me. It ruined pretty much all of the set up from Prometheus and the Engineers are this super advanced race who apparently had no protection from the black goo they themselves created? That movie was full of problems and characters acting really dumb.

My only problem so far is one that's not just tied to this movie but the trend in general to give us too much information before the film comes out, but do we really need to know which character will get facehugged before we even see the movie? I know the trailer does have a shot at it and I'm sure people already analysed that but it would be more fun to not know who will make it or die early. They're already positioning Cailee Spaeny as the new Ripley/lead and isn't that one guy confirmed as the ship android already? I think it would be more fun to go in completely blind, like sure you would expect an android to be part of the crew and you would expect another Ripley (because a male lead in an Alien movie can't happen) but at least give us some shroud of mystery around the cast! :p

I am super stoked for this though. Probably my most anticipated film of 2024.

I can't wait for this Epic Tale of the Xenomorphs taking over The Romulan Homeworld.
Hey, I CAN DREAM CAN'T I???

Getting horny from all of these descriptions of footage.

I love how we are all collectively slowly going from "the CGI is amazing/the Volume is a revolutionary tool" to welcoming the use of practical effects and filming in real locations again.

I love how we are all collectively slowly going from "the CGI is amazing/the Volume is a revolutionary tool" to welcoming the use of practical effects and filming in real locations again.
As Always,
FINGERS CROSSED!

Too bad the resulting movie of Resurrection wasn't fun then :o

Honestly, it really does feel like Scott originally wanted Prometheus to be it's own movie at first but Fox strong-armed him into making it an Alien prequel because that was everyone, studio and audiences, wanted.

Though, I REALLY wish he had gone with the "Alien Engineer" script draft John Spaits wrote. Between that and the excellent Nottingham script that Scott threw out in favor of that crummy "Robin Hood origin story" idea, I don't understand why Scott took a look at those and thought they weren't good enough!

I still wish someone would make that Nottingham movie. I remember thinking that it sounded Iike a really interesting take on the Robin Hood story but then Scott just decided to do that weird Robin Hood Begins idea with a way-too-old-for-this-sh** Russell Crowe fighting the French army.

I still wish someone would make that Nottingham movie. I remember thinking that it sounded Iike a really interesting take on the Robin Hood story but then Scott just decided to do that weird Robin Hood Begins idea with a way-too-old-for-this-sh** Russell Crowe fighting the French army.
I read that Nottingham script. It was ****ing BRILLIANT......and then Ridley Scott threw it in the trash because he thought it was too cerebral or something. Between this, and the last 2 Alien movies, you wonder why Scott isn't in my best books right now?

I read that Nottingham script. It was ****ing BRILLIANT......and then Ridley Scott threw it in the trash because he thought it was too cerebral or something. Between this, and the last 2 Alien movies, you wonder why Scott isn't in my best books right now?

Is the script online somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"