Alien vs. Predator 2 Scheduled for 2007

Cool. I know a few people who are waiting for this.

Great, that gives me more than a year to make sure NOBODY IN THE WORLD pays to see it.

I hope they get someone new to direct part 2. I would hope that the next one would be R-rated from the beginning, but fox will probably cut it down to a PG-13 movie.

I haven't seen the first one. I hear it's utter, repulsive crap. I'm ahuge fan of the Alien and Predator movies (well, the good ones) and hopefully this new film will be a worthy addition to the series.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Will this one actually be decent?

Well thats the question... Thats why Im gonna wait and watch the trailer first.

Kevin Roegele said:
Great, that gives me more than a year to make sure NOBODY IN THE WORLD pays to see it.

Truly, you are doing God's work. :up:

The Only way that this can be good is if they ignore EVERYTHING about the first movie and restart it. Plus connect it to Predator 2 and Alien.

Darth Elektra said:
You guys should wait till the trailer to judge this film.
Why? Typically Sequels tend to be lower in quality to the original film.(Unless the writer has some considerable talent and was writing with a sequel in mind) Noting that, since AVP was a terrible film, what would you think would make it any better?? (short of ignoring the first film) Plus you have to realize that most people here are very cynical about Hollywood for a good reason.

<(o_o)> said:
I hope they get someone new to direct part 2. I would hope that the next one would be R-rated from the beginning, but fox will probably cut it down to a PG-13 movie.

^I agree with all of that.

OMG...so they're making this into another franchise?

What makes me mad is that the original movies (Alien, Aliens, and Predators) are really good movies. Im talking about influencial in the sci-fi genre. But now, Fox is just milking it for what its worth.

great, because the first one was so good........

WorthyStevens4 said:
Will this one actually be decent?

It's only decent if James Cameron, Ridley Scott, or John McTiernan are involved.

:(

Give it to Scott, Cameron, or McTiernan.

If not, I don't give a damn about this project.

You know me... I'll only see it if there's tna.

you know what really gets my goat?

the fact that in an aintitcool.com interview with James Cameron it turned out he WAS working on an Alien 5 script with...RIDLEY SCOTT AS WELL?!

and you all know what happened right? Fox said to cameron...."forget it. the fans want aliens versus predator" and of course he,scott and sigorney weaver wanted nothing to do with the franchise anymore. and whilst cameron later said that he thought avp was "ok" I still think he was just being polite.

so not only did fox stop us from getting a predator 3, and more importantly a scott/cameron alien 5 movie,
the replaced it with the biggest piece of crap movie directed by paul anderson. paul ****ing anderson!!!?! there were MUCH better scripts floating around than his....I cant believe this guy gets work...mmm a mortal kombat movie could be cool. NOPE a resident evil movie would be really scary NOPE and then he manages to make a joke out of Aliens Vs Predator?!! which btw, had the potential to be one of the best films ever made, but alas whenever I see it in the stores I just grimace and smirk to myself.

the moral of the story is...be careful what you wish for...I love all the aliens movies (bar resurrection of course) and I loved predator 1, and liked predator 2............
but I will not see this movie unless it's a sure thing. which it won't be. it will tank like the first one and theres no reason at this stage to expect otherwise.:down

Paul W.S. Anderson better not be anywhere near this ****in' movie, it better be rated R, have lots of blood and gore, and better be awesome because the first one sucked Rosie O'Donnells fat ass big time. :mad:

Well, all that I can say is that if it's coming out then, then they'd better get started...

You know I woke up one morning and felt like my life was missing something. I see what it is now...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"